[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Help me name our puppy

Help me name our puppy

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help me name our puppy

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Something cheerful now.i was going to call our border collie Murphy but I've gone off that abit he a male tri coler the only other one I like so far is ben. Any names u think would be nice let me no.we get him I. A week
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Help me name our puppy

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:57 pm

I've put you into here PP with this being one of those :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: type subjects :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Murphy and Ben are a couple of those good, longstanding doglet names that are timeless, never seeming to date. I'm actually struggling to come up with some ideas, unless you want a girlie name for him :oops: :oops: :oops:

Rather than deciding before puplet comes home, I know of a few people who have made a list of names, but waited until puplet is home with them to give them a bit of an idea about character, then made a decision based on what seems to suit the puplet best.

We took DeeDee for hydrotherapy last week, and the names of the doglets due in for that day are put up on a board. The one that jumped out at me was one that made me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It was a boy due in called BooBoo :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Is there a show or film or something that has a character or actor in it that you like that to watch that might have a name suitable for puplet??? In the USA, NCIS is very widely watched, and to pay homage to it, and it's central character, there are many, many furryends who have been called "Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs" or Gibbs for short.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:45 pm

My fav boy name is ...Seth

The name has to suit the breed as well as his personality I think.

I like Bentley, but that to me seems to shout, old English Bulldog

Another is Noah. I thought that rather sounds like the name of a dog who would herd sheep. In a flock though, not two by two, LOL
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Ok Fluppy how much is my mother paying u . She's nuts on Gibbs. I do like Noah .hmmmm
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:23 pm

My first dog was called Ben! But I've had an Oggy, a Sabre and now a Lukey Lou. When we took Ben to training classes there were 4 other dogs called Ben!

hope you have loads of fun with your puppy!
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:05 pm

I like Noah too!! Not had any payment from your mum about Gibbs, but I do have a bit of an NCIS thing going on ;-)

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby momsy05 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Deefer...............D for dog!!!!
momsy05
UKFM Member

Postby Andyp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:26 pm

What about Marley?
Andyp
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:39 pm

We did think about Marley funny enough. But we're going for deisal. Or delboy. Have to wait till Sunday now to see what suits him.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:34 am

The couple next door have a black lab named ....Diesel, like the fuel. He is a truck driver, LOL
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Positive and Fun