I have been told the truth : Fibromyalgia doesn't exist

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Katblack » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:09 am

I am a fake and fraud and so is everyone here. FM does not exist.

All our aches and pains are 'normal' aches and pains that everyone gets, its just that we moan louder about them and go to the doctors, then the medication we are given gives us all the other effects like dizziness, headaches, twitches etc etc every 'other' symptom of FM is a side effect of a drug you are taking, so suck it up, stop taking pain killers, stop moaning and get on with your life like everyone else does.

ETA : If you are new to this thread, please read the WHOLE thing BEFORE you comment...

Please visit this link it explains why Kat started this post

www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13981
Last edited by denys on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: To explain why the OP started this post!!!!
Kat x

Scoliosis, 2 major spinal surgeries, DDD in neck and lumbar spine, Spondylolisthesis, HMS and now FM!
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.
Katblack
UKFM Member

Re: I have been told the truth : Fibromyalgia doesn't exist

Postby SchroedingersCat » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:17 am

Fascinating. I wonder how they explain people like me who dont take ANY drugs but still have all those annoying 'side effects'?
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby Shelleigh » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:24 am

Was going to say, I am not taking anything at the moment lol.
Shelleigh
UKFM Member

Postby Aneary » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:25 am

Yes totally, I don't take any meds but have the dizziness and blurred vision, let's just hope these spiteful narrow minded people never have to suffer with this....
Aneary
UKFM Member

Postby Grandmasuzey » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:33 am

On the contrary I hope they do and then we can fight for who gets to say "told you!"
Grandmasuzey
UKFM Newbie

Postby Seashell79 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:47 am

WeLl I am sorry but I wish I could give them our pain for a day. Yesterday was horrendous pain wise for me had to resort to dizapan to knock me out.
Seashell79
UKFM Newbie

Postby yaz » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:01 am

I would love to knock out anyone who would ever say this to my face...

Everyday I just think I can't do another day!! Wish they knew what we feel like everyday.
YAZ XXX

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss
yaz
UKFM Member

Postby MelanieB » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:04 am

The only thing I can suggest is if this is a friend, they are no friend and I would distance yourself from them, and if it's your doctor then I would complain to your local Patient's Advisory Liaison Service (PALS) and change doctors immediately.

You do not need people like this in your life. Do not take any of this to heart. FM is real and there are lots of medical professionals out there that know this.

Chin up. xxx
Melanie B
XxXxX
MelanieB
UKFM Member

Postby paulyarwooduk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:14 am

Hmm I've had all those symptoms for over 20 years since I was 14 and I've only recently started to take medication for it. If everyone else ion the entire world suffers from the same pain as I do and to the same extreme then the human condition has taken a very serious turn for the worst.

I try not to get mad because that causes stress which in turn puts me in to more pain, but this post has really got to me. I was having a good day until I read this. Cheers for that.
paulyarwooduk
UKFM Member

Postby Vixnicholson1987 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:52 am

Katblack I find this offensive to all fm suffers . How do you explain people like paulyarwooduk and like my self and other suffers . That have had these symptoms all are life's . I my self have been suffering since I was 5 yrs old with these symptoms and only been dx for a few weeks and only been on meds for just over a week . I would love for you to explain to use all how you came to conclusion that we are all fakes .

Kind regards to all fm suffers
Vixnicholson1987
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:55 am

I have been dxd with Fibro after 5 years in the 5 years I have never taken anything apart from paracetamol for O/A which eventually realized that is was these that was giving me headache so stop taking them .so perhaps that knowledge person would like to explain why we all get the same symptom's when we have not been on any meds .
At this moment my face hurts my eyes are sore my legs feel like lead ,my shoulders feel like I have been carrying sack of potatoes on them, my back aches my neck hurts .

May be you should direct them to this forum and then see if there still have the same opinion.
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Vixnicholson1987 wrote:Katblack I find this offensive to all fm suffers . How do you explain people like paulyarwooduk and like my self and other suffers . That have had these symptoms all are life's . I my self have been suffering since I was 5 yrs old with these symptoms and only been dx for a few weeks and only been on meds for just over a week . I would love for you to explain to use all how you came to conclusion that we are all fakes .

Kind regards to all fm suffers

I think the OP was refering to her own problems fighting the condition and how her family/friends/GP see the illness.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Em c » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:23 pm

There is loads of clinical evidence that our pain is real, that we have more pain sensors, more substance p etc. I'll find a link so you can 'prove' that you are definitely not a fake and nor are all us other sufferers.

It makes me cross, what do they think we have to gain by not being able to lead the lives we'd all love to lead. Who would choose to live like a fibro sufferer?

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/b/2012/ ... r=facebook

It's written in a simple way because we are obviously dealing with a simple person here! Grrrr.

At least you have us to talk to when others are so cruel.

Em x x x
Em c
UKFM Member

Postby swbadcock » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Have to laugh at that , i suppose we sufferers are abnormal , some say its in our heads and some say it really is a debilitating disease all i can say is that i feel the experts even argue over it so i,m not going to get involved , all i now is i have been diagnosed with it and it hearts as well as all the other side effects.
swbadcock
UKFM Member

Postby Katblack » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Kat x

Scoliosis, 2 major spinal surgeries, DDD in neck and lumbar spine, Spondylolisthesis, HMS and now FM!
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.
Katblack
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia