[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Van cleaner....

Van cleaner....

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Van cleaner....

Postby Ange » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:20 pm

I have a black van...used to belong to the local undertaker, his body van....but I've got it now and turned it into a camper...:)

Not at all concerned about it being spooky or anything, cos it isn't,.....but being black it is a devil to keep clean....and I go to a lot of van meets and shows with it. The weekend meets etc are my hols, and get me out and give me something to look forward to through the year.

Anyway, one of the worst things to keep clean is a black van....nothing is like it for showing up streaks, water marks etc.

Now I can't clean my van anymore, so I have to pay £8 a time for it to be done, washed and leathered.

I saw some stuff advertised on Ideal World on TV, a waterless cleaner, and all it needs is a spray of the liquid, a wipe over to get the liquid off, and then a very light buff with a clean duster. well, I was quite interested, cos I was thinking do one door, then sit for a while, then do a panel and sit for a while etc etc....do it bit by bit over a couple of days.

So I ordered some, and it's come, and all I can say is WOW...:):) Two doors have been done, and I can see my face in the shine. All I had to do was spray and lightly wipe, which I could manage ok. So now I get to clean my own van again...which is brilliant...:)
Ang x
Never drive faster than your Angels can fly.
Ange
UKFM Member

Re: Van cleaner....

Postby princess » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:23 pm

Excellent what a good idea, hope you have many years of safe motoring in it.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby andy12720 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:52 pm

can we form a q my car is filthy hehe :woot:
andy12720
UKFM Member

Postby pinksandblues » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi that makes a change for something to actually do what it says on the can (so to speak ) lol i hate it buying things that never quite work as you would expect , well done good find , wendy :)
pinksandblues
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi
We had a vw camper van, we went to loads of shows in it.Really miss not having it now.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ange » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:20 pm

What I like about it, apart from the fact that it works well, is that I can finally do my van again myself....and it's just that bit of something which is no longer frustrating isn't it... :clap:

Just got to find out an easy way to get the top off a milk bottle now.... :?

Ang x
Ange
UKFM Member

Postby Brens » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:35 pm

Ange, we have big trouble with black streaks on white van ! can't win can we ? I wonder if this stuff would work for us . We love our van just cant do cleaning :cry: is this the answer? could you put the name on a post and I could google it.Our van is our sanity, we get as many breaks as we can, our own routine, eating our own simple food,resting when we like, sleeping as late as needed , and enjoying lovely countryside or the sea and I dont even have to get out of it to enjoy myself! Brens
Ever hopeful !
Brens
UKFM Member

Postby Ange » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:59 pm

It's called Eureka Waterless Cleaner, and it's from Canada.

It was on Ideal World, the TV shopping channel. Ok it was £19 for two bottles, but I thought if it works then it's a bit of my independance back, and there's not a price for that eh.

There's loads of info in it here....and there might well be a cheaper make around to buy....one that is mentioned is Showroom Shine I think...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=eureka ... =firefox-a

Ang x
Ange
UKFM Member

Postby Harley » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Sound like good stuff.

I only clean my camper once a year for the MOT, the rest of the time the muck is just called patina :lol:
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby BoveySusie » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:14 am

I know what you mean about the camper being a life saver - you can go just down the road and feel that you're in the middle of nowhere - and your own bed - brill... And now we can make it sparkling :!:
How do you go about taking longer trips? I get so foggy travelling - hubbie usually drives - we would really love to do Scotland in late spring but living in Devon means quite a long journey :!: We both took early retirement because of the fibro so can at least take our time - just don't want to spend the whole time in a fog :)
Would love some tips
Sue x
BoveySusie
UKFM Member

Postby Brens » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:07 am

Ange thanks for that reply about van cleaner I didn't find the post until tonight WAIL (what am I like)I am easily confused :?

And Sue I will certainly pass on any tips I may have regarding longer trips in campervan, I'll give it
some thought first. Also have you seen the web site MHF(motorhome facts) they have a forum on travelling in vans /motorhomes for people with disabilities.
Ever hopeful !
Brens
UKFM Member

Postby BoveySusie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Thanks for the tips Brens - I'll look on that website - and happy camping :!: :!:
Sue x
BoveySusie
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun