[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pets

Pets

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Pets

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:01 am

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:47 pm

I had a budgie when I was little Lisa and I loved him his name was Bobby, was devastated when I lost him. He was blue and white and the neighbour buried him under their weeping willow and concreted him over so our cats wouldnt dig him up :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nutty, I hope you are feeling a little less raw, it takes time getting over the loss of a beloved pet sending gentle :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and to Lisa for missing her friends :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:45 pm

lisa,its hard but the only way is up .keep strong i know what you are going through ,but you will be stronger for it . :blowkiss: :flowers: :hugs: oh has deciced to go look at minature jr this afto .he thinks lucy needs a new pal :shock: he is a lovely looking pup but i said no pressure .lisa nearly forgot we had budgies and they can be affectionate our last one joey was a grey lace he used sit on the rim of our glasses and preen our eyebrows :lol: nibble our ears and give us kisses .cockatiels are comical too .also used to have a amazon but story for another day .try get one leaving nest and that has been handled .
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:17 pm

There's nothing wrong with looking nutty, but only get another doglet when the time is right for all of you :dogrun1: It's not long since bruno went to the bridge and you'll all need time to get over things.

Is OH after a puppy for a particular reason, such as training it for something?? I'm only wondering as there are some very special doglets in rescues waiting for suitably special forever homes for them to live in :grouphug: :grouphug:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby nutty1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:11 pm

:wave: he got pup ,hes so tiny and its cheered other animals up ,forgot what hard work they are .hes approx 9 inches tall at mo and shouldnt go higher than 15inch um will see .he wont replace my brown boy ,but i know he would of loved him with his fun ways .will put some pics up when i can fathom why comp suddenly wont take pics off disc :swear1: taken some on phone but need to sort phone out to download pics to comp :swear1: :facepalm: brain really frazzled at mo :crazy: :shock: :lol:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:14 pm

:roll: forgot flups we did look animal rescues near us but they were too old or behaviour probs that i know we couldnt have handled at mo .
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:15 pm

What have you called him Nut, hope he's helping you come to terms too :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:36 pm

aw new doggy, :D he will keep you busy nutty :lol:
put some pics on :D :D :D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Aaaww look forward to seeing the pics. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Duffinamdi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:19 am

Here are a couple of photo of Toffee.
This was taken this morning hanging out of her bed

so you can see her face

She is such good company and I can moan away to her and she gives me cuddles and kisses.
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Aaaww Toffee is cute. :blowkiss:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Lovely girl, so cute :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:57 pm

awrr,toffee is gorgeous does she slobber all over you :lol: :wave: hi petey good sign when the noisy lisa :lol: is he young one keep repeting his name hopefully he will say it :clap: .if he gets too noisy and you r ears need rest put towel or blanket over they then think its bedtime :crazy: we took pup to vet as something wasnt quite right and he informed us that where we got him wasnt good news .too much breeding and interbreeding and advised us to return him or contact animal rescue .we contacted the person involved who was rather rude and slammed phone down on me :swear1: so phoned vet and he has put pup with foster carer whilst the breeder is being investigated .needless say absolutely gutted and mortified .vet was so upset for us and said he would look for us and didnt charge for his check .but i said no .we didnt want anymore .
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Nutty, I'm so so sorry to hear about the little fella's health problems :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Sadly it's becoming more and more of a regular thing, poor breeding. From people who breed their dogs because they think the puppies will be as nice as their dogs are, to the intensive puppy farming, more and more of them are being born with health problems :( :( These people don't have all the relevant tests done to check that their animals are clear of known genetic problems as it costs them money, and if it were to show any potential health problems that would/could be passed on, it would be on their records, meaning that they would be liable for problems with litters.

With their reaction to you contacting them and letting them know about him, it would suggest, despite what they may have said, that they are not responsible breeders. If they were, they would have taken him back and made sure all others who had one of his littermates were told about the health problems, and advised of any signs to look out for in their puppy :cry: :cry:

We had a health problem with DeeDee due to poor breeding, she had a dislocating kneecap that was operated on to reposition and secure it, as well as having the bottom of her leg realigned. We also found out she had hip dysplacia. Altho we asked all the right sort of questions, her breeders didn't have the relevant checks made before they bred her litter, even tho they said they did :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:

Whatever happens to him, I hope he's not suffering too much, and if he has to go to The Bridge, at least he'll know he had some TLC in his short, little life :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Duffinamdi » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:12 am

This happen so much with Boxers, then the worst thing is they breed from the poor dogs for years then just chuck them out like rubbish :twisted: , there are always so many Boxers in rescue. So sad, Boxer are clowns and sooo lovable and loving.

Toffee dosen't slobber to bad, but if you are eating a yoghut the start drolling like a tap, because we always give her the pot to lick out :lol: She is also so funny with her dinner we give her raw chicken wings. Our clock in the kitchen speaks the time on the hour, Toff's always has her dinner at 4pm. and from the time she hears the clock say 3pm she sits by the fridge crying, because she knows that 3pm is before 4 pm but of course she has no idea how long an hour is :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Positive and Fun