pain in Buttocks

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: pain in Buttocks

Postby TracyDiane » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Sharon,

I have to hold on to my partner when we go out, if I have the pain as I also get sudden electric shocks in the leg and that makes me stop in my tracks. i dont feel stable at all when that occurs. I was thing that a stick might help when walking, but earlier I tried to walk my two basset hounds which are very good on the lead and dont pull at all, I found I could only manage a very short distance before the pains got bad and I had to return. I walk like a snail so slow as it hurts so much to take big strides. People around my community village have stated to ask me what's wrong with me but I just wish I knew myself. I cant really tell them I have a pain in the Butt!! :nono: its so embarrasing and worst of all so devestating as I cannot walk my dogs like I used to. I live for my dogs and it breaks my heart that I just simply cannot go far. :( I going off to London to see Rhumatologiist soon so hopefully I will get to the bottom of it (ha-ha bottom of it) :lol:
TracyDiane :-)
TracyDiane
UKFM Member

Postby TracyDiane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:55 pm

I had the most awful excruciating pain I would say it was as bad as the start intensity of contractions when having a baby It all flared up again so bad in my buttocks and legs that I could hardly walk at all I went to A&E in the end as I just could not get on top of the pain it was awful...I was a bit embarrased to say the least to end up in A&E :oops:

I was told I had sciatica, and that I must go to my GP and ask for a MRI scan I explained Im off to London But told to do this anyway.

So im still in pain been on the co-codamol and Brufen syrup But couldnt take the Brufen syrup

I went numb in the buttocks and legs its was awful but its slowly getting there. I have now a pain in the base of the spine so im propped up with pillow and getting up every so often for a walk around the room.

I have tried a couple of stretching exercises that I found on the internet, where you lay on your back with your legs bent slightly up, then you bend your knee and bring one leg towards your chest, I was holding on to my leg as it was so painful to start, you basically do this with one leg and hold it there in position for 15 seconds put the leg back and then try the other, holding it there for 15 secsonds, you do this three times on each leg and then bend and raise both legs to your chest together hold for 15 seconds and then thats it, I have found this to be quite good in helping. I have been doing this three times a day. If I find the link I will post it the section for whats helps, :-D

Thanks for all the posts its been good to see that I am not the only one who has suffered with this impossible painful thing. the pain felt like it was in the bones of the buttock, just awful. :-x
TracyDiane
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi
Glad the stretching exercises are helping ease your pain. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tillyjane67 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:49 am

I've had this today, really badly in my left leg. I havent known what to do with it. As some of you have said.. its from bum cheek to the toes.. Off to bed shortly, where i shall be laying with various shaped cushions, under my hips, between my knee's and anywhere else i can shove one :lol: :lol: :lol:
tillyjane67
UKFM Newbie

Postby TracyDiane » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:07 pm

oh, dear tillyjane, I know what pain your in, its simply awful isn't it. its been unrelenting for me. Lets hope it leaves you as quick as it came on :hugs: Im off to my Rheumatology appointment on the 6th February and that simply cant come quick enough for me. Had to have an xray on my lumbar spine today as still in pain but not quite as bad. Other half being really good, making dinner now. :-D
I hope you get some relief tillyjane
TracyDiane
UKFM Member

Postby Quirister » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:28 pm

As I sit here in great discomfort I was idly searching the net regarding severe pain in the backside I came across this thread and felt a compulsion to join the debate.
I have suffered from sciatica, on & off, for over 40 years and can say that this pain is totally different.
Sciatica is a pain similar to toothache which runs from the top of my butt to the toes, but this is pain is more like a severe muscle pain much like being kicked in the backside.
As yet I have not found a comfortable solution & as I walk with two sticks, walking around for a while is not an option.
Pain killers don't help and neither does my tens machine. Lying face down hand having a massage may be beneficial but where am I going to find someone to do that when ever required?
Quirister
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tracie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Mine is really sore.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly1972 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Thank goodness for this forum, it's nice to know I'm not the only one with random pains, I do feel a bit self conscious rubbing my right bum cheek out in public places though!!! I have had a bout of sciatica a few months ago, but this is in a different place to that. My partner says its cos I sit on my backside too much , ha ha ha. Funny how he always runs out the room when he says things like that. :-)
Hope you find a reason for the pain.
Butterfly1972
Butterfly1972
UKFM Newbie

Postby pj1943 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:51 pm

I was so glad to find this topic and answers as I've been suffering from this pain in the left buttock and top of my leg for nearly 2 years. Prior to that I had a year of it in my right buttock. My doc says its fibro and that there is nothing anyone can do. I'm taking 12 hour slow release dihydrocodeine and gabapentiene and also paracetamol but none of them help. When I go out in the car I have to hang onto the door to get to my feet and then stand for a wee while before moving slowly (in pain). I asked for a scan but she didn't seem keen and did everything to dissuade me. I try to get excercise as far as poss but this is limited too. I asked about sticks or crutches to help but she said they were dangerous as you trip over them!! I also asked about being refered to hospital but she said the reumotologist was not interested in fibro so it would be a waste of time. I have had fibro in various stages for 30 years.

Thanks for all the posts I have read and for once I have found something I can relate to.
pj1943
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia