Bunion on foot

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bunion on foot

Postby blueeyes64 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:50 am

I had a car accident about 6 years ago and my left foot slammed into the side of the break pedal.It was painful for some time and then i noticed a bony lump had formed on the inside of my foot.It causes me a burning pain an hurts after walking for a while and certain shoes dont fit me because of it.A Dr said it was a bunion.When i went to physio with my knee last year she said did i know i had flat feet ? I said no.She had some insteps made for me to put in my shoes.Ive read that bunions can be part of fibro and also hypermobility conditions.
Does anyone else have fhis ? Also i notice that if i bang a joint it takes weeks to get anything like back to normal.I knocked my elbow on a chair weeks hago now and it still gives me pain, my other elbow hurts at times too but no as much.
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Re: Bunion on foot

Postby animalhouse » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:53 pm

i do get lots of painful joints and bruises from accidents i didnt realise i had as i am probably on that many pain killers i dont feel it at times.

i have hypermobility but not bunions, but where do yo mean exactly as i think i have noticed on my bit toe that it seems to be turning in gradually so can make the ball of the foot/big toe look like it is protruding.

go easy with the bumps and bangs. :wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:02 am

Its just down a bit from the base of my big toe.on my right foot its more or less straight on the outer edge with a slight curve wheras on my left foot it significantly protrudes out more and is always painful if pressed and i get a burning pain there and around it.Unfortunately i do seem to be very clumsy a lot of the time ! Today i banged my head on the door frame dont ask me how lol ! but i have a small bruised lump on my eyebrow as a consequence :swear1:
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:21 am

coordination is just bonkers now isnt it.

when i try and take lactulose that is in a bottle, i have to open bottle, pur on a spoon, then put lid back on . but have spoon in hand. :wave:

but the three things just flumax me sometimes,i end up with things in wrong order, such as picking glass up to drink, instead of putting lid back on bottle first
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Queenie_70 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:37 pm

This is an old post, but my mother has pointed out that the painful lump on my big toe joint could be a bunion. I had never thought of that, just lived with it as one does, but I think she may be right having read the NHS descriptive.

I think I am off to the GP next week to see if they have a recommendation for treatment, but I do not like the thought that it might come back even after surgery. I had a mass removed from the back of my hand years ago, and within six months that grew back, so I wouldn't want to go through the annoyance of surgery, just to be back at square one again.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia