[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - a hard thing to do.

a hard thing to do.

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

a hard thing to do.

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:52 am

right i no im asking alot but as we live with this for the rest of lifes lets at lest try.

tell me one good thing that has changed in your life since u got fibro.

for me not working means i get to stay home with my baby girl. hard work in its self giggles.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: a hard thing to do.

Postby TATT » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:00 am

Fibro stopped me from working and I am mainly housebound.

It's giving me time to work on myself, ie: I do a lot of personal development, I am looking at my personality and they way I look and react to things and I am modifying myself. I am reading a lot and gaining interests in things that I would never had the time before.

I am learning to love myself for the first time, I am meditating and looking inside for the answers instead of externally. I am learning to be grateful for the beautiful world that we live in and the fact that I am not dying from this. I am trying to be more positive and my aim is to be a Brecon to my adult daughters and show them that their warrior mother is still around.

I have the time for this now. So I am growing in maturity and strength and my heart is opening.

But that's on a good day :lol:
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:02 am

Beacon not Breacon :roll:
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby helenclaire » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:11 am

I love my husband even more. I appreciate and make the most of everything that I have. :-D :-D xx
helenclaire
UKFM Member

Postby paulamcl » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:21 am

I am now taking the time to focus on myself and if im to admitt be a little bit selfish for a change rather than run around after everybody else. I am trying to pace myself which is hard but ive learned the hard we that you have to. Now i reguarlly get reiki treatments and im looking into crystal therapy to. Im a more postitive person to as you have to have FM to appreciate all the little things you took for granted. Altho i might not be able to run around as much with my son i do get to have more nights were we snuggle up for a movie night :-D
paulamcl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:32 am

I've moved this into here with it having such a lovely vibe to it. Even tho we live with this condition, there are little gems that we find or have happen to us, but in a lot of cases these all get lost in the darkness that is constantly trying to envelop us.

For me it was the chance to finally be owned by my furbaby :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Prior to that, things were spiralling downwards so fast that it felt more like I was in freefall, I wouldn't go out unless there was absolutely no possible way to avoid it, and a whole host of other things. With her arrival tho, going out became a necessity which has now become a pleasure most of the time, as have a lot of other areas as she is so happy in her little waggly world, which just flows out into virtually everything.............................until she rolls in something of dubious origin :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

And because I can get away with being greedy today, finding out just how wonderful my OH is :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Laus2002 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:15 pm

I get to spend lots of quality time with my Dad who had a double lung transplant 4 years ago and is therefore on borrowed time. That makes me feel incredibly lucky! I also think my relationship with my partner is better than ever due to the amount of time we have together so there are a few positives to FM!
Laus2002
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:51 pm

I just love being able to spend all my time with Milly my beautiful rescue dog. When I was working I was doing 12 hour days and nights I worked 6 12hour days 0600-1800 and nights were 1800-0600 and then 6 days off so you can see I had no life at all it was all work and sleep and I would just grab what I could to eat in between. Milly used to go to a friend of mine she would come and get her at about 1000am and bring her home 10 mins before I came home, that was when I was on days and when I was on nights I would drop her at my friends at 1730hours and she would bring her back home when they went to bed usually about midnight so she wasn't on her own for too long. I was jealous of my friend spending so much time with Milly. Now I spend day and night with her and I love every minute and we do lots of fun things together when I am able to. I love Milly more than life itself!!! :dogrun1:

I also get to spend a lot of time with my mum and dad, when I was working I was lucky if I saw them once a week but now we speak everyday on the telephone sometimes a few times a day but I actually see them every other day. It makes you realize how precious your life is as dad has cancer and mum needed major heart surgery to have her aortic valve replaced last year so the time I spend with them now I treasure.

Fibro had got me several years before I stopped work but I just carried on and run myself into the ground thank goodness my employer made me redundant when they did or I don't know where I would be now. I know I had 6 days off after my days and nights but I was so exhausted I would spend the 6 days off catching up on housework, shopping and sleeping it was a horrible life and not one I would like to go back to. So for me spending the time with the people that I love not forgetting Misty and Maxwell :cat1: my 2 cats but I didn't have them when I was working.

Sorry for going on but this really makes you think lol!!! So fibro isn't always bad you can make a positive out of a negative!!!

Milly :-D :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:23 pm

for me its knowing how strong my marriage is and how much im loved,

but also finding out who the true people are in my life and not the ones who just used me when they need help and dissapeared when it was on the other foot,

im not meaning to bring down this thread as this has opened my eyes to concentrate on those that realy matter and now i seem to have more time to spend with those i love it hurt at first but not any more,

so yes fibro did me a favour in opening my eyes.

take care all xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Wow I love this thread.

I try to stay positive most of the time but it's hard. This is great though as it makes us think of the little things we don't realise make us happy and life worth while.

Ok for me it's discovering how strong my relationship with my OH is. Me being diagnosed with FM has been the hardest thing we have ever been though and there were times where I told OH to leave me and find someone else who wouldn't have all these problems and that I wouldn't think bad of him for doing so. His response was "Shut up and stop being so silly I love you and I want to marry you" Well we are getting married in August in Greece and he is organising everything as a suprise to me and to show me how much he loves me (I get to pick my dress though lol)

As FM restricts what I can do my OH has never once moaned about the lack of money we have (as I have had to cut my hrs at work) he has never moaned about me not being well enough to go out or do something and he has never made me feel unloved or bad about having FM.

It's also helped me realise just who my real friends and family are and some true colours have definitely been shown. I used to do anything and everything for everyone, but as I am so limited now with what I can do I know exactly who is worth my time and who isnt.

A bit off topic but I am very grateful for my furbaby Belle, she is a rescue pup and was badly treated by her first owners sho she's had it tough like me. She just knows when I'm in pain and is so gentle and loving, she will snuggle up by my side for hours on my bad days and snooze.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:43 pm

WOW im sooo touched by all the lovely replys . we seem to have alot to be thankful for dont we .hugs
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Pepperty » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:33 pm

I have spend vast amounts of time online, as there wasnt anything much I could physically do so I self taught myself web design, php, joomla, wordpress, javascript ect. and spent time designing graphics and working with photoshop and animation and...video editing, audio - and so forth...

I found something I could acheive successfully even when flat on my back in bed! Its been a reaffirmation that my brain can still work and that I can be useful in a small facet of life? :-D This has counterbalanced feelings of frustration at all the things I cant do.....and I have somthing solid to prove some self worth :roll: Im not so ditzy if I can tutor myself with the help of 'google' :lol: theres always an answer using search engines!!
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun