pain in Buttocks

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pain in Buttocks

Postby TracyDiane » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am

Hi, Does anyone suffer with really painful buttocks, a strong pain that comes on, feels like its in the bones, then feels numb at other times sometimes? any suggestions what I can do to help this?
TracyDiane :-)
TracyDiane
UKFM Member

Re: pain in Buttocks

Postby cherryblossom » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:41 am

Hi. I have had this on several occasions. I found it very painful and even more uncomfortable to sit on! Sadly I didn't find much that helped except sit on my side and have lots of soft cushions. Sorry not muchmore help. :fingerscrossed: it'll go soon. Take care. Cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:38 am

Yes I do occasionally hot water bottles are the only thing I have found to help :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Roseofsharon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:45 am

Unfortunately so do I. I don't really have an answer as to what helps though sorry. I'm still experimenting.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby newey » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:04 am

I get this all the time and wen I told my doctor and pain clinic they both said it was the siatic nerve that causes the pain
I dunno if that's any help x
newey
UKFM Member

Postby trafficklights » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:51 pm

I get it too. I also get sudden sharp painful stabbing pains that are so bad and so sudden they make me jump. (only jumping I can do these days and I don't think I'll be ready in time for the olympics) I did at one time before diagnosed think someone had poked me with something sharp.
I can't sit for too long in one place and sometimes sitting on a rubber ring helps, sometimes it has to be a proper cushion it varies from day to day.
trafficklights
UKFM Member

Postby ITbird » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi Yes I also go it often. It can travel along the top of the buttock then down the hip and leg... Sometimes reaching the toes.

This is the pathway for the sciatic nerve and is known as sciatica. Unfortunately like fibro it has no treatment or cure other than physio and painkillers

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Fletch x
ITbird
UKFM Member

Postby TracyDiane » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Thank you very much for all your replies, good grief its so intense this pain, yes when sitting down its dreadful and when standing up its not much better, I will try extra cushions and hot water bottle too to see if it gives me any relief. I seem to be continuously rubbing radian B cream into it. Today I went into the garden and just lifting the washing basket to the washing line gave me a dreadful intense pain which seemed to inside somewhere its difficult to explain its location, but the pain which followed in the buttocks was absolutely awful. Im afraid to say I was in tears and reaching for the co-codamol that my GP gave me. I felt so helpless at just trying to attempt a normal everyday task. :cry: Im just pleased I haven't got to do that again today. So that's one good thing.

Thank you for all your help it is so very much appreciated. Went to my GP today for other reason, and was told my referal to Guys hospital has been sent, So im trying to patiently await my appointment, but the pain really is a pain. :(
TracyDiane
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:45 am

i have this its sciatica as above said buttocks, hips, leg down to toes and soles of feet.

find a good website showing diagrams of sciatica travelling down leg. this is as a result of something such as a compressed never in the vertebrae so depending on where it is is where you get pain down to toes, across top of foot, ankle, back of leg.

sorry cant remember but look it up and may help.

i jsut prop a cushion under one side. had steroid injections in hip/bursiits and just taking pain killers.

hydrotherapy has been great for releiving it and i focused on stretching back so stand by side of pool, hold onto sides and do spidermanc walk up wall of pool even if only a couple of steps it helps to stretch back.

ask dr for physio referral then they refer to hydro
:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby mand » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:23 am

Hi, yep i get pain in that area :roll: , and like you have explained pain sometimes bearable and sometimes stop me in my tracks :shock: and im "ouching",hobbling and licking my wounds :yikes: i can.. depending on which pain it is if bearable walk it off, i find warmth helps, shower aimed at back area and then stretching a little, and putting a cushion and gingerly sitting on one cheek :oops: it radiates around hip area with spasms as well and then down top of leg i have foot/toe pain but never associated it with my back......well we can literally say that we are" pains in the bums", official :-D

i have hydro :crazy: :-D oohhh it's the highlight of the week, it helps with excersises feel more liberated, relaxes me for a while, i do get bouts of fatigue and at times im sore....but hey...it's worthwhile i wish i could attend more sessions a week if they would let me, to me it's very benefical...look into hydro you will need a referal from gp presume to see physio..............take care...mandy
mand
UKFM Member

Postby KTN86 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Will have to try a hot water bottle for my ass-ache :-) sometimes walking it off helps, other times it's sometimes beneficial to try and massage the area, just make sure you're not at work when you do it, you get funny looks lol
Well this is a magical trip to the wrong side of the wardrobe.....
KTN86
UKFM Member

Postby Salgor » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Yes, I get this too. I have sufferred in the past with painful sciatica and this feels like sciatica but doesn't travel down my leg like sciatica (a bit like a Golf :lol:) . I can actually put my finger on the painful spot on both buttocks. I find that sitting on a memory pillow helps a bit.

Sally
Salgor
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Have got constant sore butt, nowt helps....... :(
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby TracyDiane » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Mine seems to have eased off today, its still there but not as intense, Ive had the most awful headache for a day and night also. Ive been up most the night last night with it, Ive felt awful. I will be pleased to find out what on earth is going on with me Still awaitng my appointment :-? I will be going to Guys hospital in london and hope it will be soon. it has been very interesting reading all the replies to the post. Thank you very much. :-D
TracyDiane
UKFM Member

Postby sharon28 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:30 am

Hi all,

After a few months of suffering buttock, leg pain, which my doctor must have observed as i hobble in pain into her room for appointments, i mentioned it to her. I go to a Fibromyalgia group at my local hospital. Its a course of 8, 1 per week run by the physio's there. The physio told me is was not a Fibro thing and that i should tell my doctor. I just seem to put everything down to Fibro including this dreadful pain in the bum, etc!!
Well today i'm going for an xray to rule out any hip problem (it's not my hip. I can tell) The diagnosis will be sciatica if my xray is ok. I just wished my dr had enquired earlier. I'm newly diagnosed. Still coming to terms with this horrible condition and assumed it was Fibro. Its easy now just to blame everything on Fibro.
Fed up with traipsing back and forth to the hospital and dr's!!
I sometimes feel like i need a walking stick because the pain is so bad sometimes. I have to hang onto my partner if we go out, for support. Does anyone else use a walking aid for this?

Many thanks,

Sharon xx :cup1:
sharon28
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia