Pain in arms

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Pain in arms

Postby Sals » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:08 pm

we're all in so much pain I often feel like starting a thread: What doesn't hurt.......... I think earlobe would be my response.

I too have tried the cortisone injections in my neck and across the base of it, alass it didn't work for me but that doesn't mean it wouldn't work for you, try it and see.

Tens machines are also unsuited to my skin and body.

I do get relief from Acupressure Pillow and Mat. know as a bed of nails. Yes it hurts but it's a different type of pain, I'm not sure I can explain it but I like it!! :-D
Sals
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:31 pm

I know the last post here was some time ago but I was hoping someone could give me some ideas of how to cope with pain & tingling in my arm (I am right handed and the right arm is particularly bad to day.) writing this is like having little needles sticking into you nerves and muscles.

It basically feels like siatica of the arm accompanied by a heavyness and a feeling of internal cold ( although OH says I my arm does n't feel cold to touch.)

Three weeks ago I got some facet joint injections as I also have a bad back (herniated disc) and then got my meds reviewed at the pain clinic.

Put me on 20 mg Butrans patch and 2x100mg Lyrica. Tried the increase in the patch ....ok for about 17 days but had to take it off on Sunday as I had a really bad headache for around 3 days and couldn't stand the pain much more .

Have also started the increase in Lyrica taking one of the 100mg at night but as yet haven't included the morning one as I am still "dizzy" after taking the evening tablet.

Anybody any thought if it could be linked to my meds or is this just something I put down to Fibro. Don't want to bother the Doc if its FM related but it it driving me mad and I can't get any sleep so am totally shattered.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby hooplykim » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:06 am

It is hard to say with the lyrica tabs as they made me very dizzy but being dizzy is a part of FMS, sometimes it's hard to distinguish between the condition and side effects.

The lyrica did not work for me I was on them 3 times a day and they did nothing for my pain, all they did for me was made me grumpy, dizzy, and I lost a lot of hair. But I do know they work for some. Anything that concerns you, you should defo see your doctor cos they want you on the right medication too. Especially if it is the mess making you more dizzy cos that could be dangerous.

The pain and heaviness in the arms is so annoying when even drinking a cup of tea makes you feel like a contestant in worlds strongest man! I saw a post above that said something about starting a thread about what doesn't hurt, soooo true as I think earlobe would be the most popular response!

I just wish it wouldn't be so hard to find the right tabs, I'm just about to start on nortryptiline fingers crossed we all find a bit of relief!
Fibromyalgia is not who we are, Just something we have.
hooplykim
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:20 am

Hi, i was going to make a post... but hey presto its here :-D , im just starting with a big flare up everywhere is hurting and having hip spasms to the point yesterday where i had to stand still outside whilst walking litterally one leg i couldn't control....... anyway off on a tangent there, back to arms..

i feel as if i have tight elastic bands for muscles thats the only way to describe and i can feel muscles that are wrapped taught around the main bones and giving me pain :yikes: ,pain from moving, then like a force, dead arm pain then you flaming try to rub it that hurts.. the weathers not helping as today its raining , i have areas that hurt all the time but i usually get away with arms,neck and sometimes shoulders. Oh well ive not had a flare up where evrything hurts...last time it lasted over 6 months, im hoping its just the weather....
mand
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 am

Aghhhhh.Nothing is taking it away , gets worse when I do anything with my hands ....such as type on here lol
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia