[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Just wanted to say, my cup feels half full today, how full i

Just wanted to say, my cup feels half full today, how full i

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just wanted to say, my cup feels half full today, how full i

Postby Lizzyear » Sun May 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Hi friends, :wave:
I just wanted to tell you about my day, as I feel I have taken a good step forward, ( meterphorically speaking!).
In my head, I think I can do all the things I used to, and have not really come to terms with my capabilities to date. My younger daughter took me out on Wednesday shopping, well I could do no more than walk in one shop, then sit down as I felt so ill! My family say I go grey when like this! After only 3 shops we had to come home, thank god for lovely caring daughters!! So when my other daughter came up at the weekend and suggested we go shopping, I told her about my earlier trip. She then went and organised a scooter through the towns mobility, and said to me give it a go. (I have just got a scooter for going round the village, but have had such a bad flare up, only used it once and it doesn't collapse, and keep thinking I can do more than I actually can!).
Well, I have had a super day, gone round loads of shops and not been in agony.................why oh why did I not do this erlier? Well, I suppose I can answer that myself, it truly does take time to come to terms with this condition, and I think deep down, I kept thinking if I don't acknowledge fibro.........it might go away?!
I was on such a high, that we then messaged the rest of the family to meet in the local pub garden with a ball, so picked my grandson Up( he's only 4), he came on my scooter and we had races to get to the pub first! Oh what a brilliant sight, what a laugh.........in the end everyone wanted my scooter!! Sunshine, family and laughter! I'm truly blessed! :mrgreen:
But today has done me the world of good, lifted my spirits no end!! So feel very happy to have had such a lovely day out. I feel very blessed to have two such lovely caring daughters, who even though they are in their twenties, with busy lives and families, still come and lift their old mums spirits. Today I am counting my positive blessings and though I am starting the 'payback' pain for a busy day..........IT WAS SO WORTH IT!! I'm now lying in bed, reliving my lovely day with a big contented smile on my face!!
Just thought you might like to hear about a positive day, rather than me ranting!!
Hopefully the vision of a mad woman and grandson racing grown men, will make you guys smile too!!
Big gentle hugs to all and hope you managed to get a few sun rays and warmth to help those bones and muscles too.
Lizzyear
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Re: Just wanted to say, my cup feels half full today, how fu

Postby Foz » Sun May 26, 2013 10:48 pm

:crazy:
Foz
UKFM Member

Postby Bev2210 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:10 pm

glad you had a great day.......I was diagnosed nearly 20 years ago it's not an easy thing to deal with coz you can't really plan things so enjoy the good times when you get the chance :-D
Bev2210
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Mon May 27, 2013 1:40 am

Lizz.......You have it! What a wonderful productive day you had with your family.

When I first got this years ago, I belonged to a group that was very depressing. I had to leave.

As hard as it may seem some days we have to concentrate on the I can instead of the I can't.

I heard from a Dr once that they get frustrated with patients who are stuck in the I can't mode. I also heard that when people are applying for benefits some keep mentioning the I can't do this or that and they tend to be denied or disbelieved. If they also mentioned that they could still do things but differently with extra effort, they seemed to be heard as being more honest and realistic.

It is all about attitude. Our attitude on our ability, along with our disabilities, makes a big difference in our mental health .

Keep enjoying those days out, enjoy every moment.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby moomoos » Mon May 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Thats such a nice post xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 27, 2013 2:02 pm

I've moved you into here Lizzy as your topic has got such a lovely vibe to it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: I hope it's the start of you being able to enjoy a lot more days that make you feel just as :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Lizzyear » Mon May 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Couldn't see my post...........still not sure where it has been moved too.
Just wanted to share happy feelings too!!
It's so easy just to focus on the hard and painful, thought we could all do hearing some light relief!!
Keep smiling.
Lizzyear
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 27, 2013 4:59 pm

This part of the forum is for things that have made us feel :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: or made us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and generally added to the feel~good bits that we can miss out on, and what you had said about your day just seemed right for going in here :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon May 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Liz thank you so much for your post . From other post I have made recently you will see I am facing the demon of will I /Won't I go down the scooter route.

My head knows it is the answer but I still have this stupid fear that if I get a scooter I'm acknowledging that this horrid illness is real and affects me more than I can cope with .

Your post has given me such a positive vibe and shown me the benefits of actually confronting my fears and going for it .

Thanks its lovely to hear nice stories for a change. :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Lizzyear » Mon May 27, 2013 11:55 pm

Thank you for your lovely post/response from my post. :flowers:
I too have struggled and that is why I thought I would share my day and feelings. Because of the success of yesterday. I went out on my scooter again today. :clap: My elder daughter and I took my grandson to a park and big field. I watched whilst they went on the swings. When they played football, can you believe it, I was golly!! What a sight! My scooter's chair swivels round , so with me sideways on, on the scooter, I used my stick to deflect the ball, and I succeeded on several attempts, :bear-dancing: bearing in mind my grandson was four!. They had the rug on the ground for the picnic and again my swivel chair was good as I felt I was right in there on the picnic. After, we made our journey home, with my grandson standing on my scooter with him between my legs. He loved it!! Pointing out all the bumps to avoid, and when to go faster!! I think he has found he rather likes sitting or standing with me on my scooter. He sang songs all the way home, telling me to go faster and chasing away from the rain clouds, my poor daughter running behind with picnic trolley in tow!!
I have said, this condition will not stop me doing most things, I will just have to do them differently!! I have laughed and cherished another lovely day, doing things differently, but still having great fun!! This is just what the doctor ordered after 8 weeks of the most horrendous flare, i started to come out of it last weekend, so life feels good and I am just savouring every good day to put in my memory bank, when the next flare up happens!!
Getting my scooter has seriously changed my life! I walk around at home and in the garden to stop muscle wastage, but I would say, I know it's hard to take that leap, but it's not about being weak, to me I see it as a strength to take a bit of control back from fibro and it debilitating pain and fatigue, and to get on and live life as full as you can!
I hope you have enjoyed reading about my events today. Good luck with your descion making.
Lizzy
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Thu May 30, 2013 10:05 am

Lizz

I am so so happy that you had such a great day. Like you my brain often conflicts with my body and tells me I can do all things when in fact I can't lol.

It seems to be such a hard decision to make regarding using mobility scooters, I've seen a few ladies on here who have had doubts and worries but it sounds like it has given you a brand new lease of life. You can get around and do things without wearing yourself out and that is so fantastic that you have found something that works for you.

It did make me smile picturing you and your grandson racing like a Formula One Driver to the pub lol. I hope you have many many many more great days out with the family (and sometimes the payback pain is totally worth it when you have had such a good time)

Take care and keep us posted on your great experiences
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby pkd1272 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Thank you for sharing such a lovely cheerful post with everyone. Made me smiling reading it. A good day can make so much difference and keep you smiling for a long time.
My husband and I are in debate over a scooter V wheelchair. I was in a wheelchair previously for 3 months so would prefer to have a wheelchair again. One of my sons friends works in a bike shop and has asked can he do bespoke wheels for me to which I happily said yes!! My husband thinks a scooter will give me more freedom as I wont need to be pushed.

I hope you continue to have fun days out with your family & look forward to hearing about them :-P :-D :-D :-D :-D

xxx
pkd1272
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun