[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Babies!

Babies!

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Babies!

Postby tireesix » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:42 am

Not the human kind though.

My daughters hamster had babies last night!

Have no idea how many at the moment, we can hear them, can't see them. I am currently cooking up Daisy some egg cos it must have been hard work lol. We know who the Dad is, that would be my hamster, Damien the mole, can't imagine he will be too thrilled, he is currently living the high life (literally, he is on the top shelf) in his studio apartment and probably wouldn't want to be bogged down with kids, never mind the fact that he is Daisy's TOYBOY......... Oh, the SCANDAL.

I am joining the hamster club this week, my dream, current dream anyway, is to show hamsters. How weird is that? I guess my world just kinda fell apart last year when the Rheumy told me that I wasn't going to be able to work, at least for a long while. I thought about going to uni but this last really bad flare up that has gone on for months has made me realise that the chances of me making it through uni are minimal, I couldn't even complete my OU course last year.

So, hamsters have become my passion, much to my cats annoyance.
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Re: Babies!

Postby hamstergirl » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:12 am

Hi

Me too, i love hamsters! i've got six. we've bred our dwarfs, will find out on wednesday if its worked. we mated them last month but it didn't work. Someone on here already shows their Hamsters.

I do love animals i also have six guinea pigs and a 7 year old springer.

They never judge you, they just want to be loved like us.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 am

I never liked hamsters until we got these ones.

My step son who is staying with us has his 2 Dwarf hamsters that we bought him, Dustin and Hammy.

Then the 2 older girls wanted hamsters and I 'accidentally' bought 3 female syrian hamsters. Houdini is mine, Polly is my 4 year olds and Daisy is my 5 year olds hamster.

Then, I asked DH whether I could have a go at breeding. I said, if it didn't work out, I would stop and just be happy. So, I ended up with Dustin the mole.

On top of that we have the 3 cats - Sid, Ellie and Bobsy all though we are considering giving Bobsy to a new home due to his dodgy tummy. We also have 2 ANCIENT rats - Nibbler and Fry.

I want some chickens as well, DD and DH also want a dog and DD2 wants a guinea pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:11 am

Oh, I forgot to add. Out of 7 matings (2 for Polly, 2 for Daisy and 3 for Houdini) only 1 has been successful, so far as I can tell anyway. Polly might be 10 days pregnant, she seems to have signs of pregnancy but we shall see and Houdini is early on in a possible pregnancy. Tricky little critters!
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Ok, had a quick peek, no touching and it looks like maybe at least 14 babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't appear to be any red eyed pups. Mum seems fine, just a little saggy lol (boy do I know how that feels, except I just had one baby, not a classroom full).

Fingers crossed she doesn't eat any or do anything scary like that!!!!!!!! I have told the kids that we can't touch or really even peek at the moment, only reason I peeked earlier was to a)check on Daisy and b) to stop the daughter from nagging me lolol.......

Now I got to start finding them homes!!!!!!
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:52 pm

Hi

My oldest Daughter was 3 (she's now 14) when we went to pet shop to get some fish (my husband likes fish). She wanted this Hamster, i was dead against it and said i wouldn't have anything to do with it. However, when everyone was out i cared for it and fell in love with them. I have had the most at one time is 7.

I would love to have a garage with shelves of them. We did breed our syrians quite easy a few years ago, but don't seem to be having much luck with the dwarfs. Our syrian had 8 babies. The only problem when we breed we dont want to get rid.

If we lived nearer and our breeding didn't work, i would be happy to take a few from you! They are so easy to look after and once you've got your cage they are a very cheap pet to keep.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Polly had her litter today, not sure how many but after a quick glance while Polly was off the nest I am guessing at about 10.

Stumpy is still alive (Daisy's 3 legged baby, looks like a male and the step son has decided he would like him).

With Damien (the father) being Sable and Daisy being banded, it looks as though we have 3 Sables and then the rest are banded taking after their mother but dark banded so I am guessing maybe Sable banded. I might even have a couple that meet show requirements for banding!!!!! We have 6 female and 5 male out of Daisy's litter.

Obviously too early to tell with Pollys litter but Damien is the father so I wouldn't be surprised if we have more Sable and with Polly being banded, more Banded ones PMSL.

I am thinking about new cages. Damien is in a Habitrail Studio which is fine for him, he seems very happy in it but the girls are in these wire cages which are adequate but I would much rather have them in something a bit bigger, so looking at indoor guinea pig cage type things, the plastic ones with a wire bit at the top and then I can fit them out nicely. They are all allowed some time to run around the girls room every day so maybe I am worrying about nothing? I would just like to be able to fit more toys in.

In so much pain today, my wrists etc are killing. I really need some new supports, not the splints but proper, decent supports. I seem to have the middle metatarsal in each hand really playing up as well, they constantly feel out of place and it is so painful/uncomfortable.

I was looking into the Guif stuff today but I am not sure it is worth it. I mean, even if I manage to get this stupid fibro thing under control, I still have similar symptoms with the EDS and will still have pain from arthritis in my shoulders, so no matter what, I will still be on the heavy duty pain killers and I want to keep tablets to a minimum not increase the amount of stuff I am taking. Except for the pain killers, anti nausea and IBS stuff, I have managed to get off anti depressants, propranalol and something else. I hate taking tablets, I just don't know. DH said that even if the the guif stuff gives me just a month of being human it would be worth it but I just don't know if I can put up with the diet, the expense, the extra tablets or the disappointment if another thing doesn't work. I have a family to think about with no working adults and money is tight.

Anyway, its a nice day down this way, DH has taken the kids out to get some food so I have an hour to myself and here I am talking to you lot and dreaming about new hamster cages PMSL.

Would anybody sponsor me to get my hair shaved off? Money going towards local fibro group.......... It might just have to be a friends and family thing.

Right, I am going hamster window shopping!
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:57 pm

Sad update:

Houdinis babies died. Gutted.

But, Daisys babies are about 15 days old and will be ready to in Maya and Polly had babies and they are ready to go a week or so after Daisys babes.

Here are my BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.hamstercentral.com/community ... tribe.html
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Aaaww so cute.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tishytash » Fri May 07, 2010 11:15 am

Know this is a couple months old but I show hamsters I have over 30 now and regular litters. I go to a show every month or so, its a long day but i love it, get to mix with other hamster people. I did the sales table at the last show i went to, got to look at baby hamsters all day, didn't sell myself any though! I have a litter at the moment at 3 weeks old they are really sweet. I have show pens and everything now and my prefix was registered last year.
tishytash
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun