[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Let's Break Out The Champagne And Celebrate.....

Let's Break Out The Champagne And Celebrate.....

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Let's Break Out The Champagne And Celebrate.....

Postby trafficklights » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Well done to your son fluffypuppy and to yours xyz1000 dont forget to take some cotton wool for your ears at the concert.
Well done to your daughter Lorraine its great to see our youngsters doing well.
Take a hot water bottle solsticedreamer fill kettle up so all you have to do when you get back to tent is switch it on. Hope you have a great weekend. I dont live too far away from averbury.
trafficklights
UKFM Member

Postby McVinster » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:58 am

True Blood season 4 is coming to FX next week!

Hubba hubba ding-a-ling grrrrrr woof woof yipeee! :crazy:

"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so." - Douglas Adams
McVinster
UKFM Member

Postby trafficklights » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Feeling lucky that I found this forum and how lovely everyone is even when my brain isn't working properly people understand. I do think I shall give my brain a rest for a while though from posting comments and word games compose myself and begin again when my brain is functioning........could be a long wait peeps :-) I'm very lucky to have lots of friends who come and visit me or phone to see how I'm doing. I'm lucky my family are so understanding. I managed to get downstairs today and found my lovely daughter in law cleaning the bathroom and the weekly shop had been done. How lucky am I sorry to gloat.
trafficklights
UKFM Member

Postby susanY » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:47 pm

My oldest grandson who is only 5 and has aspergers, has come home two weeks in a row with achievment certs, one for following instructions, but the best was for best student award. It brings a tear to your eye. Well done to your boy :-D :-D :lol: :woot: :woot: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:
susanY
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:37 pm

:welldone: to your Grandson what a brilliant achievement :welldone:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Roseofsharon » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Well done to your grandson susanY.

My good news is that I have started my first Open University course! I'm starting on my Degree! A bit late, but at least I'm doing something useful with my time, as I was going mad just watching TV.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:15 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot: Fantastic happenings for both of you :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby sweetleaf2 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:33 pm

I recently celebrated my 50th birthday, it was a thursday, and I had decided no party,for obvious reasons, so went out with my sister to the pub over the road for a meal, and she surprised me with a lovely cake, home for 9pm and bed soon after.....BUT on sarurday I had a surprise party with people arriving from all parts of the country & another massive cake from my sister, as the first had been the "decoy!" No-one let me lift a finger, and I was treated to loads of gentle hugs, and saw friends I hadnt seen for over a year.

I had loads of flowers and plants, the place looked like the botanic gardens, I cried because so many people had cared enough to travel half way across the country to see me ....... I had believed they were avoiding talking to me but they were just keeping a secret! :-D
I went to bed early, telling them "you kids are all up way past my bedtime" :lol: but when I got up, apart from the flowers there was very little sign there had been a party at all, they had cleaned it all away. I was very touched by that.

It just goes to show that there are considerate people out there and I can count some of them as my friends

This thread is a brilliant idea, a place to celebrate the positive things in life, there are so few of them for us, :clap: :clap:
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 am

...the weekly achievment certificate .

My great -niece was in her first year of school and the week before Christmas she came home proudly cluching her first achievement certificate, wondering what it was for my neice had to smile........

This is awarded to ******* for not climbing onto Mrs Smith's lap during story time and remaining at her place in the circle.

A big achievment when you are only 4!

I'm sure there are other achievements and sayings of little ones that could raise a smile.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Aliscat64 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:34 pm

My youngest has settled into senior school............... i was so worried as he is the biggest worrier /dramatist out of my 3 kids.

Ive wrapped nearly all my xmas prezzies :-)

Got my new oven .............other one went bang a fortnight ago, ordered a new one and it wouldnt fit in the hole left by the old one! [due to a plug!] So had to find a new cooker 3 cm smaller in depth abit of a challenge! anyway it came at the weekend and it fits and it works! huraah =] baked several cakes in celebration. :-)

And now Im off to the hairdresser......... a very long overdue appt =]
Aliscat64
UKFM Member

Postby Pepperty » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:34 pm

:lol: for the 1st time in......yonks/years I awoke without my normal accompaning lower back pain - so I spring cleaned!! my home is tidy, hoovered, mopped, polished, scrubbed - I've prepped a meal, wirebrush & detolled kitchen, even scrubbed bathroom tiles - theres 3 loads of washing drying and I tidied teen girls bedrooms and put away all the ironing ?!?!

:-D I'm now drooping and I'm sure I'll be stuck in bed tomorrow, but Hey! for me its a reason to celebrate ;-)
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby littleskibz1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:41 pm

Well done to everyone for remaining so positive.

It is that attitude from your posts which gave me the strength to continue fighting even though everyone around me has said I'm stupid to do something so high impact with my 'condition'. (Plus the physiotherapist has given up trying to tell me off, haha)

Ah well, I didn't listen to all their doom and gloom and am now on the English team in the European Karate Championships in October. Everyone better be prepared for the celebrations if I win. xxx
littleskibz1
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:25 pm

We're going to start celebrating now for you making the team :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Absolutely fantastic news as, from what I remember from some of your earlier posts, it was starting to look rather bleak on the sports/competing side at one point :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: for getting yourself into such an amazing place :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Whatever way the results from the Europeans go, we'll be :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: and eating [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: And I'll make sure we save some for you as well :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:01 pm

Wow congratulations, that is some achievment even without FM.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Gig » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:27 am

Fantastic achievements by all.

As a mother of 5 kids I couldnt be more proud of them all!
My middle daughter went for 2 auditions to play a part in a xmas pantomime. I am very pleased to say she got through and starts rehearsals very soon! She sings and dances every oportunity she gets and it makes me smile everytime!
She helps keep my spirits up when I am at my lowest and im also looking forward to seeing her up on that stage. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Gig
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Positive and Fun