[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Amazing experience....& I was only the spectator!

Amazing experience....& I was only the spectator!

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Amazing experience....& I was only the spectator!

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Was up at the scrake of dawn again this morning, as we all had an early start. it was finally the day of my DD parachute jump!

This had all started a year ago when she came home from school and asked if she could take part in a sponsered tandum sky dive (nothing to do with the school I might add) .

A group of friends in her year group (Y11) had decided to raise money for Adoption UK, a national charity providing self-help on all aspects of adoption . It seems it had been there to help one of the girls families when she and her siblings had been adopted and she wanted to give something back

At first there was a general yes please from about 8 of them , then sanity , normal mothers and the fear of fundraising all got in the way , until it was only DD & BF left.

So this was how I got myself this morning in a field watching a little black dot circling higher & higher into the air, then there was the holding my breath as I watch smaller little black dot emerge from the moving dot. These little dots seemed to rush towards the earth and then suddenly there was a flurry of colour and a large orange and purple banner glistened in the the pale blue sky ...visible for miles around. Then another this time blue & yellow and then another this time with a rainbow of colours .
We all watched fastenated with our heads back as far as they could go, as the banners moved and circled above us , until as they got close the dots became a blob, then people, until eventually I could make out my DD. I watch amazed at how beautiful it seemed and then it struck me ....how were they going to land , would they just smash into the ground ?
No again my fears were "groundless" :lol: as the expert to whom my daughter was strapped pulled a few "Strings" :lol: :lol: and they came down with less force than jumping off a kitchen stool.

I was totally transformed by the whole experience, the professionalism of the tutors , the reasuring smiles & comments of the non jumping members of the club as they gave both DD , BF & panicy parents encouragement and the thrill on DD face as she came rushing towards us after the event. She even forgot herself and gave me a hug ...most unlike her.

She says she wants to do it again as it was awesome ....not sure my BP tabs could cope with another one but really proud of both her & the BF for thier hard work over the winter raising the money and sticking with it....they both had to be 16 do do it and BF only turned this a few weeks ago
Who says all teens are :alien: :alien: :alien: ....... well most of the time I do...... but occasionally they come good.!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Re: Amazing experience....& I was only the spectator!

Postby whoami » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:36 am

You should be one proud mamma! Next time do it with her! We
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:34 am

I'm Very proud momma Whoami lol I think the two of them are wonderful for keeping on top of the idea , doing the fundraising while studying for GCSE's and then completing the jump no problem.
As for me , you got more chance me flying to the moon than doing the parachute jump
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:33 am

Hi ISME

Wow what an absoloutly amazing experience for both you and your daughter, no wonder you are so proud, its not something to be taken lightly. I have always wanted to do this but the closest i got was parascending on the beach in my teens when i was a venture scout (girl guides was not for me lol) but i enjoyed every minute and the thrill when you are high up just cant be described, but i remember the experience to this day as clearly as though it was only yesterday. This is something that your daughter will never forget. A big :welldone: !!!

Milly :welldone: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :welldone:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:21 am

hi ISM, that sounds nerve racking for you but understand how proud you must feel,

and i agree that most of the time we want to strangle them and then they remind us why we love them with all our hearts,

hope all that looking up isnt giving you a problem today,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Tally1068 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:54 am

:-D How wonderful. Iceskatemum you must be one really proud parent. What an experience! Watch out, she'll be bungee jumping and into extreme sports soon. Once they catch the adrenaline bug that's it :lol:
It's been a dream of mine for about 40 years to parachute jump. Sadly I know I'll never do it now, but I'm always in awe of those who do. :clap: :clap:
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:34 pm

What an amazing thing to see your DD and BF do ISM :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: And many many :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: to them both for managing to see it thru to it's safe landing :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It sounds like one of those goose~bumpy moments that will stay with you for ever and a day, esp with that hug from DD :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I know we describe them as :yikes: :yikes: :alien: :alien: teenagers and often have our moans about how angsty their attitudes can be, but sometimes those little glimpses of what they can be like just blow us away :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Amazing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: they do us proud sometimes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Positive and Fun