[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Picture and story about your pet

Picture and story about your pet

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Picture and story about your pet

Postby princess » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 pm

Greta is a 11 year old cross tortie/tabby, she was found in Edinburgh SSPCA by my daughter in law, having been put in a sack, kicked about a garden by kids, and then taken and tossed in the River Forth by the dad.
She had broken legs and cat flu when the SSPCA got her. (lady heard her crying and picked the sack out of the river and took her to SSPCA).
Daughter in law had her for about 7 years, but she kept being dirty, and scratching, so she was going to destroy her - so i took her for l month to see if i could turn her around.
nearly 4 years later lol
Update - she is a lovely gentle girl who is so happy with us,very well behaved, clean, quite sociable, but scares easy. She stays at my side most of the time and im just so glad she is mine now. she has brought me so much happiness.
Attachments
greta.jpg
greta.jpg (135.43 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: Picture and story about your pet

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Aww bless :hugs:

Ok... BRUNO

He is a male 5yrs black labrador :mrgreen:

Got him from the labrador rescue centre a few years ago. He turned up extremel overweight with lots of sores & greesy furr, major ear infection (all red/gungy &inflammed) plus achy joints where he was never walked :shock:

She brought a bin liner of his belongings, what was in there was horrible :( his bed was there.... was a tatty torn black grimmey smelly infested tacky ripped old duver cover!! :yikes:

His toys we dirty/chewed/slimey & rotted.

His bowls were so chewed there wasnt much of a bowl left!! :shock:

He had been left all day up to 12hrs alone :( never walked as he was petrified of the outdoors.

Happy to say now that after 5months he was a changed man :clap:

We put all our efforts/energies & love into him :woot:

He's such a loving boy who follows me everywhere! cries if i go out of sight and a protector! i could go on and on, hes one in a million and my fat boy :lol: :lol: :lol:

here he is....
Attachments
Bruno.jpg
Bruno.jpg (27.41 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby rosie66 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:04 pm

Lisa, he's lovely, not only am i a penguin lover i'm also a dog lover,one of my jack russells will sit with me all the time,and is very good company when i'm poorly :hugs:
you've done a good job on him :hugs: for Bruno
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:04 pm

Bruno what a darling - such a handsome boy - well done you he is obviously loved and well treated, pity some of our pets have a hard start in life, but at least we make up for it eh
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:10 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Im very proud & hes such a good boy everyone loves him.....
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby princess » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:49 pm

This was my wee boy. I had to let him go to sleep 3 years ago with Renal failure, but he worked for 6 years as a therapy dog - he was a very very gentle dog who loved everyone.
Attachments
Toby waiting to go to work.jpg
Toby waiting to go to work.jpg (15.93 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:13 pm

Hes lovely! :mrgreen:

Bruno's best friend is a westie.... shes called biscuit :lol: it was the first ever dog we bumped into when i got him.

I see them most days now :mrgreen:
*Lisa*

Postby rosie66 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:07 pm

Oh princess, what a cutie,its hard when we lose them, they are a big part of the family,xx :mrgreen:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby Freddy's gal » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:20 am

Hi,

I have posted a picture of my four dogs:-
all the kids.jpg
all the kids.jpg (99.56 KiB) Viewed 2598 times

To introduce them from left to right they are Bailey, Muffin, Brandy and Drake. Bailey and Muffin are both german spitz and Brandy and Drake are both Pom's. They are my life at the moment I don't know what I would do if I didn't have them here since I stopped working I've grew to love them even more if thats possible.

Take care
Freddy's gal
Freddy's gal
UKFM Member

Postby rosie66 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Hi freddys gal, they are absolutely gorgous,as you can tell i am a dog lover, i'm sure they love you to bits now you are at home,xx
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby Freddy's gal » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks Rosie66,

I think they do like having at home especially as they know how to get me to feel bad for them and give them treats. I have posted another picture of when they were pups (Excuse the carpet we had just moved in)
Drake, Bailey & Brandy.jpg
Drake, Bailey & Brandy.jpg (33.12 KiB) Viewed 2584 times

You may notice that Muffin is missing, this is because she is a year younger than the rest. I'll try and get her puppy photo's if anyone would like to see them.

Take care
Freddy's gal
Freddy's gal
UKFM Member

Postby rosie66 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:43 am

Hiya freddys gal ,yes ,put more photos on,they are gorgous, i would put photos on but i don't know how to do it :grouphug: for the woofersx
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby miajane » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 am

Hi,
Heres a pic of my cat Smudge, she's 20 years old and I don't think she will be with us much longer. She sleeps all the time and no longer has any desire to go outside, she has trouble walking but she isn't in any pain.
She still likes to be fussed and brushed, so we are hoping she can spend her last weeks at home with us.
Attachments
smudge.jpg
smudge.jpg (31.89 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby rosie66 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:57 pm

Awwwwwwww mia, she is lovely, 20yrs old,god thats good isn't it, i hope she is better soon,bless her :hugs:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:40 pm

What wonderful animals, they bring so much love into our lives.
You know that Florence Nightengale was the first person to accept the power of a animal (therapy animals come in all sizes and breeds even horses if you care to belive that and llamas in america) anyway off that
She was the Lady who cared for the Crimeon Soldiers in hospital even although she had no formal training - she said the presence of a little creature lifts the spirits!!!!
How right eh
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Positive and Fun