[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Got ourselves a doggy

Got ourselves a doggy

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Got ourselves a doggy

Postby nicola75 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:35 am

So after months of my youngest daughter asking, I finally gave in last week and got her a dog. I adore dogs but as I'm a single parent with a few other health issues aswell as fibro, I really wasn't sure it was the right thing to do or if I'd be able to cope.

Anyway I decided that I would adopt a dog that needed a good home and I'm so glad I did.....we got a lovely black staffie, her family couldn't keep her anymore because they hadn't the time for her. It's only been a few days but she has really settled in and we're all totally smitten with her.

She's such a lovely dog, has been very well looked after and she's so loving. She won't leave me alone though, follows me everywhere and sits on my knee everytime I sit down lol.

Really couldn't be happier :-D

Nic x
nicola75
UKFM Member

Re: Got ourselves a doggy

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 11, 2014 9:54 am

What a lovely thing to start the day off with :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There are many, many doglets who are looking for new fur~ever homes, and hearing when a waggy friend has found one always brings out :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Thanks to the damage done to the staffie's reputation as a breed by the muppets who want them as a tough, fighting and vicious dog, the rescues that I know of are struggling to find homes for them. People seem to forget that there are the nice and loving ones and walk straight past them, so it's always a bit more :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :-D :-D :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: when someone has seen what else there is beyond that unfair reputation. She sounds like a real velcro~dog, not wanting to leave your side.

I think scaly, feathery and furryends can bring an awful lot of pleasure and benefits to those that enjoy them, I know I certainly wouldn't want to be without my furbaby :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

There are a couple of pet~related topics running if you want to have a bit of a looky. is where huu~mons that are owned by furryends have posted piccie~graffs and a bit about what their furryends have come to mean to them. And is where our furryends can talk to each other about living with us huu~mons and the confusion and :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: that comes with having us to look after. It's been rather quiet on there for a while, but hopefully now that Mr Sunshine seems to be making a few more appearances with a hat or 2 on, things will become a little more active again :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Got ourselves a doggy

Postby nicola75 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:31 am

Thanks for the info Fluppy, I will go and have a look in a min.

She really is great, we're all so excited to have her. I wasn't put off at all by the reputation of a staff but can understand why some people are. I made sure I did my history before we got her.

Luckily the family that had her before have been great with her, they just didnt have the time for her anymore, they were very upset to let her go. She is really clever too, best thing I've done in a long time we're all really happy. :-D
nicola75
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun