[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I HAVE A DATE

I HAVE A DATE

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I HAVE A DATE

Postby felinefine » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:55 pm

I mentioned in my sad, lonely and scared post earlier today that I was unsure about meeting this guy I've been chatting too.

Well..........we are meeting on Sunday evening waaaaahhhh. Wish me luck, and that my body behaves

xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Re: I HAVE A DATE

Postby libcal » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:07 am

Hi hun wishing you luck .. Hope you have a really good time.. keep me updated xx
:-)
libcal
UKFM Newbie

Postby felinefine » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:10 am

Thank you :-D :-) :-D
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:59 am

Have a great time. Relax, enjoy yourself and try to forget fibro, LOL. Have fun!.Lorraine x
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:12 am

Hope you have a great time :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fruitcake » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:14 am

You don't need luck Hun, just be yourself and enjoy your date, if the guy is a gentleman he will see past the body and see the true beauty of the person you are, have a long warm bath and pamper yourself and your find you feel much better before you go out, have a fun time Hun, xxxxx
fruitcake
UKFM Newbie

Postby felinefine » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:07 am

Thank you all :) He knows I had a stroke in July so that is out of the way. He seems a genuine chappie so we'll see. Watch this space :crazy:
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Really hoping you'll have a nice time with him when you meet up :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby felinefine » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:28 am

Today is the day! It's been such a long while since I had this sort of date. What to wear, what to say.....

I've put on a stone since being off work, I feel like I look tired all the time, we are not meeting until 7:30 tonight, I might start a make over now......... :roll:

Thank you for you good luck messages xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Felinefine, it is nice to hear some humour from you. I am sure you will look just gorgeous. Keep up the positive attitude you have right now and things will be just fine. Waiting for the whole story of your date :wave:
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: I HAD A DATE

Postby felinefine » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:19 am

well.....

When we first met he said, oh your dark, he thought he was meeting a blonde...ha ha he had got my picture mixed up with another woman's on the dating site, he thought I had changed my hair colour, I said do you like blondes then.. he said no its what the persons like that's important. score 1 point :)

We chatted a fair bit and he asked about my stroke and what did I think caused it, I said no idea, but saw this as an opening to tell him about the FM, he'd never heard of it. I gave him a blanket explanation, didn't go into great detail but he didn't run off and didn't seem fazed. scored another point.

Before he left he used the gents, and made reference that I hadn't had the need to go.....rather bizarre, I said rather impressive huh? then said I have a catheter fitted as a joke :oops: he didn't bat an eyelid just said oh ok... I said I was only kidding!! may take him a while to understand my weird humour..

He was a nice guy, felt he was genuine and when I got home he sent a txt to say I was a lovely person and good company. wants to meet again, I'm not sure where this will go or if it will be romance but I will meet him again :-)
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:26 am

Wonderful! I have been checking by the 1/2 hour for your post. Then I had to take in the time change for here and thought oh well, you have gone off to bed.

He must have wondered about you maybe having a catheter to have asked about your need or lack of need for the bathroom.

It sounds promising. Now, I know you like his personality but...I am a woman remember, what does he look like, LOL
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:37 am

OH wow, big step and you took it ...good for you , so glad you had a good evening out. He sounds a really nice guy and for a first date he seemed to tick all the right boxes and no wrong ones , it all sounds very promising . Hope the next date goes as well , as Whomi says don't forget to keep us up to Date :lol:

Good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:01 pm

glad all went well and you had a good time together
with the mixed up picture, is he meeting others too?
when you will meet again make sure that you will still meet in safe places
:welldone:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:56 pm

As fibro-lu suggested...make sure you are in a public place when you meet him.

Sadly there are some people who take advantage of others. Having a disability and in need of assistance through a chair makes a person a little more vulnerable. I am not saying that those of us with a disability are not capable of making smart decisions , rather the perpetrator looks for the person with a weak spot and uses that to his advantage.

Felinefine....enough of the downside of dating. I hope this next "date" is a happy one for you. Now you have made the move to date, you never know what or who the future holds. They will be lining up at your door for a date now that you are interested. Have fun
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Positive and Fun