[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Puppy is home

Puppy is home

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Puppy is home

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:28 pm

So we did 150miles today and our fur baby is home. We are calling him jake.bless him he peed in the puppy mat. But crys like a baby when left for a minute hehe. Yes I'm mad a puppy and a nearly two year old but if they don't keep me mobile nothing will
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (264.33 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Puppy is home

Postby whoami » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:36 pm

He is so cute, enjoy!!!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:20 pm

Aww gorgous pup :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Bless him, he's so sweet :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Puppy~broodiness under control......well at least for 30 seconds :dogrun1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:37 pm

He's gorgeous PP and Jake is a good name :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Thank you. Well I been busy lol .if I'm not wiping up after puppy I'm wiping up after Lauren lol. But I don't have any carpet downstairs so really easy to clean up and bottle of dettol spray does the job lovely. I no it's safe for Lauren then . His been wormed and booked in for his jabs 22 nod this month now one thing I. Ask insurence,anyone no of a good but cheap one for dogs ?.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:35 pm

When it comes to insurance PP, pretty much all of them will offer a brilliantly~priced premium for the first year or 2, then the costs tend to start going up. The costs tend to rise based on the area you live, breed of dog you have, average cost of vets fees etc. And it makes very little/no difference if you do or don't make a claim. There's no discount/reduction in how much a policy premium can increase if you don't make a claim.

Looking at the reputation of the insurance company, with things like how quickly they tend to pay out, will they pay a vet directly (tests, x~rays, scans ops etc are costly and having an insurer who will pay a vet directly can help ease one little part of things), the sorts of things they try to avoid paying out for, if they will insure a dog for life, or will only accept them up to a certain age limit etc etc. A look on border collie forums, boards, rescues etc could help with finding out these things, as well as other info, like health problems that collies can experience.

You will also need to consider what type of policy you want. There tends to annual ones and lifetime ones. An annual policy will provide cover for a claim up the level stated in the policy for a period of 12 months, and then that is usually it, claims made for the same problem on the same area of the doglet again don't tend to be allowed.

With a lifetime policy, cover is provided up to the level stated for 12 months, then at the end of that 12 month period, the level is renewed so long as the policy is renewed and payments are up~to~date. This happens each year, which means the doglet's problem will be covered for however long you are insured with them. Price~wise, the annual policy does tend to have lower premium costs than a lifetime policy. Also the levels of cover can be lower with annual insurance compared to a lifetime one.

Should Jake develop a long~standing/lifelong health problem, if you swap insurers, altho he would be covered for any new problems that were to occur, it's highly unlikely that he would be covered under a new policy for a pre~existing condition.

PetPlan, M&S, NFU, John Lewis are reputed to be decent in the way they handle claims, but their premiums aren't necessarily the cheapest. We're with Argos, and apart from being a bit miffed at how much they bumped~up last years premium, when we've made a claim, they've been absolutely fine.

Have a good look around at the policies available, and try to think about what could happen in the future before deciding which one to go for rather than just jumping on the cheapest quote you see. Sometimes paying a little more per month turns out to be the better option in the long run :dogchasecat1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Tesco's i found cheep and very good. They paid up no problems a few times with the labrador i had.

I pay 7.99 a month for the basic insurance for my small dog now. This covers most things and up to a decent price.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Richard elder » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:10 pm

He is just adorable the 2 week's has past so quickly
Richard elder
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun