A LETTER TO YOUR LOVED ONES

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: A LETTER TO YOUR LOVED ONES

Postby susan steel » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Just a few things about me.. :(

i was diagnosed 10 years ago and they know i have had this horried fm since i was 16 years old

but as they didnt know about this fm then not alot they could say when i used to go back to doctors and hospital all the time with pains

they used to travel around my body when i was that age and they used to say it was growing pain hehehehe i am now 49. keep well as you

keep as well as you can and no matter how sore you feel move as much as possibl.. I still work for my self but have the winters off and

go to spain for the heat..

have agreat christmas sue :-)
Last edited by susan steel on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
susan steel
UKFM Member

Re: A LETTER TO YOU LOVED ONES

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 pm

You shouldn't have mentioned about going to Spain, a disorderly crowd is building up behind me, all wanting to squash into your hand luggage and go with you 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Sorry Sue, I can't sticky the post so it stays at the top as we're maxxed out with the number we can have on the boards. Maybe you could put a linky to it in your signature box with a brief explanation about what it is, that way whenever anyone looks at things you've posted, it will be there for them to look at/read.

That's the only sensible alternative option I can come up with I'm afraid, apologies for it not being quite what you were wanting to happen with it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby livewithfibro » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:28 pm

This is amazing. May I share this on my blog?
livewithfibro
UKFM Member

Postby Foggys » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 am

That's great
Last edited by Foggys on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deb Cooke
Groups Founder & Leader
Foggy's "invisible illness" Support

07396 161265
Between 12 – 3pm
MONDAY-FRIDAY
(voice mail available 24/7)

http://www.foggys.net
Foggys
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks for sharing Susan. :clap: :clap: :xmaswave1:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby susan steel » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:17 pm

thank you all so much i hope this will help people as it has me .

my children.. friends/ and love ones now understand why im like i am :-

Its very hard to try and tell people how you feel esspecially the ones you love

now i just copy it off and give them it and say read it .Then come back and judge me .

It really has help me and to make people understand why im always down and hurting and not the same person they once new.

next year when i come to spain for the winter i will let you know and i can see how many will fit in my motorhome ..

takecare sue xxxx
susan steel
UKFM Member

Postby snowwhite1610 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:02 am

hi all :wave: :wave:

thank god i scrolled down and read comments after this post. it took me over half an hour to read that as its what i have been wanting to say to my family and friends since being diagnosed but didnt know how to explain. why you ask did it take me over half an hour to read this.......because the tears!! your letter (which i will be printing off if you dont mind) was so personal to all of us sufferers its like we had written it ourselves. well me anyway.

my hubby keeps going on about my sleep pattern and saying its because i have myself gotten into a weird sleep pattern.trying to explain to him its not my fault is like banging my head against a brick wall!!. so i will show him your post and watch and wait for it to sink in and then the apology. not saying he is a bad hubby but he just doesnt seem to understand (mainly the sleep problem) and its so frustrating. he is learning to understand the rest of the illness but at the same pace as me. so i suppose we are learning together. which is lovely that we can share this.

so thankyou very much. will let you know of his reaction after he has read it. xxxxx
snowwhite1610
UKFM Member

Postby Tally1068 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:11 am

That's an excellent letter, Susan. Although posted 2 years ago it is so relevant.

I don't have anyone close, living on my own is often good as there's no one to moan to (except the dog). I don't have to worry about upsetting anyone. On the other hand it can be lonely and isolating having nobody to give you a hug or just be around.
My friends don't understand anything about fibro and I think I'm going to print a few copies off just to get them to understand it when I cancel things at the last minute or forget my own name. That's one of the things which seems to have got much worse lately - my short term memory. As my father died from Alzheimers and Mum had dementia before she died, it gets very scary to realise how bad it's got. You automatically assume the worst.

Thank you for writing it. It sums up so much about this condition that are hard for me to take on board, let alone others. :pull-hair: :yikes: (I'm having one of those days!)
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby spencebel » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Wow. An amazing letter. Does exactly what is says in the tin............ Thank you.
spencebel
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia