[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The princess and the pea.

The princess and the pea.

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The princess and the pea.

Postby mellabella » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:16 pm

I used to love this story when i was a kid and for those who don't know, it it tells of a prince who tested his prospective marriage partners genuine royal blood by putting a pea under 20 or so mattress and making them sleep on it saying that only a true princess' body would be sensitive enough to feel it and be kept awake by it. :sick: Only one princess passed the test and the story ends with them marrying and apparently living happily ever after but my my thoughts are this.... That poor princess must have had fibromyalgia to be that sensitive, or if it is the case that only a princess is sensitive enough to be kept awake in this way then you lot can just call me Princess Mella from now on. :lol:

HRH. Mella
mellabella
UKFM Member

Re: The princess and the pea.

Postby nutty1 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:46 pm

I think there could be something in that seeing as I seem to find all the tiny lumps and bumps where ever I sit or lay down :lol: :facepalm:

I'm not a princess tho, I'm Queenie from Black-Adder II :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby budda » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:59 pm

:) :clap: :clap: :clap:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:16 am

Mella I loved that story tooand agree she must have had FM :clap: :clap: I've moved your post to here as its more appropriate :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby mellabella » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:18 am

Hi Denys, Thanks for moving the post, i'm always sticking them in the wrong place.. DOH! :roll:

In the last few weeks i've been woken up because the wrinkles in the bottom sheet have been sticking into my bum and thighs. :yikes: I was reminded of it when i saw that advert on T.V which uses the Princess and the Pea story- but i don't have a clue what its advertising as i get so caught up in that woman's accent... it's purrrr- vurrrse.

Mella.
mellabella
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:57 am

It's the ad for Sky TV, broadband and phone I think :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby BuzzyB » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:25 am

Haha I was having this exact same thought recently. Way to romanticise fibro :-P
Bluffy the Fibro Sleeper
BuzzyB
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun