Sweating - this is awful !!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Sweating - this is awful !!

Postby lala1626 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:50 pm

i didnt realise this was anything to do with fibro, i never used to sweat even sat in a sauna it took about a good half hour before it started.
now i have to think about what clothes to wear that day to not get too hot and so that i dont sweat, even thought it happens anyway, i sweat more from the middle to the bottom of my back but not under my arms which i think is odd.
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby forbiddensnowflake » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:01 pm

I get really bad sweating all over too which is awful as it makes me really self conscious if i am having a bad day with it and need to head out.I did find a good deoderant which helps stop underarm sweating(you can also use it on your feet and hand if they sweat too).
forbiddensnowflake
UKFM Newbie

Postby relf1960 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:01 pm

and i thought i was the only 1, lol. when i get out the bath i start to sweat straight away, even thoughi donthav bath hot, cus that causes me palpitations. sometimes i start to smell under my arms b4 ive even finished drying my self. ive been given this roll on from doc at times the smell is putrid. think its when im stressed. this sweat problem started few yrs ago, as i was drying my hair my roots were getting wetter, so after styling id av to do it on cold to redry roots. then id av to av fan on my face to put makeup on, then get in car/taxi n av to av window open even in winter. id fan myself with menus or beermats when out n if i was in busy rooms my head wood leak. should i dance i looked like id stepped out of shower. it was awful n so embarrasing. i cut my hair off thinking it would help, but didnt. it was a few yrs after i got really poorly n found out i had fibro, so didnt think it was related. also every1 in this fb group im in is always complaining how freezing they are. while i sit in my living room naked from waste up, n blanket on knees down. daughters cold n wants heating on while i want windows open. got a 4.5 tog duvet on bed n my head neck n chest drip like im in sauna. was told to try antihystermines but keep forgetting n seem a strange thing to take for it. any knowledge of what works would be fab. asked doc about botox which works by stopping sweat glands, but of course was told no money in nhs service for that.
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby fatanne1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:07 pm

lol, so glad ive read this one, ive put it down to change (im 42), I have a combination of last post I realy feel the cold and sometimes to a point of actual dithering hubby always complaining cause I always have heating on :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but then sometimes im also sweating profusely,, totally get hairdrying thing and I have realy thick hair so total mare :lol: :lol: :lol: , im stipped almost naked while doing it, not preety , my poor boys :lol: although my arms are always freezing how bizzare is that,, I hate that we are all suffering with fm, but its so nice to know that I am not some stand alone freak of nature... unless u have it u cant poss get it. love to u all :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: to fibro. xxx
fatanne1
UKFM Member

Postby kazak » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:08 pm

hi all
yeah i'm not the freak i thought i was. i too sweat buckets mainly from head (bloody sweat stings when it goes in ur eyes) and runs down my back too, yet i sit with 3 pairs of socks and a blanket on my legs and a pedistal fan on high. when i'm out it's embaressing to have a menu wafting my face while it goes redder and redder and sweat beads drip on my top and my hair gets flater and wetter. oh the joys of fm :lol:
kazak
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Good grief it is surprising how many of us suffer like this!!! I had a shower and washed my hair and an hour later its absoloutly wet through again it is so embarrasing as it happens all the time. My sister also has this badly but her gp has given her some tablets to stop it, i dont know what they are called but i will find out as i am going to ask my gp for some. I had put a lot of this down to all the medication that i take but i am really not so sure and it is really dragging me down. I dont even have to be doing anything for it to happen, my hands are freezing yet my whole body is red hot!!! Anyone know where we can get a new thermostat from??? Things are getting desperate for a lot of us to other people they dont realise what a big thing it is and it awful!!! Sorry rant over lol!!!!!!!!!

Millyxxx :-D :grouphug: sorry bout soggy cuddle lol
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby kazak » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:39 pm

hi millymoodoo
i wud def be interested in knowing wot the tablets r called, i 2 put it down 2 meds.
kazak
UKFM Member

Postby evie15 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 pm

It's bloody awful isn't it.

I sweat sometimes straight out of the shower, I am drenched just still in a dressing gown.

I also get so hot and red in the face and sweat but I am freezing cold too. I do put talc on but nothing seems to stop it. It is on my stomach and back and knees as well as under arms. :(
evie15
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi

The name of the drug my sister is on to stop the sweating is pro-banthine or other name is propantheline i hope this helps but i am certainly going to ask my gp for some as they are a wonder drug!!!! My sister offered to let me try some of hers but i wont take tablets that are not prescribed for me although it was very tempting lol!!!!! Desperation could lead to us doing anything that might help!!

Millyxxx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:26 pm

ive posted once on this subject already but need to add to it. when i started these sweats i had been on same medication for yrs, and still on the same,so dont think its meds. read up on those u take though just in case. id also like to add that recently i feel like im a microwave oven.i know this sounds funny but i feel this internal burning sensation thru my torso that gets hotter n hotter in seconds. its so strange but i feel like im being cooked from the inside.lol
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby angelwings1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:16 pm

I suffer too. I also go very very Red at times and find it most embarassing :oops: I know it's not the menopause as I went through that years ago. Think I might do a checklist to compare and see what others have
angelwings1
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:02 am

I am so glad I'm not alone with this, though I am sorry we all have to put up with it.

I often have what I call "hot flushes" though I'm only 29 lol. I can be totally fine one minute and the next I'll have sweat pouring all over me, behind my neck, my face my whole body. It makes me feel so icky I have to have a bath and often I end up having 3 or 4 baths a day lol.

I also get this when I have got out the bath and am drying my hair. I don't have my bath too hot, and I sit down for a bit after to "cool down" before attempting to dry my hair, but it is quite long now (growing it for my wedding in August) and does take a while to dyr it. I refuse to cut it though lol I love my hair!

Other half thinks I'm really strange when I have the bedroom window open while getting ready lol and when I have to stand by the back door when a hot flash suddenly attacks me.

I'm on tramadol and co codamol and I'm sure it's a side effect of one of those.

I just hate the ickyness feeling it gives me lol.

xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby evie15 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:34 am

angelwings1 wrote:I suffer too. I also go very very Red at times and find it most embarassing :oops: I know it's not the menopause as I went through that years ago. Think I might do a checklist to compare and see what others have

Yes I go bright red and my face and chest is burning hot.

I am in my twenties so hope it's not the menopause.
evie15
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:23 pm

get them mainly at night ....just thought it was due to me overheating by having too many duvets on the bed because of the cold weather but found it really strange as I can wake up with PJ quite damp & uncomfortable but I still feel cold ?

Thanks for pointing it out
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Same here ISM. I can be sweating yet still feel cold it's the strangest thing. And I feel the cold a lot more too.

Oh the joys of FM.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia