Sweating - this is awful !!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Salgor » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:17 pm

My body thermostat has finally given up the ghost. I take really bad sweats several times a day. The perspiration literally runs down my face, my back and my hair goes really wet and lank. This is so uncomfortable - a lot worse than the flushes I used to get during the menopause. :roll: Anybody suffer like this.

Sally
Salgor
UKFM Member

Re: Sweating - this is awful !!

Postby denys » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Yes its awful there are other posts on this subject so have a look through to see if anyone had any tips that may help you (I dont, havent found anything to help!!!!)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tazza » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Oh yeah right there with you drives me :crazy:
Tara xx

FM/CF June 2011
tazza
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest2012 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Same here, I now take a bath everyday (tho the water causes me pain) and the next morning i'm covered in sweat again, like I never had a bath in the first place. Grrr :(
Lemonzest2012
UKFM Member

Postby coldon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:27 pm

i could fill buckets every day its so embarrassing
coldon
UKFM Newbie

Postby andy2210 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:57 pm

ive always sweated alot but now im like a constant shower.it really takes it out of me too :(
andy2210
UKFM Member

Postby sknowles456 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:11 pm

i tend to sweat in the mornings, it runs down my back, only been happening recently but all my fm symptoms have been worse recently! Suzy x
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby wolfstar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:14 pm

on 3rd T shirt of the day, trouble is it makes more work for wifey (not realy fare) :(
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Postby Ria Landon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Me too. Was wondering if I was starting the menopause (another thing to add to my list of ailments!) My gp doesn't think so (I'm 45) but is doing a blood test next week. Horrid sweats just come on suddenly. I never thought it could be Fibro until I saw this post. never had a hot flush so I'm not sure of the difference but I don't get the hot feeling rising in my chest, neck and face like a hot flush is described just suddenly start sweating!! Like you say, very embarrassing!

Thanks for posting :-D
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Postby Graciebaby » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:30 am

Me too.
It certainly isn't the menopause with me. I was wondering if it was my meds? I'm on Lyrica and Duloxetine.
It starts quite suddenly and it's so bad that I feel the sweat droplets running through my hair.....yuk.
I know this spell of warm weather isn't helping, but this happens when the weather is ok as well.

This condition is a barrel of laughs isn't it :-?
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby wolfstar » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:17 am

Graciebaby wrote:Me too.
It certainly isn't the menopause with me. I was wondering if it was my meds? I'm on Lyrica and Duloxetine.
It starts quite suddenly and it's so bad that I feel the sweat droplets running through my hair.....yuk.
I know this spell of warm weather isn't helping, but this happens when the weather is ok as well.

This condition is a barrel of laughs isn't it :-?

I also sweat during normal weather, but its usually when i'm in bed no clothes,nocovers and window open. i just dont sweat quite as much.

the only thing is its still embarrising even though me and wifey have bee together 17 years
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Postby toplessbug » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:45 am

Me too.
I sweat like mad always red faced.

Sent from my iPhone using the force :-)
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby bumblebee57 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:03 am

Hi. yes I sweat too,mainly at night,a lot,sometimes I think Im going to drown!! I dont feel hot but my body is running with sweat (nice subject,eh? lol !!).I hate being hot,so on hot days, Its torture for me.It really spoils a night (or day) out too.Not only do I feel uncomfortable, but my face looks like its going to explode, its so red...not attractive!! It feels different to menapausal hot flushes,which I had at about age 33,54 now.
bumblebee57
UKFM Member

Postby Salgor » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi All
Didn't realise I had struck such a cord wi th so many other FM sufferers. :shock: It really is something which is FM related isn't it. I get no warning that it's coming on. One minute I am feeling normal and the next the sweat literally pouring out of me, especially my head. This happens night and/or day.

Sally
Salgor
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:57 pm

I can tell by my legs they suddenly have such a strange sensation in them can't explain the feeling ,then the rest of my body goes very hot don't sweat though just very hot
kitten
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia