Crafts here!!!!

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Crafts here!!!!

Postby hamstergirl » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi

Pinksandblues - your doll is beautiful - just looks like a real baby! I hope you have a lot buyers for these.

Princess - I like your toppers you have made. I love the effects of quilling. I tried doing it years ago but found the twisting the paper round and round was agony on my wrists. I watched a full hour program last week on channel 36 on quilling, just wish i could do it.

I'm buying more and more cds at moment, finding it easier on my arms (unfortunately my arms are my most painful bodypart). I do like my die cutting as well but it is a little fiddly.

I would love to be able to sell my cards. I have a friend who put orders in for my cards but i've stopped it now because her requests were getting ridiculous. i.e deal and no deal card, Morrisons card - apparantly her mother loves noel edmonds and her in laws spend all their time at morrisons.

I would love to buy a cricut but unless i can sell cards, its an expensive investment for a hobby!

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:36 pm

[quote="Ruremi"]Have any of you seen the e-mail of marzipan Babies AMAZING...........absoloutely jaw dropping photos..If any of you want to see it pm me your e-mail address and I will forward it to you.

Unless there is a way to put it on here.......I don't know.

Moira[/quote]

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_oct2005/ ... Babies.htm - is this what you were talking about?
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi

Just looked - theres amazing. Good job i dont like marzipan they look to cute to eat!

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:10 pm

my craft studio - i can save but then cant open et - any ideas please
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Got it sorted i was just being silly there.
Well one of my friends has bought the Popcorn the Bear 3 set of cds - and tonight she arrived as she had copied me them - i know we are not supposed to do that.
Well anyway i will have fun tomorrow having a look at them.
Aslo the Robert Adams Celtic cd -its very different but very very nice - good for men too.
Well thats me plenty to do now lol
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi

I love my craft studio, you dont have to keep gettin discs out, i save them to my computer.

just ordered Popcorn romance cd - never had crafters companion before so hope its good

Also got wobblers from qvc that was on 3 easy pay.

I'm going to be busy too when they arrive

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Yes they are great i have 3.
(Floral, art deco, and Finishing touches just got it on e-bay)
But what i would like is a copy of Art Deco Ladies if anyone has one. (one where you get the full lady from hat - toes, mine is lovely but its more pictures of just busts.)
Can anyone help me here?
I will gladly pay for the disc and postage too.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi princess

No sorry i have only got fur and feathers and the 3 disc every day which was an anniversary one!

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:28 pm

I got a lovely cd on e-bay - its only pictures but oh it beautiful American Indians and also Oriental - i got them for £1.50 each and ive made some lovely cards with them.
Quilling i can make very little flowers etc., as you my hands wont do it, but i have a kit and i get it out every so often and do a few flowers.
Next time you are at the craft shop get a bundle of paper flowers on stalks - usualy about £1 -n £1.50 split them and make paper cones and put them into it and then press the cones flat and glue that makes a lovely card too - you can back it with a scrap of material or more card.
I never even go to put mine onto the cards and they were taken by friends!!! hahah
Selling cards no its very hard, my craft club set up at a huge FAir and they sold 3 cards, people are buying charity cards now.
So probably most of us are just making for friends etc.,
I make friends xmas cards during the year and ask for £6 for doing them - i put the money in a jar and it buys me sometbhing later on, £1 a card for anyone who asks.
Its not a lot but its better than giving them away free eh!

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi

I think its very hard to sell cards now! One reason is because so many are doing crafts now and you can buy cards cheap in the shop.

My friend showed me a card she bought that was a beautiful decoupage she got for a £1.00.

Anyway i love it whether it makes me money or not - we've got to do something to occupy us because not many of us work.

I want to do ATC but dont know where i can trade them - if anyone can help me on this one i'd be grateful.

My ultimate hobby is knitting but cannot do it with my hands

xxxxx
Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:06 pm

My friend was on the phone and asked me what did i want for my birthday (its april), i said well what i could do with is a craft cd honey - ok you need it just now, well i could do with it, ok ill buy it for you.
So im getting The Glitter Girls Art Deco Keepsake cd - wow!!!!
My friend's hubby was in the hospice and she will help in any way.
Cant wati for it to arrive!!!
princess

If my hubby complains about my craft or what i buy - i say well you smoke £120 a month so if i want to buy some craft at £10 or £20 you had better not complain, if i start spending more than you per month then you can complain.
Anyway its my hobby and i love to donate to the hospice.

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:30 pm

My wee granddaughter is going into hospital on Wednesday to get her adenoids out, so i got a 50p monkey from charity shop and wrapped its head and arm in bandages.
Then made a card with a funny monkey swinging on tree - inside i put:
Monkey has been in hospital hes not feeling too well, he needs a friend to give him cuddles.
Love
Gran.

So lets see how that goes down hahah

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Got alovely present, not sure if i had put this on before my computer crashed.
Elegancy by The Glitter Girls cd - wow its just what i was looking for.
Cant wait to use it, after i get this computer sorted, as it has very little memory so just a temp solution till i can afford another better one.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Hello princess

We bought an external hard drive of 500gb that plugs in an usb port to give us some extra memory, instead of buying a new computer?

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:27 pm

Has anyone bought the two disc Occupations and HObbies?
Princess

ps I got a good art deco cd from Glitter girls - its fantastic
princess
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Positive and Fun