Itching

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Itching

Postby SharonL42 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:57 pm

Im not on any meds at the moment but wondered if it was part of the FM

Xx
Keep Smiling :)
SharonL42
UKFM Member

Itching

Postby Ariel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Had mine way before meds!
Diagnosed 2012! Hoping to learn more and make friends in the fibro community.
Ariel
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:46 am

Mine is on the inside of my left thigh some days it drives me mad I know it's not any meds that causing it , when I think back I had this itching before I got diagnosed with fibro
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 am

I itch on my back and the soles of my feet which is awful!! I now go to bed armed with my back scratcher as when it starts it is unbearable!!! For quite a few years now i itch badly after a shower and i used to scratch until i blead!! Now following a shower i have been prescribed cetraban emollient cream which i have to rub into wet skin to trap the moisture in. This really works for me though its not nice having to rub into wet skin it doesnt quite feel normal. I have also been prescribed phenergan 10mg which i take about half an hour before a shower which also helps. It does sound very much like its a fibro thing despite having itchy skin long before i was diagnosed with fibro!!

Milly xx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby jaythegeek » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 am

Im itchy right now, get it all the time, every night mostly. :yikes:
jaythegeek
UKFM Newbie

Postby badtastebear » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:41 am

Hi.
I itch all over my back most days, and elsewhere intermittently.
Some days it has been so bad, I have cried, and my partner thinks im over-reacting.
I have asked her to buy me a Belt Sander for Christmas :yikes: :crazy: :lol:

Last Sunday I went to a Doc-On-Call at hospital, and he precribed as a temp measure E45 Itch Relief Cream.
It helped a lot at the time, and does ease it when I can put it on.
I found a 2 handled strap in my local pound shop that works for putting cream on my back.
It has one side like a loofah, and a smooth side, with a handle at both ends.
Loofah side good for a quick scratch, smooth side, spread cream on it and rub all over the hard to reach area of the back.
Have yet to try pills, acupuncture etc, but seeing Doc soon, so maybe will.
I have also found that one of them nylon mesh shower puff ball thingys helps on my itchy legs/arms etc, as it isnt too harsh if used gently.

I wish you all, an itch free day (and night).
Bad Taste Bears need love too.
badtastebear
UKFM Newbie

Postby scouseproud » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi, I always get itching when I have a bath. I love nothing more than a nice relaxing soak but if I submerge my hands they quickly become really itchy. When I get out of the bath my feet also become really itchy and often unbearable. I didn't know why and thought it might be something to do with a change in temperature if I had cold feet/hands and got into the hot bath. I read somewhere that sensitivity to heat is another FM symptom and I've always been a bit of a lightweight when it comes to hot showers, baths, even washing my hands.
scouseproud
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:07 pm

yes when you come out the shower you itch like crazy,wonder what thats all about xox
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby jennthefunkyranger » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:03 pm

I have a condition called demographism, which is where you come up in hives from trauma to your skin, such as scratching it etc. Luckily it's calmed down now, and only flares up when I'm really stressed, but when it first started it was horrendous. I'd itch, so I'd scratch, and then it'd come up in hives so would be even more itchy. I remember the night it started, in my 2nd year at uni, just after I'd been burgled then assaulted in the space of a week (completely unrelated incidents), and I had to take my top off and tie my hair up as I couldn't bear anything touching the skin on my back.

Vaseline have a moisturiser with aloe vera and cucumber, and that's brilliant when it flares up, especially if it's been kept in the fridge.
jennthefunkyranger
UKFM Member

Postby karen42 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:22 pm

I too have the terrible itching all over my body and especially bad on my legs I would describe it as ants running all over me :cry: The problem is though if I scratch it it makes the pain even more intense with having the sore tender skin my doctor has prescribed me cetirizine 10mg daily the problem with this med is that it only gives me relieve through the day so come evening im back to the horrible itching iv scratched myself so bad sometimes that iv made it bleed.
karen42
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia