[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - What a lovely suprise!

What a lovely suprise!

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What a lovely suprise!

Postby LouLou » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:14 am

Hi all

As many of you know I'm getting married in August in Zante and my OH is organising the whole thing. Think along the lines of that programme "Don't tell the bride" except I sorted my own dress and my bridesmaids dresses lol.

Anyway, on Friday my mum and sister said they wanted to take me out for a girly meal just the three of us. So I dusted off my nice new summer maxi dress, got dressed up and ready for a lovely girly meal. Or so I thought lol. We arrived at a Buffet style restaurant and there were loads of people from my workplace plus some family members there for my suprise untraditional "hen night" lol. I was so suprised I think I was actually speechless!!

Me and my Oh aren't really into the whole clubbing drinking thing and had agreed to not have the traditional stang and hen do's, especially as our wedding is not very traditional at all. But sitting down for a lovely meal with people I work with and family it was just the sort of thing I love. I even got a bit tipsy on one glass of Rose lol.

I was presented with lots of presents of my mum and sister including a "Bride To Be" bikini, "Just Married" flip flops, a bride and groom rubber ducky set (the reason for those was because I love my baths lol) and so many other lovely things. My sister had printed off some lovely card invites for people with some pictures of me on there lol :oops: and she'd made a lovely little notebook (also covered with some rather embarrassing pictures of me lol) for people to write messages in.

I have never laughed so much in a long long time and even though the pain was ever present I told it to "do one" for the night lol. I didn't get home till 1am which is unheard of for me lol. I barely slept that night because of the pain and the levels got worse and worse until by morning I was in tears because of it. But when those tears threatened to spill I just remembered the memories from the night before and it was so worth it.

I feel so lucky and blessed to have such lovely people around me, though not sure if I should be impressed with how good they are at keeping secrets from me or not lol.

I just want to get married now lol
xxx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Re: What a lovely suprise!

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:22 am

That is such a lovely story has really cheered up a rather bleak Monday morning. So glad you enjoyed it even if you got tipsy and had a late night we all need to let our hair down now and again . If you had been totally 100 % sure there would have been more drink taken and a bigger hangover !

Take care
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:53 pm

LouLou.....It is nice to hear that you told fibro to back off for the evening. It is hard but well worth it at times.
Bless your mum and sister for the lovely surprise and fun gifts.
Just think how much fun the wedding will be.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

What a lovely suprise!

Postby moomoos » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Lovely story :) your family are so lovely, so glad you have them to look after you and give you surprises like this xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:57 pm

hi, loulou,

its because you are so nice and caring that you are surounded with nice people,

you deserved a good time and sometimes the extra pain is so worthwhile,

rest and relax and regain some energy,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:07 pm

What a wonderful evening for you Lou :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Everyone did brilliantly not to let anything slip and spoil the surprise :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Sometimes a glass of :wine: and plenty of :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: with those who mean something special to you can make you feel so much more :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: than any of the pills and potions we pop :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

How many weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds are left on the countdown to the weddedness now????

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:22 am

Aww thanks guys for the lovely responses.

I'm not sure of the exact dates for the weddedness yet as it's still all a suprise. I will find out when we fly out the week before we go, all I know is it's in August. I had to put my foot down and insist I knew the week before about when we fly as I am a true girly girl and there are things I ned to sort and get before we go lol. As for the actual wedding day my OH wants to keep that quiet until the night before. He said he has planned the times so we are getting married in the late afternoon - he said it gives me plenty of time to rest in the morning and get pampered!!

I have to say that the day after my suprise I was in absolute agony but when I felt myself feeling down about it I just thought of all the laughs I had and how much effort people had made and it did make it all worth while. My mum gave me a massage that afternoon so I felt better afterwards and now I feel slightly more human lol.

I often find that it can feel like FM take sover huge chunks of my life and influences my actions and what I do and sometimes I think it can do us a world of good to just get out there and have a bit of fun. As Fluppy said it can work much better than all the pills in the world and I have to say that the only time I struggled that night was around 11.30pm when I suddenly felt really really tired. I was far too busy laughing away to feel anything else before that lol.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Positive and Fun