[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Expecting little furry babies soon

Expecting little furry babies soon

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Expecting little furry babies soon

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:21 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As we all seem to be a big group of pet /animal lovers on here i wanted to share my own little joy of happiness with you all :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Firstly...

Living in a flat and unable to have cats and dogs only caged animals i decided to get a guinea pig.
I got a female who after many months decided on a name of NUGGET :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
She is very adorable and sociable little one. She is a tri colour crested piggy.

Looking round pets a home one day i see a poor little guina pig all depressed on his own in a glass cage :( no one had wanted him and so he was all alone and up for adoption. I couldnt resist his sad little face and so he came home with me, he was already called treacle, a tri colour normal piggy with a black face and looks like a wombal lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I then got into the piggy obsession and instead of gettin more :crazy: i have bred my 2 (after lots of research) and will keep the babies apart from 2 as my best friend will be looking after them.

A few weeks or more ago my daughter noticed how fat nugget was getting but wasnt sure if it was cause she was eating so much or expecting.

NOW tho... I can confirm we are expecting some furry babies and she is in her last weeks/days of her pregnancy and she is HUGE! :yikes: :yikes: you can see and feel the little ones moving :-D :-D

I have seperated her from treacle so she has some rest time (he will also be off for the snip) and brought her a cozy bed which she loves.

She comes in with me all throught the day so i can keep an eye on her. Treacle is ok and can see nugget as i put there cages together at night but shes seems glad of the rest.

Shes sleeping lots and only gettin up to feed but is looking well and healthy and being spoilt rotten with lots of love and fuss.

I think she will be due in the next week or 2 at the most so will keep you updated of her progression and when the babes arrive.

I will also try and upload some pictures (if anyones interested)
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Expecting little furry babies soon

Postby denys » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:39 pm

oooh Lisa baby piggies how cute would definitely be interested in seeing them as baby guinea pigs are so cute, just like miniature big guinea pigs :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Don't know an awful lot about guinea wigs Lisa, but ickle furbabies...............I'm interested and can't wait to see what they look like and hear how they go on :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:51 pm

I must admit i never knew much either :crazy: but now i have them im obsessed :lol: :lol: :lol: i love animals and they give me such joy. I know there not many peoples cup of tea :-? but not being able to stroke and cuddle a cat/dog this i found was next best thing :lol: they love cuddles and fuss and purr and Whheeekkk :lol:
Mornings are funny, soon as they see me they sing a song Wheeekk wheeeekkk not just cause there happy to see me cause they know its brekki time :lol:
My shopping list looks very healthy with lots of fresh vegtables :lol:
They can be funny also and very harmless little ones.
I have a play pen they run about but will use this for the nursery when the little ones are born to give them all space.

Im hoping she will give birth when my daughters stay. With it being easter hols :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby moomoos » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:03 pm

I'd definitely be interested to know about Nuggat's progress and to see pics of her, Treacle and the babies.

I dont know anything about them either as only ever had one as a very small child and it got away never to be seen again, poor thing. I have seen them in the adoption centres in Pets At Home lots, and rabbits too. Nice of you to adopt Treacle.

:-D xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: think I overused the word cute :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: always had hamsters, guinea pigs and rabbits when the kids were small so can appreciate how much fun they are giving you :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:17 pm

This is heavily pregnant lady nugget :lol: in her new cozy bed
Attachments
rsz_4.jpg
rsz_4.jpg (74.12 KiB) Viewed 5453 times
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:20 pm

As well as her cozy bed she has another that i made out of a shoe box as the other beds are now too small for her and this is tempory but she seems to of been nibblin at it :nono:
I need her beds *open* now so i can monitor her, i'll be putting her in the play pen (more space) in next few days so she has more room
As you can see very clearly here her tummy full of fluffy babies :-D
Attachments
rsz_11.jpg
rsz_11.jpg (89.69 KiB) Viewed 5453 times
*Lisa*

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Keep us up to date on the baby piggies ,know nothing bout them but my niece had one which she adored!

Hope the babies do arrive when your daughter around as I'm sure she is also excited given she first discovered the good news.

Take care.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby monica » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwww! I love Squeakers :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I used to have lots as a child and later on when I grew up!

Mum is adorable, really looking forward to seeing the babies :-D :-D :-D
monica
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Here is treacle, the adoptive piggy who no one wanted :( but now have a loving home and soon to become a dad :lol: hes missing his lady but shes in no mood for him atm :nono: as she needs all her rest.
We get him to see her daily but have to keep them seperate as shes hormonal and not wantin him near her now shes heavily pregnant.
Teacle is still a little scared as we think being so depressed effected him but hes very happy now and popcorns whenever hes near nugget.
Popcorn is what they do when there over excited, they jump everywhere :lol:
Attachments
rsz_1treakle.jpg
rsz_1treakle.jpg (56.12 KiB) Viewed 5436 times
*Lisa*

Postby monica » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:05 pm

I love it when they popcorn...makes me laugh :mrgreen:

Treacle is very handsome!
monica
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Our across~the~road neighbours have had the guinea piggy bug for a number of years and I've looked after them when they've gone on hollibobs/away, and once they had got used to it being me looking after them, when they heard me coming down the path they'd start squeaking and wheeeking until I'd been in to see them :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Even if I'd wanted to be a miserable bint that day, there was no chance of it happening as they were pretty much guaranteed to make me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nugget is gorgeous, wonder how many ickle fluffy piggies are hiding away in her tum.???

And how could anyone not want Treacle???? He's luffly :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby moomoos » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Awwwwww they are both gorgeous little furrys. I have not had much to do this piggies but I think these two are so sweet.

Cant wait to see the ikkle babies :mrgreen: :mrgreen: xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Lady nugget has been grazing well and more active which is good because she was lookin a little fed up.

Funny thing is where the babies move and kick her she lets out a big purr then rubs her tummy with her nose :mrgreen: there very visable moving around.

When i stroke her the babies become more active. tryin not to pick her up now tho just lots of stokes and fuss

We think she may have 5 well we all in a vote atm :lol: i think 5 or 3 big fluff balls.

Shes seems alot bigger one side.

Shes sittin in her cozy bed keeping an eye on me. Seems to love being near me all the time.

The piggys have definatly landed on there feet here :lol:
*Lisa*

Next

Return to Positive and Fun