[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - How is every1 2day

How is every1 2day

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: How is every1 2day

Postby astoldbyellana » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:37 pm

i think it it depends on what job you have because i find that i can days when if i am stuck in office for most of the day i am ok although i do get a lot my headaches a lot and weather can make a big difference. I do have to pace myself but if i am doing a lot in one day like i am going to the post office and shopping then it hits me like bricks. I have kipped in some strange places, back of buses (i have ended up going further than i expected) Things that didn't use take up too much energy like shopping now always feel like running a marathon. Sadly a few weeks ago when I was on bad day, I just met my friend for lunch (i live very closely to everything) and i thought i could just pop into sainsburys to buy a few bits and out of nowhere this huge bout of pain and fatigue spasms and i ended up almost collapsing in sainsburys toilets. I was literally forgetting everything like i couldn't get my words out correctly at all, everything i was saying was gibberish, i felt spaced out and drunk like. Luckily my gran was just paying for stuff and she drove me home and spent the rest of the day and night in bed and the next day as well. What the heck!
astoldbyellana
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:49 am

Hi to all and hope you're having a fairly ok time of it at the moment

I'm feeling v positive at the mo and feeling less stuck. I've got a little plan formulating in my squishy brain of what i want to do, IE; start a proper journal/diary up, enjoy knitting again even if its v v v slow going, i want to rip bk all old work and really think about what i really want to do with the yarn, and sum other stuff that i can't remember
I've joined a knitty website and being proactive on starting new topics so that hopefully some1 replies to me and it widens my 'cyber social life'. I'm so sad tho, a couple ppl did a friend request (i don't know them), i had a PM from another fibromite in the USA, and finally a PM from a woman that lives a 5-10mins car journey from my home. I was as excited as a 4-5yr who'd made sum 'best friends' on their first day of sch :lol: My girls were telling me to calm down and there was alot of :roll: and :crazy: , :oops: I don't CARE it made my mth :lol: :lol: :lol:
plz have a mini celebration if even small events are making u smile or even just some recent triumphs. Its good 4 your general :blowkiss: all well-being
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:19 pm

Good to hear you're feeling more positive about things and less stuck now. I was wondering what have you done to get yourself to this point, as it might be helpful to others on here who are in the place you were a while ago :?: :?:

Have you learned how to respond in a more helpful way to situations and deal with the unhelpful thoughts, feelings and body sensations, or have you been using something like a coping strategy to help you deal with situations :?: :?:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ouchisme » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi fluppypuffy

I've just decided that i've got to try and take little steps at a time. The 1st being having a go at knitting again as that gives me great pleasure and kinda puts me in a zen relaxed place in my head. I've had to give up quite a lot over the yrs and was very :swear1: about it.
When it comes to general feelings,worries and frustrations, the only way somethings can be put into perspective is if i write it all down like a diary. With all the ramblings i might actually figure out a way to solve 1 of those emotional probs :dunno:
There are certain parts that really affect my 'life'. I've not had a quality of life in over a yr. But the only way somethings will change, is if I DO something about it. For example, my memory, fibro fog and fatigue is driving me up the wall! So i have to make little plans to start how i could make those parts of my constant companion bearable. I've told my girls that they have to keep repeating things that i've agreed they can do so i don't forget on the day its going to happen. My eldest will send me reminder txts thru out the day, just for that purpose.
I have to research ways that i could as tools to do my little steps to help allieve some symptoms. Even if its a note 2 myself to check out 1 website. If i can cross that off a list on my daily to do list then i've achieved and moving forwards at the same time. It'll b trial and area and won't be plain sailing. But if i don't help myself, no1 else can do it for me. There is more and any1 wants to know, PM me and i'll get bk to u
Howz that? Any help at all? x
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:03 am

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ouchisme » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi fluppypuffy

I wasn't upset about the enquiry :lol: was fighting fatigue and really wanting to join in some conversations with other ppl :roll: To me regardless of how much pain you are in, even its just a headache (4 norms), if it affects you and it hurts you. Then i wish you well and hope u feel well soon :blowkiss: . Also i didn't know how much script i could put on the site and didin't want to b cut short and then have to retype and make the reply smaller :oops:
If any1 wanted to have a private chat about how i'm trying to get it together for me, and seeing if there was a way they could try to do the same etc i will more be plzd to have a chat and help in any which that i can.
2day has been a v v bad day for pain levels. Its cos i got lucky last nite for the first time in about 3-4mths!!!! But, i still have worked some more rows of my hottie cover without causing myself some serious discomfortable. I've been a good and had proper rest :sick: this late afternoon. So I still have achieved little things today, so moving forward even its just in a small way. It all counts.
Hope ppl have had a comfortable day. The rain and wind are messing my ouches, which isn't helping :roll: Hope to talk to knew members soon and get to know you all :blowkiss: :hugs: :hugs:
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:28 pm

What you're doing with setting these goals of yours is a very valuable skill, as it can help you work towards improving different areas of your life, despite the pain, fatigue etc. It can be enjoyable and rewarding, but does need step-by-step, realistic planning. There may be set backs which may need a review of things, but the problem-solving skills you will have learnt along the way will help with these difficulties. Rewarding your successes and progress in small steps along the way can help keep you motivated and build up your confidence.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ouchisme » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:09 am

Morn to all

Hoping to get some posts up and answers before i'm savaged! Took in a 11wk kitten from a neighbour as they couldn't look after him as hes a right handful. Unable to knit, write anything down, type (hence speed of the essence as i'm being watched), basically b bored stupid :swear1: :cat2:
My other cat isn't v happy with me and STILL isn't 'talking' to me, but seems to have forgiven the rest of the family, typical!
Pain and fatigue has been pretty bad for a while, but no point trying to see my gp as hes booked up for over 6wks! So surviving on lots of :coffee2: [chocolate], polos (for dry mouth) and loads of :sick: :!:
On a topic that i'd started about hot pads ..... time ago, i thought great going to try and order the 1 recommended by a lovely member. Could i find 1 in stock could i ..... :!: Managed to bribe my girls in2 going to town for me and i'd wasted all that bargaining :dunno:
Having probs with my girls as they are still trying to ignore my constant companion and its driving me :crazy: I've had chronic pain for some time now, and over 12yrs of back probs so my youngest doesn't remember me being me. BUT they still insist on talking to me like i'm piece of .... (fill in the word)!!!!! :x Won't do chores etc. I'm not talking huge things ie; hoover, dust, to and fro for me so i don't have to, u get the picture. So i'm at my wits end at the mo and being a 'naughty' girl doing chores that i shouldn't (physio and rhmentologists orders) so lost of :swear1: :banghead: and :? :cry:
hope every1 is looking after themselves (y i know kettle and black). Going to have a nose around and see if i've got a chance of catching up 2wks worths of posts/topic :blowkiss:
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Positive and Fun