[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - music thread

music thread

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

music thread

Postby patches » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:53 pm

How about starting a music thread where we can swap ideas about our favourites?

I will kick off saying as a kid I was brought up to the sounds of rock and roll which I still love. Over the years my favourites have been Elvis, Beatles, Rolling Stones and others. I have been fortunate enough to have been to quite a few concerts over the years.

I can answer my favourite song of all time....the LIVE verison of Hollywood Nights by Bob Seger, although I have never been to his concerts.

I hate reggae, rap and jazz, and modern music does nothing for me.

I can watch a few heavy metal bands but that is all....a few, cos I am not really into that. I like some songs rather than the bands. At the other end of the spectrum, I love Habanera from the opera Carmen.

I dislike the song Amazing Grace, but I have it sung in the American Indian Cherokee language. It's a mixture of traditional native sounds coupled with modern technology. In a quiet room with the sound up, it's like the very Earth itself is talking to you.
patches
UKFM Member

Re: music thread

Postby carolnotts » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi i was brought up listening to Dolly Parton,Shirley Bassey and Sydney Devine, i still love listening to Dolly Parton but at the other end of the scale i love listening to Lady Gaga,Pink,Westlife and IL Divo so i suppose i have a varied taste in music :crazy: x
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:54 am

I like Motown and most soul music, went to see Tom Jones in concert as a treat for a friend's birthday :yikes: was dreading it but he was fantastic. Still wont buy his CD's though. I have the Jackie CD's and Donny Osmond and was a huge fan of the Bay City Rollers even had all the gear :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Denise54 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:06 am

Denys i have the Jackie CDs too!

i like 60's and 70's music but also more modern stuff too all sorts!.. I got the Forever Vienna Cd by Andre Rieu and the Johan Strauss Orchestra in with my birthday pressies and its lovely background music i also was humming along to it in the car yesterday We have all our music on a hard drive and i put it on shuffle and it plays through the TV speakers all day We had allsorts of music playing in the background at daughters wedding last December as she walkwed down the stairs to Vivaldi's" Winter" when i first heard it i thought were have i heard this before ? then realised i have a Hayley Westenra CD where she has put words to part of "Winter" [ River of Dreams} then Daughter and her hubby walked out to "Walking in the Air" from the "Snowman"

love Denise xx
Denise54
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:25 pm

hehe sounds lovely I find background music can be really soothing and you can drift off to somewhere nice even if its only for a little while :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:38 pm

I always have something on in the background, I find it a great distraction from the constant tinnitus noises. Looking at what's on my player, things are definitely becoming more and more eclectic. The latest additions include Johnny Cash's cover of the Nine Inch Nails track "Hurt", there's a bit of Rondo Veneziano, a fair bit of 80s and 90s stuff (I was born in 1970 so that explains my choices :P ), some Ministry of Sound Chilled stuff and new stuff, mainly random tracks that appeal to me. As for the CD cupboard and shelves that literally goes from Abba to ZZ Top. Like Denise54. we have a hard drive where most of our music is stored and often play stuff from that shuffled as well. It's amazing how a song can bring back a memory or sensation that had long been forgotten :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby patches » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:04 pm

this is a clip of a singer/writer named Jackie DeShannon from 1964.

just watching her makes me weak at the knees......ohhhhhhh she is so damn gorgeous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JRv6iCCYQo
patches
UKFM Member

Postby lesley45 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:57 am

When I was teenager I was into KISS lol, even went to see them in concert. Then I got into 80's music such as Spandau Ballet, Soft Cell, Culture Club etc. At the end of the 80's I started to like Guns n Roses, became obsessed with Axl Rose just loved him. Got to see them live in Manchester too, was a great concert even tho Axl was 3 hrs late! For the last 20 yrs I have just loved Mariah Carey though. I think she is just an amazing singer. In my opinion nobody can beat her voice, it is just beautiful! Would love to see her in concert one day. :D
lesley45
UKFM Member

Postby lethargic » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:54 pm

I love to hear my hubby singing in the bath - it reassures me he hasn't drowned and I don't have to get out of bed to see if he is o.k. lol :clap: :wave:
lethargic
UKFM Member

Postby kim01 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:11 pm

First love Blues, Reggae, Jazz, Folk, but love classical, coral, i like all genre the best of apart from country brings me out in a rash lol, (sorry country fans)
kim01
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun