[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New Hobby

New Hobby

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New Hobby

Postby diane1 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:14 pm

I have been sitting here not able to get out and sooooo bored. I then thought right I have lots of clothes I cant wear due to the weight gain and lots of heels I cant wear as my feet are to sore. I need some new clothes and retail therapy via the internet is as close as I get these days, but I needed some funds to start off the new wardrobe. EBAY I dont know why I didnt think of putting my stuff on, well I do its the effort of getting them out photographing them and putting them onto ebay.

I decided to take the bull by the horns and day one get stuff out, day two photograph it and then spend a few days putting it on. I've just finished putting the last batch on and its so theraputic. I keep checking who's bidding how much I've made and off course hwo im going to spend it.

So come on take 20 mins out each day doing it and watch the money come in. I'm excited at the moment of a bid of 99p on a bra, I think I really do need to get a life.

Diane :blowkiss:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Re: New Hobby

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 24, 2011 9:14 pm

I do what you're doing at the moment Di. I have fits when I clear things out and list them. I list them in small batches with a couple of days between each lot so I can manage the packaging without it taking too much out of me. As for getting them to the post office, that's where OH comes into play, he takes them up for me as walking there and back is too much for me :facepalm: :facepalm:

It's great when you see that first bid go on :clap: :clap: And it's even better when you get buyers in a bidding war for something you've got listed :clap: :clap: It wouldn't be the first time I've bought something off eBay only for it not to fit, so I've listed it and watched as it's goone for more than I paid for it :woot: :woot:

:goodluck2: with your eBayings, try not to make the mistake I do tho..........spend all what you've made on your listings on more stuff to fill up the wardrobe :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diane1 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Thanks

I'm like a kid all excited. I'll be getting the OH to take mine down the post office to. You never know we might buy each others stuff at some point.

I've kept my old clothes from when I was a size 12 and now i'm a 24 so theres no chance of ever getting back into them. I've kept one of each size as I live in hope. I think i've enough stuff to last months and then theres the hubbys and the kids.

Just going to check out my potential sold items.

Diane :blowkiss:
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Have fun with it Di, hope you get lots of buyers bidding on your stuff :clap: :clap: :clap: It does get addictive, so be careful. Don't list hubby when he stands still for a second will you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby budda » Wed May 25, 2011 3:16 am

Di, do you think i would get more than 99p for my bras as they are large :oops: never looked at EBAY, wouldent know what to do, heared people talk about it and buying things from it, :goodluck1: with your new hobby. :blowkiss:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby ronymark » Wed May 25, 2011 8:08 am

Hobby keep us active and fresh. My favourite Hobby are define below:

Watching Movie
Reading
Playing Cricket
ronymark
UKFM Newbie

Postby diane1 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:54 am

The Bra has so far got one bid of 99p and is the dd cup but the e cup still hasnt got a bid and yet they getmore for the money! Ive had a thought any other Ebayers out there lets all put an item on to sell thats as bizare as you can think of and see who sells theirs and makes a profit.

Just a thought but it would be fun.

I'm going to see what i've got today. :D
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu May 26, 2011 12:11 am

Please let us know what the most bizare things are and what people bid, it does sound fun, but i wouldent know were to start.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu May 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Never thought of selling my clothes, i just take them to the charity shop or wait for the bags to come through the door and put them in there. :goodluck1: dont spend it all at once. :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby diane1 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:27 pm

I used to do that as well but now "needs must" and I need new clothes as the old ones don't fit due to the meds etc. Its been less than a week and i've already made £95.96 already. I'm now hooked .

Up to now Ive sold a pair of bikini bottoms with no top for 99p . I'm trying to find something strange to put on to see if it sells. Any ideas folks ?

I'll keep you posted how it goes .

Diane

:D :D :D :blowkiss:
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri May 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Wow, thats a good amount of money Diane :clap: :clap: :clap: Wish i had thought of that last month when i took 6 black bags full of hardly worn clothes down to the charity shop. :roll: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby diane1 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:19 pm

Well the ebaying is going great i'm up to £144 . My hubby though is doing most of the work packing up the stuff and taking it to the post office.

I've sold a pair of bikini bottoms for 99p but i'm trying to think of something strange to put on just to see what happens. Any ideas folks.

:D
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 27, 2011 11:27 pm

There are people on eBay who sell things like old worn tights. They list them as a private auction, but if you look at their feedback, a lot of the buyers seem to be of the male variety. Don't know what they do with them, but they certainly seem to sell :shock: :shock: :shock:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat May 28, 2011 11:20 am

What about an odd sock :clap: :clap: :clap: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby MichelleJ » Sat May 28, 2011 5:46 pm

I love ebay. We used to run a body jewellery business on there till the fees got too much. I buy alot of my clothes off there now that moneys an issue, my latest buys were a brand new bikini, a per una swimsuit, a halterneck summer printed dress and a dress that didn't fit. I'm listing things on our local sale site on facebook, just need to get on with it!
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Positive and Fun