[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Flyball and me

Flyball and me

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Flyball and me

Postby Lemonie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:41 pm

I do flyball with my dogs and am part of a fantastic team who understand I am different. To be fair they are all 'different' :mrgreen: I never knew there were other nutters out there to be honest. We took last year out as I find it very difficult to balance what I want to do with what I can do.

I have now started on Victoza for my diabetes which has completely taken away my IBS but has bad side effects. This has opened up a whole new world to me big time!! All I need now is for something to help me with my fatigue as I find it hard to race my dog and keep going. The team are used to seeing my curled up in odd places asleep and just carry on which is good. I hope now I have been diagnosed with fibro and am starting some medication that I can try and get a bit more control so I am not in bed at 8pm when camping and can join in more and not have to sit and watch.
Lemonie
UKFM Member

Re: Flyball and me

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:01 pm

What doglets do flyball with you??? I've seen it, it's very high energy and lots of fun :dogrun1: Collie~wobbles seem to be popular for contests, bright and intelligent and fast :dogrun1:

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: with finding something to help with the fatigue, it's one of the symptoms that most of us struggle with, feeling full of energy is something that we'd love to experience, just once in a while :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe we'll be lucky enough to see you and your team on Crufts in the not~to~distant future :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi Lemonie

I've never heard of flyball before, what does it involve? Would love to see some pictures of your dogs in action, I'm owned by a doglet too and she would love anything that involves a ball as that's her new love at the moment (the pink squeeky teddy was finally gutted for the squeaky bit last week and she had been working on that for weeks lol.)

My Oh gets to go to crufts quite a lot with working at the kennels, his boss normally enters their own dogs and he gets to tag along but he loves anything to do with doglets.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Lemonie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Flyball is a relay race with teams of 4 dogs over 4 jumps to a box with a tennis ball to collect and then back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbuTKLKG6qk

I race with my dogs Bo who is a Cocker Spaniel x Border Terrier ...

and Badger who is a cocker Spaniel x Lakeland Terrier ...

We also have a foster dog Biggles who is not doing flyball as he has ongoing medical conditions :-)
Lemonie
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:44 am

Lemonie

Thanks for the explanation and the pictures, your furry babies are so so cute. I have a collie cross lab called Belle (my profile pic) and she's a rescue dog. She had her tail cut in half by her first horrible owners so we call it her lucky stump and it still waggles when she is excited.

Wow those dogs really do fly don't thay lol I can see why it's called Flyball now. Belle has only just started showing an interest in toys and not being a typical girly doglet she is fascinated by footballs and loves having one of us throw a ball for her to run after and she is pretty quick. I bet she's love this kind of thing except she's not very good around other dogs and new people yet - probably linked to how she was treated.

Hope you and your babies have a fab time.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Positive and Fun