[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - what sweets from your childhood do you remember

what sweets from your childhood do you remember

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: what sweets from your childhood do you remember

Postby motherelephant » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Licorice novelties (sticks) my mom worked at bassetts when we were little on nights.They were allowed to bring things home.i got hooked on licorice ,much prefer it to chocolate .Then 6 months ago I was told that I must not eat it anymore it can stop Thyroxine being absorbed ,as i have an underactive thyroid i had to listen to them.Oh but the pain when they are making it ,the smell is in the air as I live 5 mins from bassetts.Torture ahaha Motherelle.x :roll:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:19 am

Ohhhh Mother E :cry: no licorice :cry: poor you! How about aniseed balls instead? Not the same but better than nothing.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby chris2009 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:07 pm

oooo thats worse torture than any chamber :lol:

can you have licorice flavourd stuff that hasnt got licorice in?
like licorice coffee?

One incident of domestic violence is reported to the police every minute.
On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner.
Don't let it be you.
chris2009
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:58 pm

Sweetie Tobacco - or Spanish Gold some c alled it - by the way there is a web site where you ccan buy some old fashioned sweets.
Aquarterf.co.uk you can buy them and get them sent to you home!!!!!!!
yummy!!!!
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:40 pm

Parma Violets and flying saucere...mmmmmmm parma violets. Sometimes see them in our local Morrisons, have to buy a load of them. Unfortunately they're a bit moreish so they don't last long. Might manage to last till I get home. Kinder eggs as well...used to collect all the little toys!!! Kinder Buenos have replaced them in my affections now :D

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby nanatigtig » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:38 am

Hi folks you can buy most of these lovely goodies from a shop in Whitby North yorks, in the old town. I can't visit whitby without going to this shop . they sell in ounses too! 2oz of sherbet pips ta!!
or even better rainbow kaylie i think thats how you spell it!!
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby bookworm » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:19 am

You should be able to get more or less all if not more than all your faves from http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/?source=affwin. My eldest treats himself once every 3 months and buys all kinds of stuff to share out.
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby ladymanvers » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:28 pm

I LURVE licqorice; when I was pregnant with my son I craved it and bought wholesale boxes to eat. I later found out it was bad for me when pregnant!
I used to buy aniseed balls (my son bought me some recently the first since I was a child-mmmmm).
And spangles; remember Acid Drops - like spangles but sour?
And chewing nuts
And torpedos
And blackjacks
And Victory Vs
And those chocolate buttons with hundreds and thousands on that were kept loose and so always tasted fusty?
And pink bubblegum
And Beechnut chewing gum from the machines
And milk chews
And gobstoppers
And those chalky lollipops
And mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........think I'm getting too, too excited :wink: :wink: :wink:
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby Carrot-k-os » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:37 pm

My wife remembers Apple Jacks and we have tried everywhere to find some but to no evail.
Carrot-k-os
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Looks like they are not available anymore Nick but this site http://www.sweetieworld.co.uk/most_wanted/apple_jacks/ will let you know if they ever track some down so might be worth saving in your favourites :)
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Paulus1962 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Texan (the big one!)
Spangles
Marathon (now called 'snickers')
Traffic Lights
Toffo's
Caramac
Pineapple Chunks
Bazooka
Pacers
Aztec Bar
You can find my blog at
Paulus1962
UKFM Member

Postby lethargic » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:35 pm

Childhood eh childhood ??????? can vaguely remember eating a mars bar last week :crazy: :crazy:
lethargic
UKFM Member

Postby bluecath » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:55 pm

Cherry Lips
Rainbow Drops
American Cream Soda- with a licqourice stick
Fruit salad and Black Jacks
Milk Chews
bluecath
UKFM Member