[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Problem Solving

Problem Solving

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Problem Solving

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Thank you nutty :oops: :oops: :) I hope things are starting to look a bit brighter for you now :hugs: :hugs: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: You know we're always around for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Miranda1987 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:08 am

Thank you for that FluppyPuffy, that is a good run-down of what you should do to solve a problem. Unfortunately in my case it usually involves other people who are not prepared to help you solve that problem :roll: .........

But it definitely helps everyone work out a problem rather than sticking your head in the sand over it. Mind you, I think I always over-anaylyse (spelt right?) things. But I find it helps as well to talk things out with someone else if you can't do it on your own, sometimes a fresh opinion from someone else also helps you work out a problem :)

Asfor ironing, clothes get put away, then ironed if need be when I need to wear them lol!......I find if you let them dry hanging up they sometimes lose most of the creases-at least that's what I tell myself! :D
You only regret the things you haven't done in life-so do everything you can! :D

That's right, I said fibromyalgia is a bain in my pottom!.........Oh, wait!
Miranda1987
UKFM Member

Postby RetiredBridgeburner » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:55 pm

That's really great Fluffy, thank you :) x
RetiredBridgeburner
UKFM Member

Postby BonnGayle » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Ironing ahhhh well not a total solution more of a work around ...so If Hubbs buys shirts I make him buy the non iron ones , then I hang them to dry on a hanger and most times they dont need an Iron secondly I dont iron much , I have friends that Iron vests and sheets I think thats just :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: NUTS!, learn to live with crumpled and consider ironing when your buying clothes I buy a lot of things that have the crushed look built in so no ironing needed, saying that work clothes for me is pretty smart casual if I had to wear suits or something I would deffo have issues !
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:24 pm

For ironing I invested in a steamer, like the ones they use in shops. Put clothes on a hanger, wave the steam wand over them, hey presto - creases gone. I sit on a tall stool to do mine, all done very quickly & easily.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Problem Solving

Postby toplessbug » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:05 pm

toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby MerlinAmanda » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:30 pm

This made me smile not in a nasty or sarcastic way, but this being my first day here I still think I am a complete NUT job, and so does my family, bless them. Whenever I tell them about my head and whats going on they say oh yes that's like me, we all forget things. So I am led to believe I am a fake and making a fuss over nothing. I have started having to do my own shopping as I fell out with my sister, again over my condition but it's driving me to tears I cannot focus on what I want, I try making lists and even take them with me and forget I have it with me. I find I am getting more and mre anxious and angry. And to top it all I have always been led to believe FM is an imaginary illness. :cry:
MerlinAmanda
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:39 pm

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:29 pm

I resemble that remark Queenie :D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:30 pm

im sure one day my mum told me my paper weight was called an iron, and she thought my beginers surf board was an ironing board, i had to heave it out the cupboard where it hides as its rather heavy and show her how its meant to be used, the big flat bit goes on the water or snow (your preference) it has adjustable height seat and handle to help you balance, for some reason she fell to the floor and rolled around laughing!!! :lol:
galio
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia