[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Inspiring and Positive quotes

Inspiring and Positive quotes

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Inspiring and Positive quotes

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu May 02, 2013 12:15 pm

Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Re: Inspiring and Positive quotes

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 03, 2013 11:20 am

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri May 03, 2013 11:29 am

Good one FP, sometimes we can get stuck in the I've FM mode. we forget there is life after DX. it's just different. :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Fri May 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Those are both really good ones.

At work we have these company desk calendars and each day has a fact and a quote and we all have such a laugh reading them out each morning. Todays one is:

"Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully"

The one my mum drilled into me and my sister is the same asmy signature on here:

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

I too often get too absorbed in my fibro bubble so this is a really nice thread to read and contribute to.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri May 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Glad you like it loulou let's hope we get lots of other positive thoughts to help us along the way.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 03, 2013 4:29 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby maxtomads » Fri May 03, 2013 4:45 pm

As someone who's always taken everyone elses stress on board one I find helpful is

"handle every stressful situation like a dog... If you can't eat it or play with it just pee on it and walk away"

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sat May 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Hi all

I love these little sayings one that stands out to me is one my grandad used to say to me!!

As one door closes another door of oppertunity opens and only you can let it in!!!

He was a wise man my grandad and taught me how to turn 99% of negative thoughts into positive thoughts!!! I love to read the signature sayings on here especially when new one's appear!! I particularly like Flupp

If your dog doesnt like someone perhaps you shouldnt either!!

Love to all
Milly :-D :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :grouphug:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 04, 2013 1:49 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat May 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Opps sorry Dee-Dee playing up again must be very frustrating.

love your saying FP.........I think every day has to be treated as a new start as we never know how we will be feeling :hugs:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby millymoodoo » Sat May 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Oh no Deedee doodoo's you are a naughty girl doing that, at this rate you will have to stay on that long lead forever if you dont start being a good girl.

Just a thouht Flup when i first got Milly she was dreadful on the lead and when i let her off she did just as she liked and came back when she good and ready. So i kept her on a lead and let her have some her off freedom by allowing her to go on the long lead like you are doing with Deedee doodoo's yet when i let her off nothing changed and she did her own thing again.

I spoke to the vet the next time i went and she said not to use the long lead when she is norty, keep her on the short lead and progress onto the long lead if she is being good and then try letting her off if she is doing what you tell her. When you do let her off if she runs off immediately return her to the short lead. It really worked well with Milly and now she is so good, the only real thing that distracts her is if she see's a rabbit and everything just goes out of the window with her and she will not come back until she is good and ready and immediately even 6 years down the line we revert back to a short lead and she knows and accepts this punishment.

It works far better than shouting at them or telling them off. Dogs are very clever they know exactly what they are doing and to Milly chasing a rabbit is worth it (i guess its the retriever in her) It could be worth a try!!!!! It used to really get me down when she wouldnt come back and i would get all upset and i was at the end of my tether. I was more worried she would get knocked down or something bad would happen to her but doing this for a few days really worked, i think Milly felt worse as she knows she is in trouble and she doesnt like to upset me bless her which me feel so mean doing it.

:goodluck2: :dogrun1:
Milly :-D :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :dogrun1:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat May 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Each of us has our own Fibro story to tell , some of us are mildly affected by the illness and some of us have had to give up work & are virtually housebound.

However each and everyone of us should remember to have " Pride in how far we have come ....and faith in ourselves for what lies ahead "

We are all much stronger in spirit than we think and even if based at home most of the time , you might be surprised how much your words can mean to someone else, on a forum such as this.

Gentle hugs to all my fellow fibromites. :grouphug:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Tue May 07, 2013 12:00 pm

LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 07, 2013 9:41 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 am

“Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.”
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Positive and Fun