[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Fibromyalgia Stages of Grief

Fibromyalgia Stages of Grief

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Fibromyalgia Stages of Grief

Postby Loz23McG » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Loz23McG
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:56 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby steve3 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Have to admit I bounce between everything except shock. Been suffering for years without any diagnosis until mention of it recently. I even have moments of acceptance, but spend most of my time between anger/depression and occasionally between looking for answers/acceptance. I think the Aspie part of my brain gets hung up on trying to analyse the impossible.
SteveT :penguin:
----
Dyslexic Bipolar Aspie. Having 'Fun' trying to decipher the universe every day... and then no energy to actually do it. FMS squared.

Carpe Diem: A jewel encrusted fish!
steve3
UKFM Member

Postby RooRoo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi, my name is cindy, i am 56yr and after many many years of suffering, i have finaly got the answer FM, i just wondered if any-one has been on the 6 sessions that the doctor is refering me on, "how to live with FM" i carnt seem to find any write up about them and wondered if any-one could enlighten me a little? :?
RooRoo
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lubilou » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:28 pm

6 session is a cognitive behavioral therapy.
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Postby Jan42 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:24 pm

try to have a smile on my face even if I'm not smiling on the inside
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:38 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby karen42 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:34 pm

We do go through the grief of knowing we have fibro.I had a good idea i had it before i was diagnoised with it.When other health problems arrive i try not to think about them because i get so fed up with health problems.
karen42
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi Max and :welcome: to the forum, pop over to the where to say hello thread is and give a quick intro to yourself if you feel like it, dont worry to much about where you put a post while you are so new thats what us mods are here for. You'll get to grips with things soon :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby triciagor » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:44 pm

Hi shaqz,

I am fighting my way through all the stages you mentioned but I find that - denial, depression, acceptance are the stages I am going through right now. For a long time I tried to convince myself that what was happening to my body just wasnt happening. I just never wanted to come to terms with it. The underlying depression that as come with it, the lact in my ability to do so many things I used to enjoy that I know I can never entertain again is truly upsetting. Unless I can come to terms with these two stages then I will never be able to fully accept all that as changed in my life and the fact that fibromyalgia is here to stay like it or not. I hoped that by joining this forum and talking to others I could go through the stages of grief with moral support from other suffers. I think its too much to offload on my kids, time will tell if I will come accept my lot. :(
triciagor
UKFM Member

Postby Helz54 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:49 pm

I have had a bad day today, so I feel I have been through all the 'stages of grief' today. I was diagnosed with FMS about nine moths ago, but have only joined the forum today. It is really helpful to find that you are not going through the symptoms alone. I think it is hard for family and friends to understand just how you feel so it's nice to share feelings with others that understand.
Helz54
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jan42 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby Helz54 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks for your support Jan. :fingerscrossed: tomorrow will be a better day.
Helz54
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jan42 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Lots of gentle :hugs: Helz
Just think, we have an extra hour in bed tonight that we don't need to account for (Shazq just reminded me :facepalm: )
That should definitely help, especially in this weather :D
Snuggle up with some [chocolate] :cake: a good film & a box of tissues. Don't forget the teddy to cuddle into :hugs:
Hope you feel better soon :flowers: :hugs:
Jan x
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:33 pm

:welcome: to the forum Helz :wave: :wave:

When you're feeling up to it, if you'd like to tell us about yourself in "Where To Say Hello" it would be nice to "meet" you :wave: :wave:

Like Jan has said, if you need to let anything out, want to know anything or anything, it's not usually long before someone has come along and left you a reply, even if it's just to offer :wine: :wine: [chocolate] [chocolate] :cake: :cake: :hugs: :hugs: And we can sometimes leave a sensible answer if that is what is needed :clap: :clap:

Have a look round as there is a lot of advice and info on here, and you may find some suggestions that help you :cup1: :cup1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

PreviousNext

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia