Pins & needles, runny nose

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pins & needles, runny nose

Postby Tricia_TD » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm wondering if these are symptoms of Fibro...

I often get pins & needles in my lower legs and hands & fingers.
Every time I eat something, from a sandwich to a proper meal, I get a runny nose. Going out for a curry is a nightmare! :facepalm:

Tricia
Endometriosis ~ Depression ~ Anxiety ~ Sleep Apnoea ~ Fibromyalgia

http://endosistersuk.freeforums.org/index.php Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Re: Pins & needles, runny nose

Postby denys » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Cant see that getting a runny nose is fibro related :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: but the pins and needles yes lots of members have mentioned having them but if its a new thing then we always advise getting it checked out with your doc
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:06 pm

I was wondering if the runny nose might be food related, the various preservatives used in food can trigger such a response, as well as headaches/migraines. It's not just MSG that can cause it, there are several others used as well. There are other potential causes that could be responsible, or a mix of things :dunno: :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tricia_TD » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:22 pm

I've been consulting Dr. Google and came across this regarding my runny nose http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/fi ... ptoms.html . Looks like yet another visit to my GP.

Tricia

http://endosistersuk.freeforums.org/index.php Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:11 am

Hi Tricia,

I have been having a bad flare for the past 3 months and during this time I have had a chronic cough, itchy ears and my sinuses have been making a thick clear mucus. My doctor has carried out various tests and I also had an allergy test, nothing shows up. My GP has suggested that it must be down to Fibro causing these extreme sensitivities.
The chronic cough is keeping me awake as too is the extreme pain in my arms back and shoulders, bugga.
I get the pins and needles too.

Lola x
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby doctoria71 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:12 am

not the runny nose, but the pins and needles are a symptom. :crazy:
doctoria71
UKFM Member

Postby Tricia_TD » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:36 pm

lolabolla wrote:Hi Tricia,

I have been having a bad flare for the past 3 months and during this time I have had a chronic cough, itchy ears and my sinuses have been making a thick clear mucus. My doctor has carried out various tests and I also had an allergy test, nothing shows up. My GP has suggested that it must be down to Fibro causing these extreme sensitivities.
The chronic cough is keeping me awake as too is the extreme pain in my arms back and shoulders, bugga.
I get the pins and needles too.

Lola x

Hi Lola,

That sounds horrible :hugs: . Have you tried Pholcodine cough bottle? Ask for it at the chemist if you haven't. I hope you find some relief soon.

Tricia

Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Thanks Tricia, I'll try anything to get some relief. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Lola x
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi
I get pins & needles in my fingers and my feet but i dont get a runny nose. :dunno:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Pholcodine cough stuff is the only thing that make a difference to a horrible viral-type thing that DS gets several times a year. It doesn't really have a pleasant taste, but is one of the few over counter things I've found that does anything close to what the label says :-? :-?

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:45 pm

I get pins and needles and ofren have itchy ears and runny nose but dont know if its allergy related or what.I often am worse after eatin or while in the kitchen when cooking .
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Postby Jull » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:17 am

Sometimes I get needles and pain in my fingers, my friends said it would be trigger finger.
I googled it but seemed not really..
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... n-20043819
https://authorityremedies.com/home-reme ... er-finger/
And I always get runny nose when someone wear perfumes :(
Jull
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia