Fibromyalgia Stages of Grief

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Fibromyalgia Stages of Grief

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:20 am

:welcome:

I am glad you found us and came for some advice and support, it really does help especially at the beginning when you get your diagnoses and now anxious about the future.

Fibro can affect us all differently and in severity.

Lots of fibro people can still work. A lot of people have help in the work place as they can be assessed for anything that may make work life that little more comfortable. There is lots of information on the web about this :-)

If your in a council flat I would suggest you get in touch with your Housing Office/r and asked about moving to a ground floor place. You may need evidence. This maybe letters from your consultant with your diagnoses and possible letter from your GP. Also I would suggest an Occupational Therapist visit you to help with any adaptions / aids to help in mean time plus there report can help your application. If you wish to stay where you are then the OT can help with adaptions in the home.

If your really struggling on a daily basis to do the simplest of tasks and need help with these as you have no family support you can always ask Adult Social Services to come and do an assessment to see if they offer any help or leave you with some information and advice about things.

On the other side of things, your GP can refer you to services like CBT therapy to help with living with chronic pain & anxiety/depression. Lots of info here about CBT (put CBT in the search bar top of page) or on the internet to see if you feel its what you may consider.

There is also lots of information on this forum on explaining Fibro to people maybe this can be printed off and given to members of the church? If you feel it may be of any help.

An anxiety sufferer myself I know how your head is spinning right now. Im the same ATM with another possible diagnoses that I am searching for info about and seeking advice. I found visiting my GP with all my worries and fears a great help. I let off all that was spinning around and my GP managed to ground me so to speak. I hope you have a good GP you can chat with?

We are also here to help you so just ask away and let off anything you need to :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby VixxRivs77 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Hello everyone! Just wanted to post a quickie to say a BIG THANK YOU to you all for such a warm welcome to the forum and for all your advice and kind words, it really does mean the world to me! :-D :-D :-D :-D
I'm due to have another appointment with my consultant at some point (they're sending it through the post) and will also book an appointment with my GP to talk things through a bit more with him. :fingerscrossed:
I don't remember much about my appointment with the consultant on Friday last week as was so anxious and nervous about it, but I do remember he said something about getting me onto a course to help with pain management, etc and also something about getting an occupational therapist and some physio, although I don't know much more than that, sadly.
Hopefully things will start falling into place soon. I hope so.
Must admit, my friends have been brilliant with me this weekend and very supportive. I told my mum earlier that I had been diagnosed with Fibro and she wasn't really bothered about it. :( :( She was more worried about losing her sympathy within the family and all the attention she receives, even though she has it herself! :swear1: :shooting: :face-slap: :facepalm: :nono: :-x Didn't expect any compassion or anything from her anyway, to be honest, but it still hurts that she can't be more supportive! :( Ah, well, her loss not mine.
Am feeling a bit grim today, :sleep: :sick: it feels like a combination of doing 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, being a zombie and being drunk all at the same time, even though I haven't had a drink in ages. :wine: :wine: (I dare not with all the meds I'm on!) :needhug:
Anyway, I hope you're all having a good day in spite of the symptoms, etc. :-) Many thanks again for all the info, advice and the warm welcome. :-D :-D It's nice to be able to feel like I'm not going :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: for a change!
Sending you all lots of love and big gentle hugs. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :blowkiss:
xxxx :-)
"Nothing is Impossible with God."
VixxRivs77
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:04 am

You should get a copy letter from your consultant to your GP.

This will have all the info you spoke about and diagnoses and treatment plan etc...

So don't worry about forgetting what was said as this letter will say all and remind you :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Lolabean » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:33 pm

I got paid off last June when it was apparent I was incapable of doing my job, by that point I couldn't do very much at all. I felt if someone had punched me in the guts, it hurt.
Four days later I lost my dad, the colour was now out the world, to be honest I don't even know what world I was on, it's all a blur.
To get to the point, I felt immense overwhelming loss. I missed my dad but I felt if I had buried my old self too.

So just want to say thank you for this thread as I now know that I wasn't going crazy and I think I've realised I might be coming to terms with how much my life and I have changed.
I even think I can see some colour coming back into the world.
Lolabean
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibrochick888 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:55 pm

For me, it's taken me a long while to accept that I'm in pain 24/7 and to accept that there are things I struggle to do every day and impact it has on my emotional health.
it took two hours of non-stop crying to realise the other day that I couldn't take my jeans off because of the pain. I had to wait till the flare had passed and then I could so I get into bed. I felt like an utter fool, embarrassed even there was only me in the house and I was angry with myself because I'm a 31-year-old woman, I have undressing/dressing myself for 30 years and now in 2018, I'm struggling to get pyjamas on and gather enough energy to lift the kettle up to make cup of tea.
why can't my body just behave for gods sake?
fibrochick888
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia