[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The Daily S.I.T

The Daily S.I.T

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: The Daily S.I.T

Postby valiumval » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:38 pm

This post is a great idea! :-)

Just sitting down watching river cottage while the hubby does my hair :-D lol he's an aircraft mechanic but turns out he's not bad at helping me with my 50's hairstyle as it hurts to keep my arms raised lol very pleased with my new look and just have to try to recreate it for work tomorrow :-)
valiumval
UKFM Member

Postby SharonL42 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi all,
Had a quiet day as back in work 2moro....a bit apprehensive as have accepted a new post as a Deputy Nurse Manager which means more hours & back to shift work.
I'm determined to make it work tho as I gave up a similar position when I had my boys & now they are older I think I deserve a chance to put myself 1st for a change.
Wish me luck & hope you all have a good night Xx

Keep Smiling :-)
Keep Smiling :)
SharonL42
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:05 am

:goodluck1: Sharon hope it works out well for you :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

The Daily S.I.T

Postby logue82 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:58 am

Hi all, trying to get a sleep before I pick up my gumtree finds in the morning. Not thought through the carrying furniture up stairs part :) but be worth it when i have a nice organised bedroom to look at!
logue82
UKFM Member

Postby Leona » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:19 am

Just wanted to give those who aren't having a good time at the moment my hugs, I know I'm a newbie but I can see you are lovely folk :oops:
I'm going for an eye test this afternoon, does Fibro affect our eyes much? After that we're doing some grocery shopping (the SpecSavers is in a big supermarket). And if we can we're getting a new footstool for me from Argos - ain't life glam ?! See ya soon!
Leona
UKFM Member

Postby Leona » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 am

Could this thread be put to the top of the general chat, after the announcements and stuff, because its handy if people can find it easily near the top....just a suggestion!
Leona
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:14 am

Yes, fibro affects our eye muscles in the same way as all the others according to my optician - quick to fatigue, varying levels of ability to focus etc. Oh deep joy - is there any part of our bodies we can rely on???

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Well, I got through yesterday, just. Very sore and had bad asthma, due to fog I think. Did the usual sunday stuff although I cheated, thank God for 'Aunt Bessie's'. Feel like spending the whole day in bed but got to walk my dog and get some shopping. Ohhh but it's sooo nice here wrapped up in my ney blanket... Dog's been fed and done her rumage in the garden, might just take blanket down stairs and snuggle up with her.

Hope everyone is well, considering... Hugs.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:30 pm

The things we sticky on the boards tends to be the stuff people ask about on a regular basis so it's easier to guide them to it.

Whilst the topic is being posted on it will stay up with the other active ones. It will only start to drop down when posts become less frequent or cease.

The topic is in here as it's a more suitable board for this type of thread. Plus General Topics is one of the busier boards on the forum compare to here, so things will hopefully stay higher up in the active topics on here than it would elsewhere.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Leona » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Well I had my eye test and I have a prescription for glasses for close up work, so I'll be choosing some specs soon.
After a bit of shopping for a foot stool I am knackered so have retreated to bed in my onesie while watching 'Come dine with me' - I love that show! I'm 40 feeling 60 but I did what I needed to so am chuffed.
Thanks for explaining stuff Fluppypuffy and maxtomads :-) xx
Leona
UKFM Member

Postby SharonL42 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:44 pm

Thanx Denys (hug) I had a good day back in work but sad to tell staff & pupils I'm leaving. Will still see some of the children in my new role but will miss the others loads.
Shoulder is aching now from cleaning up yesterday so in bed with heated blanket on waiting for new series of Lewis to start.
Gentle hugs to everyone xx

Keep Smiling :-)
Keep Smiling :)
SharonL42
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:34 am

Glad it went well for you Sharon and long may it continue, I enjoyed Lewis :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:44 am

Given I couldn't sleep just posted some replys on various threads ....took me ages as I had to keep getting up to decrick my back & rub my painful bits ........also couldn't remember words or did them in funny order . If it takes me ages to do a few posts on here...... how am I meant to keep down a job......My other self would have fired them off in no time!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby valiumval » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:57 am

Recovered from my stupid fall last night, this may make you giggle, I needed to charge my iPad and the charger was plugged in behind the sofa, leaning on the sofa I braced one arm on the back and stretched to reach the plug, but my arm gave way, I hit the back of the sofa with my shoulder, no strength in my arms to push me back up! :-D I'm calling for hubby to come and help me as I'm stuck there, bum in the air :girl_moon: and laughing, the hubby is stood behind me laughing so much he can't help :roll: guess he thought his luck might be in :lol:
Next time I'll ask someone else to reach it for me lol
valiumval
UKFM Member

Postby Leona » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:12 am

I feel a Moderator has overstepped their mark in the thread 'Fibro and Tattoos' so I no longer will be part of this online community as I have lost my faith. So goodbye and good luck.
Leona
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Positive and Fun