Books

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Books

Postby LouLou » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi Lisa

Reading is my absolute passion. When FM started to invade my life I started to find it really difficult to hold my books to read as my wrists were wuite bad with pain. I kept dropping them and couldn't prop them up etc. It got me so down that I was struggling todo my favourite hobbie but then my OH got me a kindle and it is my new best friend!

I love reading and I am so easily absorbed into the world of the writer and characters. I find it's my way to escape for an hour or two and I also find that reading in bed helps me drift off quite easily too.

I love reading pretty much anything and I have all sorts ranging from chick lit (fave authors are Sophie Kinsella/Jane Green/Dorothy Koomson/Tricia Ashley) to autobiographies of celebs and all sorts of others.

I hope that helps a bit Lisa, my other best friend is Amazon and if I'm looking for a new read I tend to just type in there and it finds me books in that category. Once you've been on Amazona few times it starts to pick up on the kind of things you're looking for and will make recommendations for what to try next.

Happy reading!
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:00 pm

hi Lisa,

just posted something
check it by searching "left behind", Christian fiction of it's best

two other fab books a friend passed on to me i couldn't put down are:
- Sophie Hannah: little face isbn 987 0 340 84032 0
- Sebastian Barry: the secret scripture isbn, strangely enough there is non in the book

both go deep into the person's psyche, it is fiction but def gets rid of the cobwebs of the readers brain
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:36 pm

hi Lisa

just finished another great book

Freaks, Geeks & Asperger Syndrome, a user guide to adolescence by Luke Jackson
ISBN 978 1 85302 749 9

Luke is 13 has 3 bro and 3 sis with different syndromes, he himself has AS
the story is eye opening and the way he writes is well beyond his age

was very hard to put it down ...
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Ann-Marie72 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Books are my passion, I love trawling charity shops for them so I've always got a stash for when I'm stuck indoors. I try to avoid anything that would upset me though (never could read the last chapte) of Marley and Me :oops:
A lovely midwifery book I read was Twelve Babies on a Bike, Dot May Dunn. Some great giggles in it!
My lovely boss often gives me Jackie Collins books but they're really not my cup of tea...planning to tell her the print's too small!
Ann-Marie72
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:50 pm

I learned to read age 4 and have been obsessed with books ever since. I'd be lost without my kindle! Too many authors to list but my very fave one is val mcdermid. 8-)
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm not a big book reader but I enjoyed the Fifty Shades trilogy :lol: :lol: :lol: I also read spiritually related books. I have read a few Kathy Glass books but I stopped reading them as I hated the content. It got to me more and more and made me quite upset and depressed! Horrible situations really :(
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun