[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The Daily S.I.T

The Daily S.I.T

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: The Daily S.I.T

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:52 pm

Maybe we can put a bollo out and get it impounded, same with the steam roller that works on the opposite shift :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:10 pm

Oh makes me feel we' re on NCIS or something....those sort of programmes are always talking about a bollo.......does that mean I get to have the nice Mr Gibbs aka Mark Hammond help look for the steam roller.....
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:26 pm

And DiNozzo as well :clap: :clap: :clap: I get to play in the lab with Abi and McGee :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Pepperty » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:29 pm

..the way I feel of late, I'd best settle for 'Ducky!' :roll: He's gotta be 70 ish, recent heart attack - must take things easy? Heres hoping that we'd make a lovely laid back pair :lol:

My heart steers for Ninozzo, but the effort of lusting may polish me off!!
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:24 am

Okay girls, calm down... Don't want to raise Pepperty's blood pressure, poor thing! :crazy:

I had a very close encounter today, while out with the dog. A robin was singing away and came so close I could have touched him. I like to think he was telling me everything is going to be okay. A close friend passed away last night, he used to love sitting in his garden feeding the birds and they used to sit on his lap and eat from his hand. So he was in my thoughts as all the birds in the wild sang their little hearts out.. God bless, Rick. X
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:41 am

MAc trucks , steam rollers ......What ever did I start !!

On a more serious note .....sorry for your loss Flash , to lose a close friend can be very difficult time, especially if they were part of your wider support network . Just try and remember all the good times you had with your friend and I would take any comfort you can from what ever source is available to you, including the robin coming so close.

Around us, a Robin in folk lore is a messenger of a death to come or a death that has just been . The Robin is said to represent comfort and the promise of new beginnings.

gentle hugs

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:08 am

Ducky is 80 and still has an eye for the ladies :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Will go quiet on that front for a bit, don't want Pepperty to keel over :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I'm sorry your friend has been called back to the angels Flash :grouphug: :hugs: :flowers: Your encounter with the robin is lovely, and for the birds to come and sit on his lap and eat from his hand says an awful lot :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dotty lotty » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 am

The bolo and NCSI did make me laugh this morning.
But on a serious note sorry to hear about your friend Flash. It is always hard to loose someone close but as time helps to heal you will have lots of good memories to get you through the days. Sending you lots of :hugs: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Thanks to you all for your kind words. Rick was a wonderful man, had a brain like Einstien so was brilliant to chat to. His life turned up-side-down due to breakdown and wife leaving him but it was when he was at his lowest when the birds came to him. It was like they knew he was harmless and would protect them. He got cancer due to asbestosis but fortunately didn't suffer for long. He's happy now, feeding the birds no doubt.

ISM I never heard about Robin telling of a death but it figures, the robin yesterday came so close, I don't usually get that. I know they mean "don't worry.." among other things.

Walkies now! :dogrun1: Take care all. XX
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby Pepperty » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:31 pm

sorry to hear your sad news 'flash'

I'm popping in, not sure how long I'll manage sitting at pc, had a lovely night out last night - now paying for my sins :lol: Went to my local arena to watch Ronan Keating and Brian McFadden perform :-D I chose my seat with care so I wouldnt have to stand but the walk to and from the arena has worn me out, but as they say 'no pain, no gain.' Excellant performance, I've waited 9 years to see Brian again and had the bonus of him singing a fair few Westlife tracks ( I do like my boyband pop :crazy: )
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:35 am

So, I suppose 'Ducky' has been put on the back burner now then.. How on earth did you survive the night after seeing Ronan and Brian? It's going to take a while to recover, I'm sure. SWOOOOON..... Oh well, atleast you'll have a smile on you're face... :xmasdance1:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:25 am

Flash so sorry to hear of your loss, he sounds like a wonderful man but as the others have said I'm sure he's feeding the birds and watching over you and the others he cared about :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Pepperty glad you had a good time, does the heart good to have some enjoyment :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Pepperty » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:59 am

:-D still smiling....although it feels like someones gouging my hip joints with a red hot poker!
I'll have to settle back to 'Ducky' although my two favourite TV men are Yannick Bisson ( Murdock Mysteries) and Simon Baker ( The Mentalist)

I'm on countdown now, next outing is 10 days time - Rocky Horror Show :clap:
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby Leona » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:18 pm

:wave: Hiya, just got through a really bad flare up which affected me alot physically and mentally. I feel alot more stable now, and have a greater understanding of Fibro and have spent the last few weeks apologising for being 'me'. My fiance has been mega supportive and got me through it.
I hope you're all ok.
Leona
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:34 am

Just back from the bloodsuckers (as I need my thyroid levels checked) but got the Good one .....so hoping no bruise. ..last time I got a huge bruise as they nicked something on the way in with the needle. Was really sore & took ages to get rid off .

Just one more joy along the road we all travel .
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Positive and Fun