[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Writing a story?

Writing a story?

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Writing a story?

Postby whoami » Tue May 28, 2013 9:07 am

I belonged to a group years ago and I suggested we write a story together. It was so much fun it went on for over a year.

If interested this is how it would work. I will start with a sentence or two. Then people just keep adding to the story, a few lines or words at a time. No worries about spelling or grammar. It is amazing how a story can unfold. If nobody is interested thats ok. It is just another way of keeping our mind active. Here goes.........

The sound of the sea pounding on the rocks has always brought Gillian into reality from her dreams. The sea is one of the reasons she will never leave Bramblewick Cottage. The cottage sits, almost hanging, from the cliffs in the tiny inlet north of Whitby. There is one other reason she woke so abruptly this morning................
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: Writing a story?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 28, 2013 10:23 am

We've had a variation on this idea running before, 5 Word Story, which was what it's title said, the next part of the story had to be written in 5 words :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: This went off on all sorts of tangents and :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: so I hope you're as prepared as possible for where this adventure could take us :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

.....today was her day of reckoning :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Today she was being forced to enter the Dragons Den and face her most dreaded fears and nightmares.....

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Tue May 28, 2013 11:49 am

She still hadn't made her final desicion, still hadn't decided on which path to take and was fully aware of the consequences of either path she chose to follow.

Love this whoami
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby moomoos » Tue May 28, 2013 1:59 pm

She looked at her alarm clock....5:28am it told her. She could already tell it was far too early to get up out of bed by the grey light coming in through her curtains. It cast an almost eerie light across her bedroom.
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue May 28, 2013 4:29 pm

.....As Gillian lay in bed she remembered how her Gran had loved this place. She pulled the eiderdown up to her shoulders and wondered why? Why now? The chance had been there, two years before. Why now did........
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Tue May 28, 2013 5:50 pm

her greedy sefish brother want to poke his nose in he was the one who talked me into putting her in the home and could have sold it then but she would fight to keep this place in the family
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby moomoos » Wed May 29, 2013 3:12 am

..............if it was the last thing she did. There was just one person who could help her but he had run off to Dorset with the beautiful Miriam whom he had met on his travels in France six months ago. His wife blames me of course as I was the one to suggest he take time to travel to research his idea of taking over a vineyard. If only I could get her to give me a contact telephone number for him...............
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed May 29, 2013 10:16 am

I could explain why I did what I did all those years ago, why I had to give up my one chance for a happy ending, for true love and eternal happiness.........
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Wed May 29, 2013 11:30 am

Suddenly the sound of the kitchen door opening brought her attention to now, reallity. It was old Mr & Mrs Shoebottom bringing her the eggs and milk they have faithfully brought to the cottage for over 30 years. There was no need to knock, they had been given a key way back when they started delivering to Gran.

They, were always such a happy couple, he enjoying the drive across the moors delivering in his 1942 car, a car that looked as good as the day he bought it with the money that had been allotted for the perfect honeymoon that never came to be, Betsy he called her. Mrs Shoebottom, she enjoyed the odd cuppa and bit of a natter she would receive along the journey. She was more up to news in the area than the Echo. Today however, there were no smiling faces looking at Gillian. Today they looked at her with eyes desperately looking every which way. Mr Shoebottom spoke.............

( sorry, got a bit involved in the story, LOL)
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Gillian, Gillian??? I know it's early, but I have something that you need to know about urgently. I have news about what is happening in Dorset, and it could have a huge effect on what happens to you.....

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Wed May 29, 2013 1:44 pm

"You need to call Miriam urgently, something has happened, all I could make out on the phone through her tears was she needed to speak to you but didn't have your number. I told her you disconnected the landline years ago because of nuisance phone calls and that I'd get you to call her straight way. It doesn't sound good Gillian..........oh my" tears escaped from from Mr Shoebottoms friendly face and he made eye contact with Gillian.

She had always thought he had such a friendly face, a kind smile which hid the sadness in his eyes. Gillian had grown to love the Shoebottoms like they were her own family, and they practically were.

Her heart was pounding through her thin cotton nightdress and and her breathing had become shallow. Her mind worked a thousand miles an hour.............
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby moomoos » Wed May 29, 2013 1:58 pm

....................What could the beautiful Miriam have to say to her? Please dont tell me something has happened to the one and only person who could help her now.

Old Mr Shoebottom (lol, where did you get that name from) held out a folded piece of paper with a trembling hand. Gillian tentatively took it and picked up the phone. She dialled the number and...................................
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 29, 2013 2:02 pm

.....each number she touched on the screen of her phone seemed to take an eternity to beep and register. She waitied as her call was connected. There were a couple of muffled rings, then a very distressed sounding voice answered.....

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Wed May 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Hello!..... Gillian?.. Gillian replied saying how the Shoebottoms had given her the message.

Oh Gillian, it has happened, you must understand, you know they will be after you next. Gillian's mind went blank. Gillian, Gillian! Are you listening. The voice brought her back. She disliked that high pitched voice Miriam has. They will find you Gillian. They know how close you were and now they know you will have what they want. Mirriam's irritating voice was sounding seriously alarming. What was it she had? Gillian had no clue but knew from "his" past that she was in terrible danger. What now? Where does she go? More importantly, who could she trust...............

( The Shoebottom name...I always remember a teacher I had telling a very hard to handle student, that he was going to " start a shoe factory up his bottom" if he didn't start listening, LOL)
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 29, 2013 2:49 pm

.....Then the line went dead, Miriam has hung up on her. She looked at Mr Shoebottom, wondering if even he could be one of "them". She then shook her head, trying to dislodge such a ridiculous idea from her mind. Apart from the Shoebottoms, no~one else knew all the details of what had happened all those years ago, did they????.....

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Next

Return to Positive and Fun