[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Crafts here!!!!

Crafts here!!!!

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Crafts here!!!!

Postby princess » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:21 pm

I see there are a few crafty people on this site - so i wondered instead of the Cafe which seems to have run out of steam - we have a Craft Club.
Anyone want to join?
Any craft, art, needlework, crochet, card making anything.

Crafty Cat Club or what ?
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: Crafts here!!!!

Postby loubie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:38 pm

wot a brill idea princess
we can help each other out with tips on whatever :?:
well i could try :oops: as not been crafting for long
but would like to read and see some of the cards and other things you all make
fab i think
loubie x :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:11 pm

I keep meaning to copy some of them - but the latest was a Clarity Stamp set, called Serenity wow

http://shop.claritystamp.co.uk/serenity-kit-p-954.html - I did this with embossed dark green trees and then normal green stamped trees on top - its beautiful. then put it onto dull gold card with a gold ribbon and bow. Its really nice.

I also do lots of other crafts but they all go onto cards. Quilling for example as below.
Here are a few for now.

princess
Attachments
images 4.jpg
images 4.jpg (2.67 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
images 2.jpg
images 2.jpg (1.56 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
images.jpg
images.jpg (3.23 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
Last edited by princess on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:16 pm

here again
Attachments
images 3.jpg
images 3.jpg (3.11 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
images 5.jpg
images 5.jpg (2.82 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:54 pm

The flowers are all quilled, it s a long procedure but i make little bonnets and also baskets for a few people as too labour intensive as you will know.
Normally its decoupage or cut outs i do.
Got the teddy decoupage from C&C last month and its a really good buy - it will keep me going for months there is so much in the pack.
CDs i have a few and also i have some Cute Companion STamps for Xmas and Winter. I have just started to stamp. I had a terrible problem with them but then i was told to use a smaller ink pad (the one shaped like an eye) and wha la i can now stamp.
So thats what i am up to just now my Clarity Stamp set. Its wonderful but dear but i got it for Xmas from my pal.
thank goodness Christmas is over i have made so many cards im sick of them hahahah

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:36 am

You can have both, but put it in the Fun stuff section which is for hobbies please. Obviously we can't just have a craft club as that would be exclusive.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Pepsi67 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:48 am

What a fab idea and love the cards Princess.

:D
Pepsi67
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks Gill for moving this - lets hope it takes off as i know many do crafts on this forum
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby pinksandblues » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi i do reborn doll making this is Fay.... wendy :)

pinksandblues
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:13 pm

wow - did you see the documentary on New Borns last year on TV.
Think it may have been freeview, the dolls are so real.
Wonderful craft, so well done too.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Ruremi » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Have any of you seen the e-mail of marzipan Babies AMAZING...........absoloutely jaw dropping photos..If any of you want to see it pm me your e-mail address and I will forward it to you.

Unless there is a way to put it on here.......I don't know.

Moira
Ruremi
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:03 pm

i make cards ,and also some basic jewellery - mainly using gemstone chips etc .... would love to join the craft club. Have got 3 70th birthday cards to make - so will post the results when i'm finished :)
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby Pepsi67 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi all,

As i've already said what a fab idea :D

I make cards and ATCs. Have had a go at jewellery but have problems with my right hand & wrist so found it a bit fiddly !

I'm also just testing the water with three new areas ... sequin art, altered art and glass painting but haven't got very far yet :yikes:

I'm also thinking about cartonnage, making natural beauty products (lip balms and soaps) and candle making but these are only thoughts at the mo :idea:

Also did think about making Reborns as my friend collects them (sh's got 5 now) and she knows lots of people who collect them and show them etc but have only looked into it briefly :)

Take care,

:hugs:
Pepsi67
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:47 pm

This is my latest today.
I cut out BABY and then dotted it so it looks like its sewed along the edges - then put the pram on the side and a pink or blue little teddy in the corner
Its amazing and they are all different sizes etc.,
here is one without the teddy.
princess
Attachments
baby_girl.jpg
baby_girl.jpg (3.83 KiB) Viewed 3294 times
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Here you are my weekend work hahaha - that pink pram i took the baby stuff of it - i thought it looked freeky with that face hahaha
Been to craft club to day with 8 mad women hahahah
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (3.19 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
images99.jpg
images99.jpg (2.91 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
princess
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Positive and Fun