[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I HAVE A DATE

I HAVE A DATE

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: I HAVE A DATE

Postby felinefine » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:14 pm

felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Total sense! Wow! you really are taking this all so.....I don't know the word I want .

This is where you will see how real he is. I didn't say serious as it is too soon for that. If he is still wanting to see you after you declined a night out then that would be a good check mark. Some mens ego would get in the way, you know the ones. They never get turned down, LOL

I really hope you find someone, be it this man or another. x
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby felinefine » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Truth be known I am really scared, I've been on my own a while other than a period of seeing someone who made arrangements then broke them, expected me to be at his beck and call, and even used me when I was in hospital to get at another woman he was seeing, made her jealous by telling her he had visited me. He used us both, we both found this out and are now good friends....weird but true :shock:

I need time to know this is right for me, if this new chap is happy with my tentative steps then he may be the right one, I'm beginning to feel sorry for him :roll:

xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby felinefine » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:41 pm

UPDATE:

Well I think he was disappointed I did not call him to meet on NYE, we did txt each other near midnight. I have called and spoken to him today to say about meeting again, he said he is busy working on his house the weekend so I said about perhaps popping over there Saturday. He said about going out next week when he has finished installing central heating, who said romance is dead hee hee.

He had not heard of FMS I did explain a bit today about being in pain and my situ with work, can't help thinking I might have put him off slightly. But am going to go with the flow and see what happens still

x
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:56 am

Life can sometimes get in the way of doing fun stuff and in Mr Dates defence given the weather we are having getting the central heating fixed is sorta a priority and something that would have been planned for a while .....so I wouldn't read anything into his asking for a "rain check" .

To the unfamiliar with modern dating ie me, it still seems as if he is still interested ( plus it will give him time to go and google FMS and see what it means :lol: ) So I think you are right to go with the flow .....as my auld gran use to say "if its not agin ya it for ya" ....which rough translated means if things are meant to be then they'll work out .

I hope things do work out the way you might wish them too , remember its still early days, so take care and most of all have fun :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:21 am

.... At least you know he can fix things, LOL.

You are right to not get your hopes up though, you never know. It seems though a few of your concerns may not have been an issue.

Being the mother hen here now but would you please let someone know exactly where he lives etc when you go to his house!

Keep us informed, Lorraine
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:47 pm

safety first
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby felinefine » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:17 am

Hi my lovelies

I saw chappie again last night, he txt me and asked what I was up to, I was at my sisters, been caught in the rain, no make up on and been crying about work, they have sent a letter to say I owe them over a grand as I should have been on half pay since Nov' but mt manager hadn't informed pay roll. They want their money back!

Any way back to Barry.....we met for a quick drink and was together for 5 and half hours hee hee, ended up going for a meal. Was really keen to hear more about what FMS was about and was really understanding and about work too. He was a true gent, when we left he told me to txt when I got home and when he didn't see me follow him ( I took the wrong road ) he came back to try and find me. He called me when I was home to tell me. Later he txt me and said how did I feel about perhaps becoming a couple. I've said about taking things so, I've been single for a long time and want to know its right for both of us.

xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:01 am

Oh how nice that there was some enjoyment after your news from work. Things will work out. If in fact you owe money then since it was their mistake then they can either eat some of it and let you pay back slowly.

Now to this man, Barry. I'll be the big sis here and tell you to yes take things slow. It seems a bit odd after 2 meetings he is suggesting you become a "couple". I am hoping he meant that ...like you were going steady, LOL now those words show my age.

Seriously though, don't rush things. Then here I am telling you that when my hubby and I went for coffee dates once a week for a couple of months, no kisses or holding hands. The day he kissed me we moved in together, married and that was 25 years ago, LOL

I am glad someone is making you smile . Lorraine x
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby felinefine » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:18 am

Awww bless you Lorraine, he has said quite a few times he misses the company of being with someone I do think he means 'going steady' he has been a gent so far. He did hold my hand when we crossed the road, that is something that I've not been used too, but it did feel good.

I have so much going on with work and health I am not going to rush things, I'll be a good girl hee hee

x
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:39 am

I hear a bit of naughtiness in that hee hee! :nono:

:hugs:
Lorraine
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:47 pm

please take your time

there is no need to give a name yet

meet up as two singles for some more time before "becoming a couple" ( this sounds a lot like sex to me)
and he is old enough to look after him so no need to for you to "want to know its right for both of us"

if he is genuine he won't mind
5 hours are a long time, did you also talk about him and his life, was the conversation balanced?

stay safe
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby felinefine » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:05 am

Hey Lu

You have spoken lots of sense, I am going to take my time and I think he will understand that. I had a card reading tonight and it was positive about him. I have had a few awful experiences that has made me really independent and wary, but not all men are the same are they :)

x
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:40 am

So I go away for a while and hey presto .Mr Date aka Barry is wining and dining you.
Lucky you but as the others have said stay safe . I get so protective of my fibro friends I wouldn't want you to rush things just cause he wants to be a couple especially since you say you've been hurt before.
I really do hope that things work out what ever way you wish and if not then you have both had some nice company and time enjoying yourselves.

Have fun
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby felinefine » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:27 am

Ha Ha not sure about the wining and dining, it was a pub meal in a wetherspoons and a J2o, but you are right its the company and having some fun times that is important.

Good day everyone :-o
felinefine
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Positive and Fun