[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pets

Pets

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Pets

Postby shazq » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Aaaww look forward to seeing the pics. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Duffinamdi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:19 am

Here are a couple of photo of Toffee.
This was taken this morning hanging out of her bed

so you can see her face

She is such good company and I can moan away to her and she gives me cuddles and kisses.
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Aaaww Toffee is cute. :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:52 pm

awwwwwwwwwww cootchy cootchy cooooo just wanna squidge that gorgous face :lol:

Got mi budgie!! :chicken-dance:

We now welcome *PETEY* to out mad family :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hes a blue one and is already chirping away... LOUDLY!!!! ahhhrrrrrrrrrrr *runs for ear plugs* :yikes:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Lovely girl, so cute :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:57 pm

awrr,toffee is gorgeous does she slobber all over you :lol: :wave: hi petey good sign when the noisy lisa :lol: is he young one keep repeting his name hopefully he will say it :clap: .if he gets too noisy and you r ears need rest put towel or blanket over they then think its bedtime :crazy: we took pup to vet as something wasnt quite right and he informed us that where we got him wasnt good news .too much breeding and interbreeding and advised us to return him or contact animal rescue .we contacted the person involved who was rather rude and slammed phone down on me :swear1: so phoned vet and he has put pup with foster carer whilst the breeder is being investigated .needless say absolutely gutted and mortified .vet was so upset for us and said he would look for us and didnt charge for his check .but i said no .we didnt want anymore .
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Nutty, I'm so so sorry to hear about the little fella's health problems :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Sadly it's becoming more and more of a regular thing, poor breeding. From people who breed their dogs because they think the puppies will be as nice as their dogs are, to the intensive puppy farming, more and more of them are being born with health problems :( :( These people don't have all the relevant tests done to check that their animals are clear of known genetic problems as it costs them money, and if it were to show any potential health problems that would/could be passed on, it would be on their records, meaning that they would be liable for problems with litters.

With their reaction to you contacting them and letting them know about him, it would suggest, despite what they may have said, that they are not responsible breeders. If they were, they would have taken him back and made sure all others who had one of his littermates were told about the health problems, and advised of any signs to look out for in their puppy :cry: :cry:

We had a health problem with DeeDee due to poor breeding, she had a dislocating kneecap that was operated on to reposition and secure it, as well as having the bottom of her leg realigned. We also found out she had hip dysplacia. Altho we asked all the right sort of questions, her breeders didn't have the relevant checks made before they bred her litter, even tho they said they did :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:

Whatever happens to him, I hope he's not suffering too much, and if he has to go to The Bridge, at least he'll know he had some TLC in his short, little life :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Duffinamdi » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:12 am

This happen so much with Boxers, then the worst thing is they breed from the poor dogs for years then just chuck them out like rubbish :twisted: , there are always so many Boxers in rescue. So sad, Boxer are clowns and sooo lovable and loving.

Toffee dosen't slobber to bad, but if you are eating a yoghut the start drolling like a tap, because we always give her the pot to lick out :lol: She is also so funny with her dinner we give her raw chicken wings. Our clock in the kitchen speaks the time on the hour, Toff's always has her dinner at 4pm. and from the time she hears the clock say 3pm she sits by the fridge crying, because she knows that 3pm is before 4 pm but of course she has no idea how long an hour is :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:21 am

Sorry to hear about the pup Nutty, :hugs: hope the breader gets shut down. :evil:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:26 am

aw toffee is yummy :D lisa move over i want a cuddle with toffee too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: love the clock thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nutty that is so sad :cry: i hope they get the book thrown at them :evil:
give yourselves some time and you may feel the need for another little one :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

lisa hope petey is behaving :lol: :lol: :lol:
my dad bred budgies when i was little, we had a shed full of lots of Joey's :lol: :lol: :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:33 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby collie55 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi all pet lovers :dogchasecat1: ...iam a dog lover have had dogs since leaving home when i married my ex many many years ago omg to many to think about :yikes:

Anyway i have a cocker span called Tia she is such a loving doggie she loves her cuddles when mummy can give her them also she loves chasing cats (sorry cat owners)...tho to be honest she only wants to play as she has never harmed any...well so far lol....will try put a pic on when i learn how to :crazy: .

how do they know when its time for dinner or breky they can't tell the time so how do they no :dunno: ???...when i get up in morning after about 10mins she goes in kitchen goes round & round starts crying so put her toast in then she is fine....same when 4.30pm comes she goes in kitchen sits there crying till i give her her dinner (but not toast again lol)....this site is brilliant nice to come on here & have a laugh specialiy when you've had a bad day :( ....... :wave:
collie55
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Love the sound of Tia, colleen :blowkiss: I think the thing about them knowing when things re going to happen are another of those mysteries that we will probably never find the answer to :facepalm: :facepalm: DeeDee, my doglet, thinks there is only one good use for kattfings, and that's as pudpud with kusted :dogchasecat1: Actually, if she went to chase one and it turned round and faced her, she'd run off in the opposite direction with the pud tat in hot pursuit :facepalm: :facepalm: :catrun1: :dogrun1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Amberwillow » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi everyone.. well it’s good to see so many animal lovers here.. furry family make the world a better place I think!

We have three rescue dogs, Amber and Willow came from a brilliant rescue centre in Wales. Amber had been in a puppy farm for a few years but was rejected for breeding as she’s a Dudley Labrador (means she has a pink nose, dark red fur and amber coloured eyes). She was horribly mauled in there and has half a left ear, a huge scar on her head which runs down to her collar. But, I’m not surprised, as she’s very submissive and very loving despite what horrors she went through. When we got her, she had to be acclimatised to everything, including walking outside, grass, rain as she had never gone outside before and in her first 6 months with us, all of her hair fell out due to shock from living in a house with central heating and chemicals in it.

Willow is a whippet crossed with a jack Russell..she accompanied Amber home, she was only 9 weeks when we got her. She’d been dumped at the rescue centre at 5 weeks old, her littermates apparently had been disposed of by the evil people that had her yet they saved her as she was female. She was terribly traumatised as she’d never really got over leaving her mum so early so she’s very, very clingy and loving and we call her the ‘cling-on’ at home, as she hates not sleeping next to anyone.

Toby came home a few months later after we got the girls. He was brought over from Ireland and at 9 weeks he was already in a state. We were told he was a black Labrador.. not so.. he is mostly collie with some GSD and doberman. We nearly lost him in our first 48 hours with him, as he had horrific gastro-enteritis, fever and a runny streaming nose.

He is the only one that has never really recovered from his ordeals over 3 years on (despite lots of work and behaviourist help).... he can't cope with going outside the house for walks, can’t cope with loud noises, other dogs, children etc.. he adores Amber and Willow but will be aggressive if outside and approached by another dog.

But, I absolutely love him.. for all of his foibles.. he’s such a good boy and without fail, every morning.. whether I’m smiling or limping around like an old lady.. he’s the first to greet me with his little sniffing whimpers of happiness and a big wagging tail. I love them all very much.. our home would not be a home without them.. and I sure as hell wouldn’t be half as cheerful if they weren’t here!
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”—Thomas Merton
Amberwillow
UKFM Member

Postby Amberwillow » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:35 pm

This is Amber...

This is Willow..

This is Toby...

And this is all three fast asleep!

Sorry the pics are so big :shock:
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”—Thomas Merton
Amberwillow
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Positive and Fun