[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Crufts!

Crufts!

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Crufts!

Postby Inks » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:50 am

Ello,

I know there are quite e few dog lovers on the boards and I was wondering if anybody else was a fan of Crufts? It's going to be on More4 this year and it is starting tonight with gundogs :clap: It would also be great if people could share who their favourite winners have been or if they follow Crufts this year, what they think of the current competitors, or even how people feel about Crufts in general?

I can't wait!!! :clap: :clap:
:dogrun1: :woot:

Inks
UKFM Member

Re: Crufts!

Postby denys » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Never really watched it inks but always like to see how wins overall :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Just watching it at the moment. On about getting the right dog for your lifestyle. I've got a springer that doesn't like to go for walks, not sure what that says :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Inks » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Inks
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:42 pm

It's not just not wanting to be out for long, it's getting her going :facepalm: :facepalm: It's a battle to get the lead on her, get her out of her crate, thru the door and down the road :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Inks » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:17 am

Inks
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Fine to post the pics, always like looking at doglets and nice things :clap: :clap: :clap:

She's never been keen on going for walk, unless it involves travelling in her chauffeur driven limo :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: She's nearly 3, been with us since she was 8 weeks old, and nothing has happened to scare her off walks :facepalm: :facepalm: It's just DeeDee, she's bonkers in her own unique springie way. We just go with it now, take it as part of the game. She makes little mumbles and puts her paw on the lead to try and stop us fastening to her, we just act as if nothing's happening. Once she gets to the end of our road, she perks up, esp when we head off to her favourite field :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: If she had her way, daily exercise would involve playing football by her rules (nick the ball and leg it :clap: :clap: :clap: ) chasing the chooks to try and catch them for dinner, and getting as many belly rubs in each day as are doggily possible :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw the Munsterlanders, all those norty spots, could have brought one of them home with me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I loved all of the final ones the judge chosen, but I was really rooting for the flat coated retriever, surprised you didn't hear my cheers when he won :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: It was the pink floppy tongue and waggy tail as he was trotting round that got me, plus he's 9 years old. If we couldn't find the right springie for us, then plan b was a retriever, my 2nd fave I think, after my very own Dysfunctional Dog :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Inks » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Yay!! I am going to have to watch tonights show tomorrow as I am at the OH's tonight :)

Deedee sounds like an absolute poppet :D This is why I love springers (bingboings) not only for the fact that they are totally mental, but they have such personality and they really are the most chatty dogs, yet the most quiet at the same time?. Never a dull moment with a springer!! Really hooman dogs :clap: :clap: Deedee sounds really cheeky and full of fun bless her. I was taking pics of our Cassie today (dads springer) and will have to upload one to show you, she really is a lovely old lady. (Deaf as a post like, but strangely knows when the toast has popped up....)

Awww, I agree about the retriever, especially as he was a real veteran so it was really nice that he won his class. I like how so many dogs go away winners because although you get the big prizes, it's easy to forget that all of those dogs were best of breed and there were other prizes in the breed class. Oh I just love crufts lol (HUGE fan of the agility and flyball too)

xxxxx

Inks
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Just watching working group judging, love the German Pincher, one of his interests, as well as show doggy things is mud :clap: :clap: :clap: Not sure about the close cut on the back end of the Portuguese Water dog :shock: :shock:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby iomjax » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Great to see other doggie nuts here! I have two boarder collies. They are my babies (I have two human types and two doggie types)
I loved crufts and wish they had more and more doggie programmes on.
My two make me laugh every day and could never be without them.They are mad as hatters but that is what makes them special x
iomjax
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Jax, this linky will take you to our thread about our wonderful animal friends. We share all sorts of photos and stories about them.

Like the sound of your collies. When you get chance, have a look, and if you've any stories about them you'd like to share with us, we'd love to hear about them :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Inks » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:56 pm

*squeak* My post didn't post last week.... oh dear oh dear, it was about 3 weeks long too....lol Needless to say, I really enjoyed the other classes and can't wait till next year xxx

Inks
UKFM Member

Postby Inks » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Inks
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun