TENS machines

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

TENS machines

Postby Miss_Riot » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:35 pm

I've just been given one by the hospital which is kind of helpful but I'm still not sure about. But I feel I need more than four patches and I've been looking online and I can't seem to find a good 4 channel one that I can afford.

Can I wear 2 at the same time? Can anyone suggest anything? Has anyone got odd tingling pains in their hands and headaches whilst using them? Any info would be great!

Thanks!
Miss_Riot
UKFM Member

Re: TENS machines

Postby Vickyharry1982 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:48 pm

I use one with two pads in one area, and heat pads on other areas then change them around, make sure there not over heart or on major arteries. Not heard of headaches, it sometimes makes me twitch so I just turn it down more, I have it on highest I can bear without twitching or tingling. I only use for short bursts.
Then I change the areas it on.
It doesn't take it away, but helps a bit, like scrambling the pain signal, it's background fuzzing that distracts from the pain in that area xxx
Vickyharry1982
UKFM Member

Postby Kirsty-Ann91 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:54 pm

I use to have a tens machine with 4 pads but never found it useful. I cudnt feel it at all even on the highest :( !!! But if you dont think 2 pads are working speak to your doctor and ask for a 4 pad one x
Kirsty-Ann91
UKFM Member

TENS machines

Postby Miss_Riot » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:13 pm

I've got a 4 pad one I'm wanting an 8 pad one!
Miss_Riot
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:49 pm

Have you tried Googling to see if you can get an 8 pad machine??

Sent from LaaLaaLand by PinkiWinkiFone xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby millymoodoo » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:13 am

Have you thought about getting larger patches i have seen a lot of much bigger patches on the internet and they are not too expensive. I have posted on another topic about a tens machine that i have just purchased, it is a lloyds heated tens machine which has made a massive difference to me and was worth every penny of the £40 paid for it. It comes with 4 pads and you get vouchers for half price pads i have just ordered 5 lots (4 pads in each pack) and have paid £18 for the lot including postage just using one of the many half price voucher codes that they send you. I have ordered so many as i seem to go through them very quickly and now i have found a machine that really helps i dont want to be without it!!!! It is also battery or mains operated which is also good as my other tens i was always replacing the batteries so this is perfect. If you just use batteries you dont get the heat but i use mine a lot at night and i have an electrical socket next to my bed so it is fantastic.

My last tens machine was good but nothing like this one, i wore my old tens out as i use it everyday so it owed me nothing. I was without a machine for 2 days and it was a nightmare i didnt realise just how much it helped me but this heated tens went way beyond my expectations. My parents were not sure what to get me for christmas so they gave me money early so that i could get this machine. I have also purchased a brod tens bracelet, someone on here posted about it about 6 weeks ago, i was skeptical about it to begin with but i researched it and asked the manufacturer many questions as £64 is a lot of money and i didnt want to waste it. I bought a bracelet 4 weeks ago and that is also helping aswell i am finding i dont need to take pain killers for break through pain since getting it i am just taking the slow release Oxcodene. Before taking the maximum break through pain relief it wasnt getting my pain under control at all, now i am much more comfortable and can tollerate the pain i do get.

The manufacturer of the Brod tens bracelet allow you 60 days to try out the bracelet and if you dont get any relief you can send it back for a refund, its not a full refund i think they said i would lose 20% which gave me the confideance to try it. So who ever the original poster for this bracelet was i owe you a massive thank you, the poster had been to a show in scotland. If i am fair the bracelet started to help within a few hours of starting to wear it which was fantastic and as you can imagine i only take it off for a shower but it goes straight back on. Dont get me wrong these 2 items that i use are not a miracle worker but between the 2 they have made my pain tollerable.

If anyone would like any more info please ask!!!

Milly xxx :-D
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

TENS machines

Postby Miss_Riot » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:23 am

I've googled 8 pad machines and not really come up with much but I'll give the bigger patches a go and I'll have a good think about the heated one.

Can you tell me anything else about that bracelet?
Miss_Riot
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:23 am

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:33 am

So glad you've managed to find something that is helping you Milly :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: If you get a chance, it would be great if you added something about your heated TENs machine to the "Help List-please add whatever helps you" topic. It sounds like it could be something that could help quite a few of us :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: I'm off to Google it now :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:40 pm

The heated pads sound good, when my Tens need replacing i will defo go for a heated pad one. :-D
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby den568 » Wed May 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Just purchased "The Brod Tens Bracelet" as it has many health benefits and claims to be a one stop rejuvenation, maintenance and repair centre for the whole body. Having found it advertised on the UK Fibromyalgia monthly newsletter, I thought I would give it a try, as have been having the worst flare up I've ever experienced with Chronic Fatigue lasting now for over 4 months more or less on a daily basis being in bed, only having an a good day here and there I'm now at the end of my tether and willing to try anything. Have had Fibromyalgia now for over 20 years. The Brod Tens bracelet comes with a 60 day guarantee and you also do not have to pay the VAT if you are on disibility or have a chronic health problem, so here goes have now been wearing it since it arrived in the post at lunchtime, has anyone else tryed it out yet?
den568
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia