Cardmaking CDS

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cardmaking CDS

Postby princess » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Ok folks so can you tell me which ones you have and if they are any good.
I have Joanna Sheen's one with the african theme its lovely very good pictures etc., and now i have two called Summer/spring - Autumn/Winder - very good too.
I was watching C&C channel 36 in bed this morning and saw Rob with his Teddy's cd it looks fantastic and i could easy use it, but oh well no money for it.
So fancy a chat about cards?
As you know i make cards for our hospice up here, always looking for ideas, so anyone with any cds they are finished with id be glad to buy them from you - same goes for any packs of decoupage etc., that you are finished with or just fed up with.
I had a few odds and ends and know a girl who is doing the same for Sick Kids, so i made a bundle and passed them on.
Well thats what life is about helping others eh - anyway it always comes back round someone will do you a good dead.
Making cards is better than looking at 4 walls all day
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: Cardmaking CDS

Postby Deegill » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:01 pm

I too make cards and jewellery. but lately have been so poorly ive been unable to :cry:

Im in remission with CFS, and ive been buying crafty stuff in, so, hopefully i will start again soon. I make some for the nuns near my mum, i dont sell them to them, im just happy doing it. As you say, better than staring at 4 walls!

Im going to have to make lots of thank you cards for next month and place setting cards, got a calligraphy set yesturday to play with - getting married next month. Didnt have time to make invites, but will do thank you's etc.

As for jewellery making, might have to give that up, my fingers swell and hurt to much after. :cry:
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Hi Dee

I made a necklace and braclet last week at my craft club - it was good but im not sure i want to do that all the time.
I make cards constantly for our local hospice, every day i do what i can.
Glad to meet another crafty girl.

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:18 pm

Before i suffered with this condition i use to spend all my spare time hand knitting and cross stitching and tapestry picture. I really miss knitting. My husband bought me about 10 years ago a knitting machine but its not the same and is now resigned to the loft. I loved knitting while watching tv. i had been knitting since i was 13 and did my first jumper when i was 14. i would love to be able to take it up again.

I then too took up card making while watching card making on qvc and create and craft. I have several cd's of Sharon Duncan. i do like cd's but you have to cut the images out and as most of my pain is in my right arm i am not always able to cut images out. i invested in a die cutting machine which is better for me but the dies are so expensive.

i have been trying to get this new channel 36 but i have films on my and when i try to reset it, it stays the same.
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun