[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - A great night despite Fibro

A great night despite Fibro

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A great night despite Fibro

Postby LouLou » Tue May 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi everyone

Thought I would share a great experience I had on Sunday night. My mum and sister had brought tickets to The Big Reunion concert for us. For those of you who don't know, The Big Reunion is about pop bands from the 90's doing a comeback concert. It included all the bands me and my sister grew up listening to and loved, like Atomic Kitten, Five, 911, Liberty X, Bewitched and the Honeyz. We'd put their posters on our walls and dream of marrying the hearthrob of the boy bands, we watched music channnels to learn their dance moves and cut out the song lyrics from magazines to learn lol.

Well the concert was on Sunday so I spent the weekend resting and booked the Monday off work as the concert was in Birmingham which is half hour away from where I live. My dad insisted on picking me up so I didn't have to drive and my mum gave me a massage before the concert.

Anyway I had such a fantastic time at the concert. It was great to be sent back to a time where I was young, care free and most importantly pain free! My sister and mum had booked our seats on a part where we were elevated so if I needed to sit I could still see. There was no chance of me sitting on me bum when Five were on stage let me tell you lol. Me and my sister sang all the words to all the songs and we even did the dance moves. :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: So all those hours of practise came in handy lol.

The pain started to niggle at me during the half time break but I told it to do one as I was having such a good time.

Monday I could barely walk or talk but I was still smiling from the buzz of the night before and that greatly outweighed the pain I was in.

I just wanted to share a positive experience I had despite being in pain.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Re: A great night despite Fibro

Postby whoami » Tue May 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Lou Lou.........Even though I have no idea what you look like I have a vision of this woman stood in the stands. A woman who is thoroughly enjoying the moment. Eyes closed, swaying to the music at times and in the next moment wide eyed, jumping around like a five year old, every joint and muscle moving to the music. Letting herself enjoy and not letting fibro ruin her night.

I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful night. Nights like you had are few and far between even without the fibro. You were so right to prepare ahead, knowing what lay ahead for you the next day. Your night will be treasured a long time...........when are you doing it again? LOL
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Tue May 14, 2013 3:13 pm

LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 pm

hi,loulou,

im so glad you had a lovely time with your sister and mum and i know what you mean sometimes it is worth the after effects to have a good time and feel quite normal for a change i hope the pain eases soon for you and you get some more great times soon.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue May 14, 2013 7:45 pm

I am so glad you had such a good night Lou Lou, Like the others, I have a very distinct picture in my head of you and your sister both then and now dancing away to the music. I've seen the posters for the tour and it did look great fun for anybody of "that era"

My No1 son was quite little when Bewitched were about but he used to listen to the CD every night when he went to bed . I think I know every word. :yikes:
As a big 6 ' 20 something, I did jokingly ask him did he want to go for old time sake ....you can guess his initial reply but then he and his sister did start laughingly singing Ce la Vie ....magic, made me think of all the good times when they were little .

Its funny how songs take you back to different part of your life and how they can bring good memories to the fore, just shows how music is a very powerful tool. Perhaps listening to a few old CD will get the happy hormones running and ease the pain after the event.

If not take care and rest up , so glad you had such a good time, your enjoyment of the occasion shone out of your post and has me running around with a big grin on my face.

I do so love it when one of my Fibro friends has a good news story. :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 14, 2013 8:22 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue May 14, 2013 11:31 pm

Great news Lou so glad you had a fab time, even Flup was singing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no wonder its pouring down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed May 15, 2013 7:49 am

Great singing FP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure Simon Cowell is just looking up your number now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Wed May 15, 2013 9:41 am

Lol thanks guys

Flups I love Five and I love that song! I'm reading this at my desk just before I start work and very nearly started singing along as I read the words :oops:

ISM, reading your post was like reading something my mum had written, she knew all the words too because me and my sister used to play the same songs over and over and over lol and your boy should go, there were a fair few lads at the concert - though some did look like thay had been dragged their by their other halves lol.

I'm not feeling too bad pain wise at the minute, was able to come back to work yesterday, I've just been taking it very easy and had a good rest and lots of :sleep: on my day off Monday with the doglet.

You are all right though, sometimes it is worth the pain to have a moment of being "normal" My mum kept checking on me and asking if I wanted to sit, and though at times my legs felt like they were going to buckle I wanted to dance and sing so I did and I really did have a fab time. It was great to be transported back to my younger years, since turning 30 it feels like my life is taking a much more grown up route and it was great to have a night of cheesy songs, crazy dancing and singing very out of tune lol.

Oh and Fluppy I expect to see you on the next series of X Factor, your singing was wonderful lol ;-)

I'm glad I was able to make you all smile with my story, sometimes FM can kind of take over our every move, conversation and desicion and sometimes we just need to tell it where to go :shooting:

My sister took some fab pictures so will post some on here when she sends them to me (the Five ones just for Flups)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 15, 2013 10:41 am

They were on breakfast TV with Lorraine this morning and played at the end of the show with a real and proper singing version of Keep On Movin' :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: So I got to have a bit of an impromptu singalong with them :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Voices not so great at that time in the morning, but the song is still incredibly infectious :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby moomoos » Thu May 16, 2013 2:01 am

Great post LouLou. So glad you had such a great time, you deserve it. Sounds like great fun :-D :-D :-D xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun