Sweating - this is awful !!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Sweating - this is awful !!

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:56 pm

I never have it in the day, i only sweat at nighttime, in the middle of the night, i wake up n im soakin wet, not a gd look like, luckily it doesnt happen all the time.
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi,

I have been having these sweats for nearly 2 years now and I def thought it was menopause. Only just found out when having all blood tests done to rule out all stuff to find out I had FM, that its not menopause at all as my hormone levels are normal.

The sweats are terribly hot. I feel that being cooked from the inside feeling that someone else mentioned and i sweat on my face, but my body gets wet thru. My face goes really red. It can be embarrassing too when youre out and it does it.

I wake up wet thru too with sweat, then throw the duvet off then am freezing cold as its cold in the house, cant win.
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby emmas2525 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:10 pm

I thought I was cracking up!!! :crazy: My head regularly feels like it cooking from the inside and goes bright red, but my body is freezing cold!! It's the weirdest of sensations. I'm lucky in the respect that I don't suffer from the sweating but i look pretty odd wearing thick cardigans whilst fanning my bright red face!!! :oops: FM is such fun. :yikes:
emmas2525
UKFM Newbie

Postby clsmbenn » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:28 am

i am new to fibro, but reading what everyone has put i suppose it all ties in.

i get terrible sweats through night, yet i am freezing cold and my teeth are chattering.

thought it was my meds or i was coming down with something.

this site really is informative for a newbie.

thank you :bear-dancing:
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Postby JulieG » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Oh am I so glad I've found this forum........ I had my Menopause and my last 'monthly visitor' was nearly 5 years ago
I thought I'd got away lightly with this, with only the odd 'hot flush' but they came back with a vengeance and I did
wonder if it was the Fibro (as we know there are a million and one effects) Thank you for clarifying this, as now I
know I'm not losing the plot. By the way the only Meds I take as yet are Amitryptaline and the odd paracetamol/Brufen
I'm not being stubborn, just want to investigate all the side effects of the other meds first, I have been offered
Duloxotine and Tramadol, not sure yet whether to try them

Julie x
JulieG
UKFM Member

Postby dianedee » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:02 pm

same here, and in bed at night when i get up my pillow and where i have been lied is socking wet, thought i was on my own with this but im not
dianedee
UKFM Newbie

Postby relf1960 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:33 am

I've been on seroxat known also as parole tine for 15 yrs, but I'd say my sweating started 7 yrs ago, way before my menopause. My son has been on same tablets for 4 months and sweated just like me. It's stopped sincr he's cum off them, cus it said sweating was a symptom. Is everyone else on such anti depressants that suffer with sweat?
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:23 am

Yep I too have this problem. Red hot face, sweat pouring down my head, neck and back. Used to be underarms too but I found this deodorant you can get from Sure or Dove. It's more expensive (about 5 quid I think) but at least I don't feel totally embarrassed about wet patches and I also worry less about being smelly even though I have a bath or shower every day.

It could happen to me at any time but it seems worse when I drink or eat something hot or when I had a really bad night. :dunno:
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby seamonkey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Oh WoW, Another symptom im not alone with!
Right now my head and face is running with sweat.
When im at work it is so embarassing, it starts all of a sudden I can feel it on my head starting then i just pour! Trouble is what do I say to my work colleagues as I havent told them ive had a diagnosis.
Does anyone have any ideas or things to help?
seamonkey
seamonkey
UKFM Member

Postby jools1903 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Oh thank goodness I've found this thread! I thought I was going mad :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I have had these awful sweats for a few years now and recently asked to be referred to a Dermatologist (still waiting), but now I may have found the answer - it's my bl**dy fibro :yikes:

I have to have a fan blowing on me all day at work, it's like I cannot stand having no moving air in the room. But when I'm at home I can have all the windows closed and, providing I'm doing anything, I don't sweat.

I can feel it prickling out of the pores on my head then whoosh! down my face and neck! It's awful and so embarrassing :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I try and wipe it away but it takes hours for it to stop :-?
jools1903
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:39 pm

sweat omg i cant stand summer anymore im sitting here hoping it rains or better still snows,lol when i heard it was going to be hot till middle of sept i could of cryed :crazy: silly thing is i bet even in winter i still get them.that or il start moaning about the cold ;-)
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Foreman-D » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:22 am

I get this very badly. Was going to post sonething asking this but glad someone beat me to it. Walking up the stairs can start mine. Embarrassing too.
Foreman-D
UKFM Member

Postby positivethinker » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:55 pm

Star flower capsules 1000mg morning and evening. Works really well for me. I get mine from Superdrug. If I sweat now it is usually only when I have eaten and it is tons milder than it used to be.
positivethinker
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:01 am

My son stopped his seroxat/paroxetine n the sweats that started with them, stopped when he did. But like I said before I'd been on mine a few years b4 sweats started, n I won't come off them to see if it goes, cus I've been on them 15 yrs now n can't. Boo hoo.
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby Marsha76 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:17 am

I know this is a year later since this post was originally written, but I have such a problem with sweating!!

I even went to an Endocrinologist to see if it was a hormone issue. The doc asked me a bunch of questions. He didn't do any testing and said it was not a hormone issue, but Fibro caused.

I have hot flashes and sweat regardless of what the temp is. I hate talking to someone and feeling the sweat break out on my face and do my best to resist the urge to keep wiping my face as we talk.

Another time I sweat really bad is right after I take a shower. No matter if I get cooled off or stand in front of a fan or go outside in the cool air or get into a car with the AC pointed right in my face, I still sweat. It makes me frustrated every shower or bath I take because it takes a lot of strength to make it thru a shower in the first place...

:oops:
Marsha76
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia