[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pets

Pets

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Pets

Postby denys » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:43 pm

He goes on Monday Flup at 1pm, cant wait to have a nice white fluffy doggy back instead of a yellow smelly one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:40 am

awrrr,!!flups shes beautiful :clap:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:07 am

aw so cute :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:55 pm

please can someone explain to me in simple terms how to upload photos of my pooch. he is gorgeous and i'd like to show him off :D

thanks, adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:48 pm

To post photos on here Adele, first of all you need to upload them to somewhere like Photobucket or Flickr.

I'll explain how I post them using Photobucket and Firefox. It is pretty similar using Flickr and Internet Explorer as well, it's just that I prefer Firefox as a browser than IE. I tend to have a tab open with the place I want to post on as well a another tab for photobucket open as I find it easier to flick between the 2 for posting.

Upload picture to Photobucket
When your picture has been saved to your album/photostream, when you run the mouse over it, you should get a box appear with the picture in the middle of it giving you the options to "SHARE" "EDIT" "DELETE" "MOVE" with a small box underneath it with the IMG code in it.
The IMG code is what you need to post the picture.
Click in the IMG code box with the mouse, then it should say "COPIED" in the box.
Right click on the mouse, then select paste. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: your picture should appear on the thread (I always check the "PREVIEW" before I actually post, just to be sure :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Hope that makes sense :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby nutty1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:36 am

peep po dee -dee :clap:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby gizsam » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 am

flup...she is such a cutie,loving the pics x
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Thank you everyone :oops: , she's very much my baby :hugs: :hugs: I probably put too much in it, but I don't think I'd be like I am now if we hadn't got her when we did. Having her means I have to go out regularly, which means I've got sort of back into meeting and talking to a few people, which I had stopped doing :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Harry is lovely, clean, soft and fluffy now following his trip to the hairdressers :lol: :lol: wonder how long it will last :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:24 pm

thank you flup for the information on posting piccies. :flowers: it may take me sometime as i'm not very good with computers but i'd like to share murphy with everyone.

murphy is a 4 year old rescue sprollie who thinks he is still a puppy. he likes to be cuddled or rocked and makes sounds like he's suckling. he does it in his sleep as well.

he sleeps beside me in his bed or sometimes on mine and it's lovely to wake up and have a groan together. he likes to lie in until about 11, he will never be an early riser.

we were meant to be together - murph has chronic health problems and can't exercise as much as other dogs and sleeps alot. when he has a flare up he is in pain and i let him share my heat pad and we watch tv on the computer together in bed.

i have to pace his exercise or else he overdoes it when he's well and then gets sick. doggy fibro?

:wave: adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Sprollies are wonderfully bonkersly frustratingly lovingly marvellous like springies and collies are :hugs: :hugs: Can't wait to see your pictures of him Adele, has he got markings and colouring like a springie or collie?? Some of the sprollies I've seen have got collie shaped ears, but with the springie fluffiness. The springie rescue centre covering my area always call the sprollies they take in springboards :lol: :lol: :lol:

What are his health problems?? DeeDee had a dislocating kneecap, we found out about it when she was 11 months old, as well as finding out she had hip dysplacia at the same time, all down to bad breeding :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: She is on restricted exercise as well, I bet Murphy is going to fit in well with DeeDee and Harry, denys's collie :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Adele » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:13 pm

doggies are my favourite topic of conversation. :D

i knew nothing about dogs before i got murph so i am still learning. he is a neurotic animal who suffers from fear aggression after being attacked so many times as a pup. he loves humans and is everyone's friend. when my carers come round he flops on their feet on his back to get his tummy tickled. he doesn't bark in the house.

he loves chasing balls and sticks when he's out but won't bring them back. he will swim whatever the weather and likes to wallow in mud or muddy puddles if he gets too hot. he then needs a bath. we go to town together for coffee if we are resting and people watch. he says hello to everyone on the bus while i am getting my chair on.

where we live it is very dog friendly so he comes in the bank and the hairdressers with me.

murph has a collie face and ears. his legs have some springer feathering and he has a kind of ruffle round his neck. he has a white coat with 2 big spots. his skin is spotty and with age he is developing more and more black spots on his legs and streaks in his coat. he has fluffy bloomers on his hind legs and an english springer type tail, pure white with long hair. his muzzle and under his mouth is pink - it's so cute.

murph was born 01/03/2007 under a car on a farm in ireland. he was taken from his mum too young and brought over here by a charity and was in a foster home when i met him. he was nearly 10 weeks old when i became his forever mummy. he has suffered from severe colitis his whole life and can lose alot of blood when it is bad. i think he is weaker than other dogs because he left his mum too young and became malnourished because of the colitis. goodness knows what condition his mother was in, they rescued 2 litters from that farm that day.

his symptoms have improved greatly. he is on a strict fish based diet that he loves and he is even a little bit tubby now. unfortunately he will eat anything and scavenges when he is out. he chases rabbits, ducks, deer, anything that could be a free lunch. thankfully he has only had 2 kills so far.

most importantly he is my baby. i couldn't imagine life without him. :blowkiss: Murph says hello to DeDee and Harry xx

i hope DeeDee is feeling ok. please give her my love.
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:42 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:30 am

Hi Adele, Murph sounds lovely, as Flup says Harry is a full collie and is white with a ring of black on the base of his tail and one splodge on his side, some black running to grey on his ears but hundreds of black spots all over, so many we have been asked if he was a dalmation!!! we have had him since he was supposedly 8 weeks old but the vet thinks he was nearer 6 and is now 9 months.

He is like a kangeroo and jumps constantly which is a pain when people call, I cant walk him so everyone else has to do that. I'm just here for cuddles. Flup told me about the norty spots and I can confirm it is sooooo true. He's a beautiful boy even if he is a b****r he's been to the hairdressers today and had a manicure, he smells of fruits bet it doesnt last. Anyway snuffles and wags to DeeDee and Murph
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:17 am

hi flup, they sound so alike. i love the "norty spots". murph loves poo rolling, he
has to get it under his collar and in his ears. he is so happy once he's done it. :nono:

he will also eat the most disgusting things. i once caught him eating human
poo and he wouldn't stop even when i shouted at him. :yikes:

murph has been attacked a few times including: by a husky, by 2 irish wolf
hounds and a staffy that had his face in it's mouth.

he is a big coward and jumps at the toilet flushing or me shaking the laundry.
thankfully he is very quiet indoors and likes to sleep, he used to jump up at
people when he was a pup but has stopped.

i don't always think murph is a good judge of character - he loves everyone. :lol:

hi denys, murph has exactly the same markings! i thought it was a springer
thing, not collie! in our house a bath is usually followed by rolling in something yucky.

love and sniffs from murph to harry and deedee and their humans xx
Adele
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Positive and Fun