Crafts here!!!!

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Crafts here!!!!

Postby hamstergirl » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi

I've been away for a few days so ive missed the pick of the week.

I like cd's so will take a look tomorrow even though ive never had any Debbie Moore cd's before.

I've had no problems with create and craft so i hope you dont either.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby Quackers » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:53 pm

Debbie Moore's first Cds I am not keen on but she has blossomed and her Flapper (Art Deco) ones are out of this world.
If you have ever had any of the Kanban flapper cards then it is that kind of thing only on CD. Absolutely stunning :D
I will try and upload a picture of one I did for my Mother-in-law.
If you miss out on the C&C deal then she has her own site where they are offering the CDs at the same price,still a bargain, but without the papers that C&C are offering.:-

http://www.debbimoore.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID=1619

I hope you enjoyed your holiday and were able to do what you wanted.
I have had a few very rough few days and am just now starting to recover, hence the reason I have not been on a lot.
One thing you can say about Fibro..........life is never boring with it!
Quackers
UKFM Member

Postby Quackers » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:53 pm

It looks like C&C have maybe, just maybe, restored my faith in them :D
Received my Debbi Moore Glitter & Glitz, Majestic Christmas Collection, today :D
What can I say apart from

It has been a long time since I got so enthusiastic about card making software :shock:
There are 3 CDs:-
#1) Absolutely jam packed full of papers, toppers, decoupage, Pyramid, Invertage, Double takes, Inserts and Verses
#2) Again crammed full of stationery, pillow boxes, A4 boxes, Advent calendar, calendars, Birthday book & shopping book
#3) 30 projects with templates and even more toppers

May I please reassure everyone I have nothing whatsoever to do with Debbi Moore. If ever there was a piece of software to invest in, this is it!
I am usually the kind of person who like traditional Christmas cards:- Nativity, robins, Santa etc. But this has blown my mind
I cannot praise it enough. The free paper package was lovely but I would galdly pay more than £19.99 for these CDs alone.
Do you get the impression I like it?????

I was a tad worried what to do once the wedding things were all made but WOW I cannot wait to get my teeth into this :lol:

On the wedding front 70 favour handbags are due to arrive in my daughter's doorstep tomorrow :D
I cut them out with the Cricut (my pretty machine :mrgreen: ) and put the folds in and off they went with the required velcro dots (which daughter had never thought about) and ribbon for the handle. It is now up to her and her Bridesmaids to decorate and assemble them.
I have just some 'Order of Service' cards, children's favour bags to make and then design and make thankyou cards for the Bridemaids etc and that is me done :clap: :clap: :clap:
Oh and hubby has the place names for the tables to make.

After that a short break and onto thankyou cards for guests. Cannot wait to start on my Christmas cards though. Methinks there will be a theme this year somehow :lol: :lol:

Just one question though ladies:- How on earth do I manage to make a belly dancing outfit within the next 2 weeks for the hen night????
Quackers
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi

I did see these on air once but like you i like the traditional christmas themes so didnt order it. I have got more and more into cd crafting but i am finding that i'm having to replace my ink a lot quicker.

You've done really well making your daughters wedding stationery and now you will be busy making christmas cards.

I dont seem to be able to get myself motivated to doing any cards at the moment. Its probably because i make cards, send what i need to for peoples birthdays and the rest are stuck in my drawer. I think i may have to give them to a charity so i can then refill my drawer.

I did start scrapbooking so i could finish that off. This is my main reason for wanting an electronic craft machine. You can do your lettering at different sizes. I've started a lovely scrapbook of all the animals i have had and believe me i've had loads.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby Quackers » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:12 pm

I used to do a LOT of cards for charity. I used to make a load and then next time I was in town just hand them in to whatever shop took my fancy. They were all so pleased to get them.
I must admit that before I started making the invites my motivation was terrible. It seems that by doing them and the positive feedback I got from them has given me back my enthusiasm. Although my body seems to be fighting even that lately. The tiredness I am experiencing is unbelievable.

Though to be honest my enthusiasm just might take a severe dip for another reason very soon. Last time I looked in my craft room it looked as though a bomb had landed in it :yikes: So I will really have to clear that up before I do any more :cry:

I honestly think that you would love the Cricut. I read on a forum today that Craft Central allow you to try any machines in their shops. Might be worth a Google to see if there is one near you :wink:

I have a load of scrapbooks all waiting to be filled but as yet have not taken the plunge. We were out shopping one time when I was back up in Scotland and we went round TK Max and low and behold they had loads of beautiful scrapbooks at knock down prices. Before you could blink my husband had filled the basket with them :D

I also bought one from QVC a while back. Can't mind the name of it but the pack that came with it had the most beautiful 12x12 papers and bits and pieces I have ever seen and the scrapbook is WOW! That is now booked for my daughter's wedding photos. When I showed her it her eyes near popped out her head and she instantly fell in love with it. She has been told that she will get it on one condition. That she waits until I move up to Scotland and we do it together. She was very quick to agree.

Like you I have had quite a few beloved animals in my time and would love to collect all the photos together in some scrapbooks. I also have my Mum's photo album from the war when she was in the RAF. It is now falling apart and I really need to get them into a scrapbook very soon. I would also like to do copies for my children. The spirit is willing but the body is weak :sick:
But the first thing I MUST do is tidy up that craft room :oops: :oops:
Quackers
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:25 am

Hi

I know i wish i wasnt so tired because i would do lots more crafting.

Anyway i have definetly decided i want a cricut. I want a machine to different sized alphabets. Whilst the slice does you have to hold the machine whilst cutting and it goes to 4". The cricut cuts upto 11", not that i wil probably cut that big but the option is there. I've got some A3 cards that was in a set from QVC and to be able to cut out an A4 sheet to fit that does appeal to me

Told my husband but he now says i cant have it yet because he's only got one weeks work left and he doesnt know if anything else will come up and ive got to wait and see. Just hope that deal on c&c is still on.

I've looked at their website and i'm sure you have 14 days trial which would be useful too.
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby Graduate » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:17 pm

What a fantastic idea, I just love any kind of textile craft crotcheting, cross stitiching, cards, sewing, I was hoping to set up in business because that's about all I'm good for but I've recently had a collapse and was missing my regular sessions with my crafty friend. :D
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby Graduate » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Omg :yikes: I feel like such an amateur looking at your pictures and stuff, when I'm a little more sure of myself around here, I'll upload some images of my own work.
It would be really cool to share tips and find advice. I'm feeling very low at the moment because a lot has been going on. Because of a case of carpal tunnel syndrome, I haven't been able to sew or craft for nearly three weeks and often crafting and backgammon are my only escape, if I'm sewing or counting I'm not thinking. It's been driving me potty doing nothing for all this time, thank heavens for this site. I can't wait for the coming weeks when I get to know you guys :wave:
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Hi

I love this thread. I love making cards but i'm not very creative so i would love to see some of your creations to give me some inspiratons.

I've been making cards for some time, i've got a box full of them. The only thing is no one buys them from me and ive loads so seem to have stopped making them.

I think i will have to give them to charity, but i could do with making some money to cover my costs just so i can buy more stuff.

i use to love hand knitting, it will always be my first love but while i'm unable to do this card making has given me something to do

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby Graduate » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:43 pm

my last post said that i was feeling low because i was unable to hide in my handicrafts this month
i just wanted to update.
i've managed to pick up my needles again this last few days
i've been pacing myself and stopping as soon as i feel discomfort, on thurs i managed forty stitches, i was so happy,
on fri i managed about 20 minutes before i had to stop, today i managed to finish the middle third of my design and get a round on a blanket
in all i managed about an hour and a half today, it's boosted my mood no end
i've never had to pace my craft before, its a new concept that i'm facing up to
at least now i could do a little of everything every day, things won't be finished as quickly but they should progress nicely
i'm going to buy some sort of timer to make sure i only spend a little time working on projects and work out a schedule that is both easy to stick to and allows for bad days
i attribute this change in attitude to finding a wonderful group of online fibro pals who've inspired me to even consider setting up a regime that suits me and only me, my children are all grown now and this is the perfect time to implement changes for the better
here's hoping you're having as good a day as possible
sending big purple hugs
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Well done Karen :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :woot: :woot:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby mooch » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi everyone :wave:

It's lovely to see so many crafters, this seems to go hand in hand with us fibromites.

I make my own cards, not to sell but to give to others and it keeps the kids involved in crafting things too. It's good fun.

I do make my own lampwork beads, sitting at a mixed fuel propane/oxygen flame torch. I melt glass rods into beads, pendants, charms and other cute things. The glass rods are loaded with different metals and chemicals so I have a proper set up with fume extraction. I've only been doing it 3months. It's great fun. http://www.folksy.com/shops/Kilolemurlampwork <-- my work

Also I am a Silversmith/Jeweller I write for the Making Jewellery magazine. I work from my studio at home since being employed is impossible due to fibro. http://folksy.com/shops/triplemoonstar <--my other store

There are more pictures on my facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/TripleMoo ... 656?ref=ts
mooch
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi

your jewellery is beautiful, how long does it take you to make a bracelet?

I have been deciding all year which die cutting machine to buy. I couldn't decide between the cricut, cuttlebug or slice. I was worried if I got an electronic one that it would break down and then be too expensive to repair, and I wanted one that could emboss.

Anyway on create and craft yesterday it was craft day and I treated myself to the cuttlebug which came with 12 embossing folders. I had already started collecting embossing folders, but they did not fit in my zip -e mate die cutting machine which is rather old.

Can't wait for it to arrive. In fact I really must start making some Christmas cards.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby mooch » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:44 pm

hi Hamstergirl

Thank you. :blowkiss: Hmm bracelet depends on the links and how intricate they are. If it's a bog standard belcher/round link anything up to three hours including the clasps and polishing. I do buy in finer chains for hanging pendants on. Most of my work is all handmade.

I've been making Jack's today from Nightmare before Xmas.. I got so fed up laid up in bed so I shuffled downstair and got sat at the torch. At least it makes the hours go by..well the last two anyway. I'm tired now so I'll think I'll go back to bed. laters gang x
mooch
UKFM Member

Postby River » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:35 pm

For those that have shown an interest, ATC stands for Artists Trading Cards, otherwise called ACEOs which stands for Art Cards, Editions and Originals. The always measure just 2.5 x 3.5ins. They are often kept in a personal collection and swapped with other collectors, being so small makes them a affordable way to buy original works of art direct from the artist. I hope this helps
River
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Positive and Fun