[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Let's Break Out The Champagne And Celebrate.....

Let's Break Out The Champagne And Celebrate.....

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Let's Break Out The Champagne And Celebrate.....

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 14, 2011 12:10 am

.....the things that have made us smile, feel proud and realise that there are some little glimmers of sunlight and happiness in amongst all the rubbish that FM throws at us :D :D :D

It was some news that my son came home from school with today that has made me and his dad very proud parents (again :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Last weekend, DS was is a right flap as he'd finally got his folder back from his history teacher (late :evil: ) for his coursework, only problem was he needed to get his coursework ready to hand in on Monday this week.

Well, after lots of frantic reading and typing, he handed his work in to his teacher on Monday. He'd had to write a 2000 word assignment on The Wall Street Crash, President Hoover and other bit of US history, DS handed in a 3000 word offering :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

When he came in from school today, his new was that the coursework had been marked and he knew what his score was.........out of a possible maximum 50 points he's got a superb :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

If any one else has got anything that has made them feel happy, proud or just generally good about things, no matter how small you may think it is, share it on here with us, we need more happiness to go with the :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] and :wine: :twodrinking1: :twodrinking2:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Let's Break Out The Champagne And Celebrate.....

Postby Claire Spong » Sat May 14, 2011 6:04 am

Well done to your son!

I had a meal out with the people from my 'living with long term conditions' course on Wednesday night. It's the first time we've met up since the course and we had a brilliant time, the most rowdy group in the pub and not a drop of alcohol touched! I haven't laughed so much in ages and it made me feel really good. Also nice to be out with a bunch of people where you don't have to explain and who understand the limits of illness and you don't have to make excuses!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Dx March 2011
Read my blog about how I'm coping with finding out I have Fibro on: http://fibronewbie.blogspot.com/
Claire Spong
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 14, 2011 10:08 am

Thank You Claire :hugs: :hugs: Your night out sounds like the sort of thing we all need as a prescribed complementary therapy, maybe on monthly repeat prescription :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat May 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Definitely does, laughter is always the best medicine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well done Flups son wonderful marks and well deserved praise :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: more :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: anyone :?: :?: :?: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :twodrinking1: :twodrinking1: :twodrinking1: :twodrinking1: :twodrinking1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby HazelB » Sat May 14, 2011 7:28 pm

well done to your son xxx

that night out sounds like what we all need :) xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sat May 14, 2011 9:45 pm

:woot: :woot: wow thats great flup :woot: :woot:

claire your night out sounded fab too

its nice to read some nice things :D

hubby booked a weekend break for the bank hol so have something to look forward to :D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 14, 2011 9:56 pm

OOOoohhhh nice weekend jollibobs to look forward to loubie, I'll book the sunshine for you 8) 8) 8)

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby budda » Sun May 15, 2011 12:38 am

:woot: :woot: well done to your son Flup :clap: :clap: ,Claire glad you had a fab night out :hugs: ,Hope you have a great weekend Loubie :wine: :wine: not to much.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Sun May 15, 2011 7:21 am

Well done to your Son, you all must be very happy for him. :clap: :clap: :clap: I'll send you some :coffee1: and [chocolate] for your son and :wine: and [chocolate] for his proud parents.

My Daughter has done two speaking french assignments. She's struggling a bit and you get three chances to do it and you have to have your best score. First one she got a C. I found the energy to help her and made her speak it to me every night. At first she was still saying erm erm when she was thinking what to say. I told her to stop saying that because it doesnt sound good in a conversation and just use the time as though she's pausing. Anyway she got an A. We were so chuffed for her because its a subject she seems to struggle with.

Glad you had a lovely night out Claire. I'm going out on Friday for two friends 40th's. They have chosen a dinner and dance. I've already told them i'll enjoy the meal but wont be dancing. I can tell they wont be happy but tough. I've just found out minibus is booked to come home at midnight so it'll be about 1 when i get home after dropping all 14 of us off. Was hoping it would fall on my weekend to work but it didnt so felt couldnt get out of it.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 15, 2011 12:21 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot: Brilliant result for your daughter Lorraine :clap: :clap: :clap: It's amazing what a difference just a little bit of extra revision, help and practice can make to their confidence and results :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hope your night out is a good one, just because you're not up and dancing, hope your friends don't think that doesn't mean you won't have an enjoyable time :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun May 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Well done her, fantastic result Lorraine :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Hope your night out wasnt to muuch for you and Loubie hope your weekend away is fab :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun May 15, 2011 6:37 pm

:clap: Flup's son and glad you had a good night out Claire :)

we paid our deposit to a campsite this week for a few days away with friends near Avebury~next week~and we are all having a day out at Avebury on the saturday :)

we did the same last year and it was great. however that was before my fibro really kicked in so i am a little anxious about how well i will manage...still wont know until i try :D
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 15, 2011 7:11 pm

YAY :clap: :clap: :clap: More jollibobs to look forward to :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Just take each day as it comes and enjoy yourself seeing your friends :dogrun1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon May 16, 2011 12:12 am

Here here :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: enjoy your hols :grouphug: :grouphug:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby xyz1000 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:26 pm

:wave:
:clap: :clap: :clap: well to your son fluffypuppy!! That was good work. That is quite alot to do 3000 words too!!

My son has been doing great at school too this past term.... They do a reward system to try and motivate the kids at his school. He got the most credits and come first out of around 100 kids., and won £50 in vouchers !! (nice eh!) (didn't have that in my day) lol

Also taking him to see JLS and Olllie Murs 17th June so have that to look forward to! :D :D
xyz1000
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Positive and Fun